It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disgustingly Blatant Propaganda That I Received

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I received this in an e-mail last friday....I'm truly at a loss for words....
> This is awesome!
>
> Subject: General Black Jack Pershing...Poster says it all
>
> According to some in Washington this may be seen as torture and would
> probably want an investigation. He had the right idea.
>
> General Black Jack Pershing...Poster says it all
> I think he is my new hero.
>
>

>

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9596de09cb9c.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 28-9-2009 by captaintyinknots]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The story is a fake.

This one makes a mistake before it even gets out of the gate. Pershing was born in Laclede, Missouri, not Mississippi. That error sets the tone for the parade of mistaken assumptions and presumptions to follow. Another version omits the biographical information and embellishes the story with more fake facts and misinformed supposition.

There are no documented accounts of these events ever happening in the Philippines or anywhere else in 1911 or at any other time. Even experts who have studied "Black Jack" have no record of it. Pershing biographer, Dr. Frank E. Vandiver, told Urban Legends expert, David Emery, that he has found no historical account of such a strategy and feels that such actions would run counter to what is know of Pershing's character.

Chains like this one demonstrate the western world's general ignorance of Muslims and Islam. Muslims (and others, including many Jews) do not eat or use any part of the pig - not because they feel they are "pigs of the devil," but because the animals are generally considered unclean, and thus unhealthy. Few believe that merely touching swine will close the gates of heaven to them. Also, Islam does not consider terrorists martyrs, nor do they believe they are killing for Allah and will get into "muslim heaven." The concept of the "endless supply of virgins" is a mystery to most Muslims - it is not a facet of their faith.

www.breakthechain.org...

[edit on 9/28/2009 by clay2 baraka]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Yes, this is an urban legend which appeals to those who still feel that Muslims in general should be punished for their extremist fundamentalist sect's shenanigans.

By the way, the whole 'virgins in heaven' thing.... I am no scholar but I think that came from the Assassins tenets, but certainly not Islam.

[edit on 28-9-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
By the way, the whole 'virgins in heaven' thing.... I am no scholar but I think that came from the Assassins tenets, but certainly not Islam.

I think they get 72 raisins instead of virgins anyway.

Mistranslation-muslim martyrs get 72 'raisins' instead of 'virgins'

According to an Islam tradition, Muslim martyrs will go to paradise and marry 72 black-eyed virgins.
But some Koran scholars point to a less sexy paradise. While beautifully written, Islamic texts are often obscure. The Arabic language was born as a written language with the Koran, and growing evidence suggests that many of the words were Syriac or Aramaic.

Specifically, the Koran says martyrs going to heaven will get “hur,” and the word was taken by early commentators to mean “virgins,” hence those 72 concubines. But in Aramaic, hur actually meant “white” and was commonly used to specifically mean “white grapes.”

The philologist "Christoph Luxenburg", (who always uses a pseudonym for security reasons) notes that grapes would actually make more sense, because the text compares them to crystal and pearls, and because contemporary accounts have paradise abounding with fruit, especially white grapes.

www.dailygalaxy.com...
Cheers.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
This is full of blatant lies and half truths...starting with calling Phillipino citizens terrorists, while sliding right past the fact that America was the invading force....

i was beyond appalled that people are actually passing this along and getting behind it-honestly, it reads to me as a piece that was done as a farse-only to be taken and run with completely out of context.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I really hope anyone who received this disregarded it immediately. It is worse than the propaganda Muslim extremists use to recruit people.

Just remember, there is an equal and opposite for everything. So if reading something like this makes you feel good about yourself and makes you feel good about killing Muslims, than you are no better, no smarter than a suicide bomber that was brain-washed into blowing up innocent civilians.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by threekings
I really hope anyone who received this disregarded it immediately. It is worse than the propaganda Muslim extremists use to recruit people.

Just remember, there is an equal and opposite for everything. So if reading something like this makes you feel good about yourself and makes you feel good about killing Muslims, than you are no better, no smarter than a suicide bomber that was brain-washed into blowing up innocent civilians.

Unfortunately, it isn't just being disregarded. The person who sent it to me stated(and I quoted in the op) that this person is now her hero.....let me tell you she was removed from my contacts list!

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
That well may be.

But I'd bet money that if one made an announcement that all non-uniformed combatants would be fed to a large pack of hogs, would drastically drop recruitment numbers.

Yes, it is an unclean animal.

Just imagine being intercepted on your way to paradise and all that coochie, when you are yanked back, converted into an "unclean", greasy, steamy pile of hog dookey.

Won't momma be proud now.

Especially if these men in black who did the hog feeding were dressed in black and film was sent to Arab TV.

I don't have any problem with hogs, and have eaten my share, but that doesn't even appeal to me.

And we all know - they'll eat anything.

[edit on 28-9-2009 by dooper]

top topics

join