It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Service Investigating Facebook Poll Asking Whether Obama Should Be Killed

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
do agree with you, that they should have been able to use better judgment in choosing a better topic for a poll. If the poll was "Do you wish Obama would be struck by lightning", do you think that'd be better, because it cites a natural death, as opposed to execution?

Where is that line drawn?

Should we censor the poll creator?

I thought this website was all about preserving our rights?

Isn't it our right to share with each other, our opinions of the president?

Is there some law that made it illegal to discuss him?

There has NOT been any threats tied to this poll. It was just a place where people could exchange their own opinions.. just like ATS.

I find this thread extremely hypocritical.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

my response:

yes this is illegal, and no i not going to tell you why...i think you need to search and look at the various laws yourself.
and you can't see or understand what the threat is?????
you think this is just an opinion poll???
you think this JUST a way to "DISCUSS" him???

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninecrimes

Originally posted by inthesticks
I despise Obama but this is beyond the pale. The Facebook pollster AND those that participated in this poll are disgusting! It's one thing to strongly disagree with Obama, but to wish for him to be assassinated is sickening.

It is sickening in your opinion.

What if I were to say that I think you are sickening for judging people whom you do not know?

Would you feel any less valuable?

Probably not. Just like the people you are bashing probably wouldn't give a squat about your JUDGMENT, either.

Judge less. Observe more.

You claim to believe in free speech 100%? yet shortly after making that claim you knock someone's right to speak freely down like it never meant anything?

Surely to believe in something and to promote your stance on such a matter, is to abide by the rule you claim to to hold so dear to yourself.

Do as I say not as I do, or to put it more bluntly, freedom of speech is fine, as long as you speak freely about things I agree with?

Just an observation.

Never the less, this poll is wrong, it is not about speaking freely, it is about incitement to violence and hatred, Obama is the democratically elected leader of the USA, like it or not that should stand for all America is meant to be, he has been in office for a short time, yet he is blamed for trying to fix the mess of the President before him left, not only for the American people, but For people World wide, why is the hatred not aimed in that direction?

When all of us where kids, many times we got told to do things or clear up things we did not do or where not responsible for, we bitched and moaned about it, it wasn't fair, but we did it any way, it's no different really for Obama, he has no choice but to try and repair the damage done by another Administration with the tools he has available.

Thinking Mcain and Palin would have done better by now, well that would be ludicrous, if that would have happened, well the state of affairs right now would be a lot worse IMO, it's called the lesser of two evils, these people who do these things don't care about America, what sane individual wants to drive it's country to Civil war? or a Revolution where the outcome would be any ones guess?

I love big brother as much as the next guy, I want freedom and an end to stupid useless rules, but imagine a World where when you call for help, nobody is going to come to help you, Imagine a lawless society where people can do to you as they wish and all you can do to stop it is run from your life and hope they don't find you, ok things are bad right now, it's not just America that is having problems, those words are meaningless to some, but what would the World be like if in 1944 the World didn't unite to fight and defeat the threat that faced everyone.

If America did turn to total Anarchy like some of these people want, wouldn't you hope and wish for someone else to come to your aid and set you free just like those imprisoned and killed between 1939 and 1946?

America now has an enemy within it's borders, and you need to unite not fight, then sort out your political woes through your election process that just 9 years ago you all boasted as the best in the World, you don't need to go to war with yourselves to send these people running with their tails between their legs, you just need to unite, there are so few of them and so many good people, don't let them rule your lives with lies.

It was one such as those who created this poll in the first place.

Again I end up writing a book, it saddens me to see so much hatred and unhappiness, why not have a peace rally for everyone from all sides, all standing together not matter what you stand for to show them everyone's thoughts, out number them 1000 to 1 with good intentions.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kingoftheworld

Care to share why you think you are under surveillance? Hate or threatening speech possibly?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE
Gorver, I never thought the day would come that you and I would agree on something, but that day is here. I hope the SS finds the @$$ that started this poll and prosecutes him to the furthest extent of the law.

