It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Africa ever turn into a developed continent??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
it's all about infrastructure.
African leaders need to unify themselves under the singular goal and pursuit of building a strong infrastructure of some sort that doesn't rely mainly on commodity exports like diamonds and oil to other countries. They need to become more self sufficient and build an infrastructure little by little so that people have jobs, there's a manufacturing base, etc, etc. But none of this can occur without outside help but Africa is easier to control in the state that it exists in now so all the old "colonial powers" like U.S. and Europe continue to turn a blind eye and keep Africa down on purpose so that they can just control it and get what they want from it in terms of natural resources rather than face the possibility of a unified Africa emerging in the 21st century as a new adversary or competitor to these big headed zionist bankers like how China and Russia are.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
I get how it is corrupt, but my question is can we do anything about. From all the replies so far, I geuss the answer is no we cant do anything they are basically gonna just be a war torn country for the rest of our lives?? Something has to change, there has always been revolutions

1st...they are the wrong color for the most powerful nations
2nd... US, europe, russia, china, other asian countries, australia, need to plunder as many natural resourses as they possibly can, with the least amount of any government control.

relatively small bribes (from corporations) going to the latest and meanest leader, will keep african countries in constant poverty and turmoil.

any of these countries that try and tax corporations for the benefit of the people of that country, will have a coup and be overthrown.

that's what the people are trying to do in Nigeria and they are in violent turmoil.

this is the way it is.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

It is a continent of MANY corrupt countries.

With unnatural colonialist white man created borders.

Tribal areas transcend geographic borders.

The problem with Africa and a large portion of the world is TRIBES.

Most of the wars fought have been tribal wars,even today.

They exist all over the world on every populated continent and affect how much or how little the society is modernized.

[edit on 28-9-2009 by calcoastseeker]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Which African country are we talking about here? There are vast differences between them.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The continent of Africa

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
This is an interesting thread.

rosalieee.files.wordpress.com...

www.ngca.co.uk...

1.bp.blogspot.com...

moattari.files.wordpress.com...

Very interesting indeed.

And a good question also.

-Edrick

[edit on 29-9-2009 by Edrick]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap
reply to post by wazthewazzock

The one I video I seen of a leader that was assassinated was right along these lines. He took a stand against the colonialism. He realized suddenly that his country had more than enough resources to feed themselves but the problem was that they were sending them all to Europe to pay off the world bank for a debt that was imposed on them. It is insane. I know posting stuff from another thread is a no no but since this is getting the attention, you have to see it. Read what he is telling his people. This guy was assassinated for it.

THAT my friend, THAT is what the world needs.
If we all saw the way this man did, the way he looked past all the
fear mongering, the power struggle, stop listening to what were being told,
and evaluate whats happening ourselves, the world will change for a better place and to fight and resist the powers that be.
Thank you for that video
*Makes jackflap his new friend*

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Not until we stop our foreign intervention.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by wazthewazzock

Thanks wazthwazzock. I am glad somebody finally got it. I had been saying all along that it is by design that they are so under developed. They have enough resources there to feed the whole world, yet they are poor. The ptb have way too much to lose if they understood the correct course of action. By the way, made you my new friend too.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Hmm, I don't think anyone one's mentioned this website by Hans Rosling before on ATS.
www.gapminder.org... "Unveiling the beauty of statistics for a fact based world view."

Here's a couple videos of his presentations
www.youtube.com... Hans Rosling: No more boring data: TEDTalks
www.youtube.com... Hans Rosling: New insights on poverty and life around the world

I haven't watched them in awhile but what i remember is that things are veryvery slowly improving in Africa :/

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Well, it depends on your opinion of developed. The colonialism and its outcome in my opinion are far worse than any horror story I have seen. The countries were divided up based on resources, and the colony that occupied the area with no regard for the people who have been living there since the beginning of humanity. Me being an African American/Indian American male makes feel a connection to Africa even though i have never been. The problem is not complicated, imposing western standards on African people will never work. Using people for their resources without a fair exchange is never fair. Its really not so much about race as it is about common courtesy. Developed is the society that lives in an equilibrium with its surroundings and most of Africa already achieved this BC (before colonialism).

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
typical racist crap.
2nd line.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join