It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Africa ever turn into a developed continent??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
From reading the HDI on Africa I started to think. If Africa is in the 0.300's and U.K, Canada, U.S.A, are in the 0.900's, will Africa ever be a developed country?? Why is it so hard for Africa to get ahead in life??? I think the problem is the lack of money sent to the country(also the warfare involved). 3 billion a year, is hardly nothing for a continent of 1 billion people. While there is billions spent on worthless things in the world that we don't even need. Even though most of the continent is run by warfare, Couldn't developed countries find a way to unify Africa, and or donate money towards them. I think we could, change something in Africa, but no one seems to care? There has to be something going on with all this lack of interest of interest of helping these people? So my main question is Why dont we donate more money to Africa, or atleast clean up the wars??

en.wikipedia.org...

HDI Index above.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
It was only set behind recently within the last say 2500 years from all the INVASIONS FROM NEIGHBORING COUNTRIES THAT THOUGHT THEY SEEN ITS FULL POTENTIAL and all I can say is they missed the most IMPORTANT FIND EVER STILL TO THIS DAY LOL. So to again answer your question it was THE MOST DEVELOPED CONTINENT TO EXCEL in human developments (BEFOR THE FLOODS) and in the NEAR MANY WILL UNDERSTAND THE OVERLOOKED POTENTIAL THAT CAME FROM THAT RED CLAY THAT MAKES ALL HUMAN BLOOD FLOW.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I disagree with you on the amount of money being the issue. There are plenty of resources (food, clothing, etc.) being distributed that is seized by corrupt officials and then sold to the people when it was intended to be given away. The wealth of African nations is distributed to the top 2% (guessing on percentage). Who owns the diamond mines? Who owns the gold mines? The money is there - it is just not being distributed to those in need. Sending more money to a country that is not distributing the money in the first place is only putting more money in the pockets of the corrupt politicians.

Now, in regards to your second part of the question, "clean up the wars". How exactly would you propose this? Who exactly is supposed to do it? Why are constant civil wars the worry of other nations?

Just some things to think about. Answers to your questions are never as simple as a person might believe them to be.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

Not to detract attention away from this important thread Maddogkull, but I asked the very same question in a thread that I started not too long ago. It had to do with the assassination of Thomas Sankara. It involved France and the CIA mainly. It has to do with European colonialism. I believe Africa is kept in the condition it is by the PTB. Star and flagged for bringing this up and when you get a chance check out my thread. There was recently a very revealing documentary that was aired in Italy that revealed the assassination plot.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TLomon

I agree with you there, on you saying who is going to clean up the wars. It would be very hard to take control of a whole continent. U.S tried to stop anarchy in Somalia and did a pretty bad job on that, and not to mention the lives lost during the raids. but so your basically saying then theres no hope for africa to become developed?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Thanks Jack, I will be looking into your thread. But your thread is stating only an account of one man(which is interesting), I am more looking for answers why the continent as a whole is screwed up.

[edit on 28-9-2009 by Maddogkull]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
we should just stop giving them ANY aid because their leaders are pocketing majority of that money, let them solve their own problems.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
But isen't this the time to give them an intervention of some sort?? If they keep going from one corrupt politician to the next, there will never be a developed continent. Sometime in the future there has to be a country/countries that step in and help out the continent of Africa.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

It is a small example of what is happening all over the continent. When you review the material you must remember that it is only one nation in the continent. Just remember that this type of policy is continental. Thanks for replying Maddogkull.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Today, most African leaders are ignorant of the needs and aspirations of the people they served, notably the masses, who formed the majority. What is being witnessed in Africa is the aggressiveness, through which African leaders assumed the mantle of leadership and the acute desire to remain permanently in power, so that they continue to amass, as much wealth, as they can and stash same in foreign banks to purposely serve the interests of their foreign lords. Any attempt to change the system will consequently lead to breakdown of law and violence, while their foreign lords continued to supply them with arms and ammunitions to protect their seats and remain in power. It does not matter, if the African masses drink the blood of one another and eat them up in the guise of war, so long as the white lords benefit from the circumstances.

www.triumphnewspapers.com...