There is an easier way to defeat your political foe... Vote

-E-

While the poll may have been distasteful to some, I do not believe any laws were broken. It's a simple poll. One person asking a question, and many people submitting opinions. Were there comments submitted as well? Were there threats made upon anyones life?

You, MysterE, are the dangerous one here. You are a witch hunter. You would have people imprisoned for clicking a button a couple of times at taxpayers expense of probably around 20 or 30 thousand dollars a year, each!

I'm sure there were similar polls regarding former Presidents, as well as many other people. Surely their is a poll out somewhere asking whether Osama Bin Laden should be killed? Would you have those poll makers imprisoned too?

People are entitled to their opinions.
Opinions are one thing, threats are another.

You clearly do not see the difference. Fortunately, the law does. And fortunately, you are not the law.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I just googled "poll, should george bush be killed?"
and got this.

Bobby | KarmaCriticand asking a very delicate question: Should George Bush be killed in ... The Latest Poll. Which look is best for our comic Scavenger?? (see images in post) ...
www.karmacritic.com/node/2446 - Similar

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
For all of you who say this was just a poll and nothing more...

then honestly what was it for...why bother?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

grover, I agree with you. This was sick. Whether it was an exercize in free speech or not, it was stupid, moronic, and dangerous.

There are plenty of people out there that probably think that their computer talks to them. (Obviously it doesn't, only MINE speaks to me)

And when these nut cases see this, god knows what they'll do. As much as I despise the man for his ideology, I don't wish him harm.

Imagine the poop storm THAT would cause.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I'm watching FOX right now. They have the topic of this thread scrolling across the screen.

Normally a fan of FOX, this just is fanning the flames.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I deleted my account with facebook. I noticed one day on my profile page that it listed my online activity like what I had read on the internet. I decided that facebook keeps track of what you do on the internet.
I also decided I was addicted to it and that can't be good. I mean why would some company just let you have an online profile to talk to family and friends? Something is up with facebook and I just decided to stay off of it for now.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I don't agree with any of his policies, but I don't wish to see any harm come to him either. I hope they find and prosecute whoever is behind this, to the fullest extent of the law.

People need to keep in mind that there are civilized ways to deal with people and politics you don't agree with. Letters, faxes, e-mails and voting come to mind.

Those that wish violence on any president, have no respect for the office or America.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Stupid why. Because it's an excuse to censor the internet. You don't think the cell phones or even ham radio is going to work when they really ramp it up do you. Total spectrum dominance.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kingoftheworld

The Meaning of "Incitement to Violence"

One does not have a political right to express beliefs in a way that violates the rights of others. For example, the reason that there is no right to yell fire in a crowded theater (when there is no fire) is that doing so would violate the property rights of the theater owner (and, by extension, of the patrons who paid money to see a movie). There is no right to reproduce copyrighted material without permission. There is no right to slander others (though in this case as in some others the proper remedy is a civil case, not prior restraint). There is no right to break into a private establishment for purposes of delivering a speech. And there is no right to incite others to particular acts of violence. Some cases can be ambiguous. A clear example of something that should be protected is general advocacy of racism (even though such advocacy is immoral). A clear example of something that should NOT be protected is the distribution of literature that calls for the murder of particular individuals (which would be incitement to violence).

Legal definition of Incite under US Law -

To arouse; urge; provoke; encourage; spur on; goad; stir up; instigate; set in motion; as in to incite a riot. Also, generally, in criminal law to instigate, persuade, or move another to commit a crime; in this sense nearly synonymous with abet.

Anything that would cause or lead a person to commit an illegal act like say, Murder, would be prosecutable. That poll could easily be shown to "incite".

Of course this is a long way around saying whoever put the poll up is either insane or intended or hoped to incite the exact act mentioned in the poll.

This is not a free speech issue and the fact some think it is shows how poorly critical thinking is being taught today. Suggesting to a possible audience of thousands if not hundreds of thousands that perhaps the POTUS should be killed is clearly an attempt to incite no matter how veiled the intent is.

