It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Most UFO Sightings Plasma Life Forms?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
Clearly you should do some research.

Lighting, plasma, stars, plasma, aurora borealis, plasma, and those are just a few examples.

Are we still talking about UFO sightings per the topic of your OP? I was referring to UFO sightings.

People really think the Aurora Borealis and lightning are UFOs? Stars I can see as a possibility, that's a good point. But as I said I haven't seen any cases of stars identified as UFOs in any ATS threads. All I said was I haven't seen any other cases, I didn't say there weren't any, I was very clear about that. There probably are some other cases I just haven't seen.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

We are talking about UFO sightings and Plasma. Plasma is everywhere, that is the point.

You claim you never see plasma, but it is everywhere, and there are numerous posters, pictures, and videos of white dots moving around that clearly look like plasma, and if you refuse to see them, that is because you have made that choice, being that you offer no logic or reason for your opinion. These little white dots are indeed Unidentified Flying Objects.

Look at the story in foo fighters in the link I provided, and tell me how that does not sound like plasma.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
While I do think that many UFO sightings are plasma phenomena, I know of no extant examples of "plasma life forms", beyond the realm of science fiction/fantasy, that is.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I think it is possible, plasma can act as a whole, like it is alive, I read this old SciFi book a while ago called The Black Cloud. It's a boring read but thought provoking for sure!

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Those things in my avatar, they are ufo orbs I filmed in the Derbyshire Dales. One can even see two shadows beneath the two clusters of ufo orbs. They are exactly like the foo fighters.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

Yeah, I think the foo fighter phenomenon, which is very well documented by far too many credible sources to be ignored, really points towards plasma life forms.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
There is a great deal of scientific evidence to support the idea of plasma life forms, and David Bohm's work is exceptional, and those who want to ignore this stuff might was well consider their understanding of science to be up there with the bible creationists. Follow the links, do some research on your own. This stuff is a huge part of what is missing from scientific research these days.

Just because we can't catch one, or communicate directly in any way we can prove, doesn't mean these lifeforms do not exist, specially since there is scientific evidence, and huge numbers of credible sightings.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Speaking as an active UFO researcher, sowing this kind of soft UFO skeptisism, 'they are intelligent plasmas' only creates confusion.
Albert Rosales humanoid database has well over 10,000 accounts of beings, that is humanoid creatures walking around, most seen in the vicinity of structured material UFO craft.
If you had access to an archive of UFO journals you would see that luminosity reports from around the world do not make the majority of sightings historically. People see metallic objects, of apparent solid density.
What you are confusing most of all is to assume you can conceive what the luminosity is. These solid objects ufo craft and humanoid pilots, all can phase in or out while creating a plasma envelope around them selves. Every luminosity can potentially materialise into something totally unexpected and solid.
If ufology was the study of a benign phenomenon, a talking shop which could happily have no major effect on our future I would be quite happy to remain content that the cute alien critters theory will do no harm.
However the UFO phenomenon is life and death for the future of humanity, and to ignore witness testimony to the contrary and military losses to the contrary it is indeed the height of folly. I shudder that grown adults could mentally disarm them selves to the point that they even consider the plasma equivalent of fluffy bunnies in our skies is the answer to the UFO question. These are not sky beasts, sentient plasma or balls of orgone energy, they are manufactured objects from other civilisations. Read your UFO cases more widely rather than just quoting a few cases that agree with your theory. Don't talk about talk, thats not research, go and meet some witnesses in your area.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Harry Challenger

Yes, UFOs are not here for fun!...Damage being caused by Government UFO secrecy, denial & non disclosure is a real threat to the entire planet, & is no longer a matter of debate. The evidence is all around us. Clear evidence of a phenomenon of importance on a planetary scale.

And here is where the plasma space fauna is so important. The constructed space craft that you reference are also using plasma. The ever present life forms you mock use the same operating principles as the UFO craft. Our planets future depends on understanding how these kindred & often mistaken phenomenon access this energy for propulsion.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by johnmhinds

Maybe he believes that the ETs, such as the LGM, are bacteria another type of creatures that are expelled when the alive creature comes down to hunker on the Earth--you know, like the bears do in the woods?