Just something else I remembered.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Yes I agree. This may sound kind of crazy and I know David Icke has a crappy reputation around here but his interview with that Crudo Matwa guy was pretty interesting. I remember Icke saying something along the lines of Africans or darker people being much harder to or much more resistant to "mind control". Maybe the term mind control was figurative i.e. materialism, mass consumption, abandonment of their culture or maybe he meant it more literally I don't know but it made sense. I'm not meaning to sound racist but I see it in black Americans. There is very much a "wild" side to black people. Look at black culture, i.e. rap culture, dancing, violence etc. I think it stems from the fact that most europeans are so far removed from their ancient culture. Blacks are not that far removed from their "tribal" hunter/gathering/nomadic culture as this type of living and society still exists in many parts of Africa. But then again blacks are obsessed with money and materialism in many ways, maybe no more so than whites, so maybe they are more easily mind controlled in the material sense. I think white people have been tamed and massively mind controlled through corporations, the media, consumption etc. Black people are on that path but not "there" yet in my opinion. They are still more "free" and wild so to speak.

But I do agree with you that Africans are being kept down by outside influences. Just look at how destructive colonialism and apartheid were.

Africa is such an amazing continent......I can only imagine what kind of power, success, prosperity would come about if African people got their act together and kicked out the NWO and everyone else keeping them down and grew as a people. It's one of the most amazing places on Earth filled with an abundance of natural resources.

[edit on 28-9-2009 by Zosynspiracy]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
If was a victim of imperialism and apartheid for many years which robbed them of many resources. This made them fall behind a bit but even today they do not know how to use their resources or use most of them to buy weapons to fight amongst eachother. The conflicts are a huge problem, genocides and other violent acts amongst the people there. Now their water supplies are disappearing. I really do not see how they can become developed, it has many nice places and they would be able to benefit from tourisum if...the violence stopped, otherwise it's just going to get worse and not better.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
What a double edged sword this is. If we interfere we will be accused of colonialism. If we take a hands off approach it's viewed as heartless. We should not interfere because they need to learn to do for themselves and they will appreciate what they have done more. A child carried by it's father never learns to walk. We cannot bequeath competence to the African people.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Africa is a continent that has been sucked dry for hundreds of years.
Think about all the diamonds, oil, wool, animals etc have come from there,
yet it has never had anything back.

If people in high places actually gave a toss,
Africa would be as you call "Developed".

All these live aids and concerts and charities,
what have they actually done?
Made a few schools here n there?

If Africa was never intervened with and left alone by the colonisation,
we would have a continent rich with resources, landscape and history.

Yet famine, hate, disease and war has taken that all away.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
wats wrong with a country thats still natural? ;p

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by wazthewazzock

The one I video I seen of a leader that was assassinated was right along these lines. He took a stand against the colonialism. He realized suddenly that his country had more than enough resources to feed themselves but the problem was that they were sending them all to Europe to pay off the world bank for a debt that was imposed on them. It is insane. I know posting stuff from another thread is a no no but since this is getting the attention, you have to see it. Read what he is telling his people. This guy was assassinated for it.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I agree what your sayin Wazz. Since colonization happened, and we cant change the past. Were are we left now? It is a war torn country. Do we just let them all kill themselves??? Or intervene?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Don't you get it Maddogkull? It is by design. The leaders that are in power are corrupt for a reason. The minute one of them realizes what is going on they are taken out.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I get how it is corrupt, but my question is can we do anything about. From all the replies so far, I geuss the answer is no we cant do anything they are basically gonna just be a war torn country for the rest of our lives?? Something has to change, there has always been revolutions

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I think it has to do with two things - colonialism, and the lack of mountains. Mountains create rivers, and without mountains, there aren't very many rivers in Africa.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join