Since answering yes would be "assault" in the legal sense, those who answered yes were in fact incited to commit a crime. Put your thinking cap on and I hope not many here voted yes for their sakes.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Did anybody happen to catch the results of the poll / numbers of respondents? And as for the second post about the weird poll questions on facebook "do you like your country...etc", just remember that facebook was blocking users who attempted to post information from inside Iran during the elections if I recall the free iran posts that "supposedly" came from Iranian citizens protesting the election results.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
First off, the poll was stupid -- though I think the real criminals were any persons who responded with a "YES" vote!

But... Many of us are asking about the laws broken for the very reason that we AREN'T sure what the difference is between a QUESTION (a poll) and a THREAT... (better that we are honestly seeking information, than arrogant and assumptive)

I HAVE been searching the internet for exactly what laws have been broken by this poll... (to no avail) -- so those who say they know, but refuse to tell -- shame on you for withholding information.

So, if you know what charges would be brought against the poll creator, please share!

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by soldiermom
I don't agree with any of his policies, but I don't wish to see any harm come to him either. I hope they find and prosecute whoever is behind this, to the fullest extent of the law.

People need to keep in mind that there are civilized ways to deal with people and politics you don't agree with. Letters, faxes, e-mails and voting come to mind.

Those that wish violence on any president, have no respect for the office or America.

By your definition the US govt is uncivilized, they recently slaughtered up to 1 million people based on political disagreements.

So what exactly is wrong with debating the idea that the assassination of 1 man, the leader of a violent uncivilized govt, if it could save 1000s of lives? possibly avert another war / more suffering? or even WWIII?

Certainly taking out 1 person is preferable, and more civilized, than allowing that person to continue the 100% avoidable death & suffering of 1000s upon 1000s? Or does a lofty title make ones life more valuable than 1000s of others? not IMO.

If your family was looking at suffering to a horrible death because of ONE stranger... something tells me discussing that persons assassination would be dinner table conversation.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
yes i agree but where could this all be coming from?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Well i clicked yes to that anyway
, i'm probably on their lists anyway for Anti-NWO info and Anti-Obama and Anti-EU that comes from my profile.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by soldiermom
I don't agree with any of his policies, but I don't wish to see any harm come to him either....

....Those that wish violence on any president, have no respect for the office or America.

Those were my exact feelings about bush minor as well. I disagreed with just about everything he said and did...I thought his policies were bad but I did not wish him ill and I would have just as vehemently objected to it if someone from my side had posted such a poll as well.

As about the second part of your statement...I couldn't agree more.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I am unable to access my facebook or my twitter accounts and have not been able to since around 9am GMT 29/09/09. could this be related? could this be someone crashing the sites to limit the exchange of information like the Iranian Election incident?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover

However it only takes one loose screw to take it to the next level and to deny such things do not have an impact is being disingenuous.

There are a large number of loose screws mucking about -- and they are all running the country right now.

Originally posted by grover
....like Obama or not he, is OUR president, not mine because I am a liberal just as G. W. Bush was not just your president because he was conservative...but like him or not, mine as well...

I believe you are incorrect. Bush was not a legitimate president. He was a criminal occupying high office. He has not yet been brought to task for his crimes yet. Hopefully, that will change.

Obama is really a strange bird and I'm fairly certain he is not legitimate either. He campaigns on stopping the war, stopping illegal wiretapping, stopping all the criminal activity that bush put in motion. Once in office, he embraces and expands those criminal activities with gusto. Huh?

Then there's the pictures showing obama on stage during the pledge of allegiance. Those people around obama have their hand over their heart. Obama refuses to participate and stands their twiddling his thumbs. If he openly does not support this nation, who does he support?

Then there's that business with paying millions to attorneys to keep his background documentation hidden. Would any legitimate president need to hide these docs? I guess obama wants to emulate his war-criminal buddy bush.

Nope, I can't agree with you Grover. Obama is not my president and I believe he's got no legitimate claim to power. If he refuses to produce his background docs, Congress or the military should remove him from office.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by praxis]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join