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Harry Challenger

Actually, I think these plasma life forms are a great deal more than fuzzy bunnies floating around in the sky. I think you are missing the point, BIG TIME.

What the scientific evidence supports is the concept that there could be plasma life forms. Plasma is the most abundant state of matter in the known universe. A plasma life form that has probably been around long before our carbon life forms ever came into existence would be far more evolved than planet based life forms. These plasma life forms might even be capable of living within the plasma surrounding stars. They would be the true masters of the universe.

If we really have all these aliens in metal ships cruising around our planet all the time, why haven't they taken over yet? What is stopping them?

Perhaps the true over lords!

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
If you actually do some serious reading on the topic of UFOs, you come to realize that the reports that can even remotely be attributed to any kind of plasma or electrical phemomenon are nowhere near the most interesting.

There are veritable LOADS of well-documented cases out there in which you have multiple witnesses describing things that essentially fit one of a few well-defined patterns. One of the most common is a metallic, disc-shaped object, usually some tens of meters in diameter, flying low to the ground, maybe a couple hundred feet up, sometimes rooftop level or even lower. People report that these things cruise along, sometimes stop and hover, sometimes zip around at fantastic speeds, stopping and going on a dime with little or no acceleration/deceleration, making 90 degree turns without slowing down, etc.

Other maneuvers described include what's commonly known as a "dead leaf" motion in which the disc glides back and forth, losing a little altitude with each pass, like a leaf falling to the ground. This motion has also been described as looking "like a plate falling through water."

Frequently people say that the discs seem to wobble slightly while cruising or hovering, and sometimes that they appear to follow the contours of a hilly landscape when they fly over it.

Most of the time, all of these maneuvers occur in complete silence.

These objects, described as displaying these same detailed characteristics, have been reported by thousands of people in all parts of the world since the mid- to late-1940's. Most of these people don't just go home and tell their spouses and neighbors; they often take the time to contact the police - sometimes even the military - and, in all seriousness, file an official report.

A few logical assumptions can follow from the mere existence of these reports. First of all, the vast majority of the people who make these official reports must have seen something that they sincerely felt should be brought to the attention of the authorities. How many of you have taken the time to drive to the local police station on a whim to file a phony report about anything? By all accounts, people who report UFO's are not, on the whole, any different from any other randomly selected group of people; they are not, in other words, "attention seekers" or "kooks."

Secondly, I have to believe - simply by the law of averages - that at least some of these people, despite the fact that human perception is not perfect, are accurately describing what they saw. In other words, an object like the ones described above was actually there to be seen, looking and behaving pretty much like they said it did.

Any reasonable person, then, can logically conclude that what is being described is some kind of advanced technology, an object purposely constructed by somebody. If the descriptions are accurate - and at least some of them must be - then what else could it be?

It could it be some super-advanced, human made, experimental military thing But if they are man-made, there are a few assumptions that logically follow, none of which really make sense.

1. Some group or government had this technology (which at times seems to violate known physical laws) perfected more than 60 years ago, yet it has never been acknowledged, nor has it been brandished in any war.

2. Whoever has this technology is not secretly testing it, as is typically done with experimental aircraft, but is rather boldly displaying it from time to time in broad daylight before civilians for some unknown reason.

3. Governments, notably that of the US, have spend billions of dollars since the mid-20th Century on "state of the art" military aircraft (eg. the U-2, SR-71, stealth aircraft, etc.) that, even before they were designed, were essentially obsolete.

If these UFO's, which undoubtedly do exist, are man-made, then the three statements above are true. Something to think about.

Get off YouTube. Read about UfO's.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Although I wouldn't say that most UFOs are plasma life forms (and one of the reasons is that I do not have any real evidence that plasma life forms really exist), I think that some kind of plasma event may be responsible for some UFO sightings.

And, unlike in other cases, for this I have a video to back up my opinion, from STS-80.

(click to open player in new window)

The sphere that enters the screen at the bottom right corner, goes directly to Earth, it looks like it becomes squashed by some force against a denser atmosphere layer, and stays in that point, over a lighting storm.

To me, this is the best example of what could be a plasma sphere, living or not.

I also think that some UFO sightings may be living creatures (plasma or otherwise) that are not yet known by science.

PS: sorry for being late to this thread, but I think it's better late than never.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Orkojoker

The thing is, these plasma (whatever that is) like ufo orbs are connected to those other mothership type vehicles up there. Here's one I saw a couple of years ago

www.dailymotion.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Orkojoker

Most of what I read describe the UFOs as glowing orbs. There are many NASA videos on this site that show these glowing orbs in space, moving in a mmer that suggests that they are going where they want to go, that the movement is controlled by what ever.

Most of the reports you here from pilots, especially all the foo fighter reports, which I find to be the most credible, describe glowing orbs. This is why I have started to think that most of these reports are of some sort of plasma life form.

If you follow the links I have provided on this thread, you will see that there is quite a bit of evidence that plasma life forms might exist. In fact it seems that we have more evidence that plasma life forms exist than we do black holes, and a whole lot of other stuff that people choose to believe as fact.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I think have seen that video before. It is a nice video to watch. I guess that is what lighting looks like from outerspace. There are quite a few NASA videos around this site that show similar little white dots moving around independently.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
My personal sighting more closely resembled a "plasma-type" object rather than a solid structural one. I am open to all possibilities

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

That is one of the reasons I would like to know for sure (to bad it's impossible to really know for sure something like that) what are those objects seen in the STS-75 video, because if all things are "put in the same bag" as things that may be small bright objects closer to the shuttle (and as you know, that is my opinion about that video) we may be (and judging from this STS-80 video, we are) loosing references to one or more different things.

That thing in the STS-80 video, whatever it may be, is obviously not a small object close to the shuttle, and with some calculations we can even know its size, although that is the only thing we can really know.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnmhindsand the other 0.1% are unexplained electrical phenomena like ball lightning.

So no, most UFO sightings are not "Plasma Life Forms".

Well I disagree with your percentages but you say " 0.1% are unexplained electrical phenomena like ball lightning"

In other words Plasma phenomena not explained

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
Interesting thread and, although many reports describe actual structured craft, the idea of some unidentified objects being strange new
life-forms doesn't sound too outlandish (to me anyway).

Well actually most reports, even some that are hoaxes, are talking about seeing orbs or balls of light, similar to the foo fighters of WWII

My take on it from my own cataloging over 30 years is that, (discounting the fakes) 80%ish fall into the 'critter' realm, while 15%ish are black ops craft in which I personally class ALL the triangles. It is my belief that the triangle is an Earth based design, which is borne up by the timing of the first triangle sightings. (this does not include any 'formation' of three lights, because any group of three lights will always form a triangle unless they are in a straight line)

5% in my opinion are true visitor craft... and that to me is borne up by reports from confidential insiders

It's funny to hear people use the term 'ball lightning' or 'unexplained electrical effects' because a plasma critter WOULD indeed appear to be and behave similar to ball lightning, but do weird things

IF they are CRITTERS

It would explain why we cannot get a clear picture of them because as a ball of energy there would be no solid surface to focus on... During the day they can become almost invisible simply because the sun is brighter. At night they would be glowing orbs. This glowing would be useless for a stealth craft

It would explain the reports of them being translucent...

It would explain reports of shap shifting... as being of plasma with no solid form this would be similar to an amoeba changing shape. It does NOT make sense for a solid craft to be a shape shifter.

It would explain their erratic behavior, seemingly just flitting around the skies with no purpose, either singly or in groups. Like amoebas in a pond, just swimming about. It makes no sense for Aliens to come millions of light years just to frolic around in our skies.

It would explain the speed and directional changes they make without the need for new laws of physics to protect the occupant, as an energy critter would not feel inertia anymore than a bolt of lightning would

It would explain why we cannot find any remains... (if they even die as we know it) being energy... and science telling us energy cannot be destroyed... there would be no solid matter for us to examine.

It would explain why they can be visible or hard to see, depending on their energy level.

It would explain why they are seen near power lines and stations, near thunderstorms and space tethers
Like moths to a flame they are drawn to high energy of plasma fields... perhaps to feed? That is unknown, but they do brighten when near a power source.

There are more but I never did collect all this in one place yet

continued...

[edit on 5-10-2009 by zorgon]

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join