It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Jersey - Flu Shot IS Mandatory, no shot no school

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
While this may not be news to those in NJ some may not be aware that
if you live in Jersey and your child does not have the shot, they cannot attend school until they get the shot

Required Immunizations for Day Care/Preschool and Sixth Grade

www.nj.gov...

Immunization Regulations

www.nj.gov...

For all those saying forced vaccinations will never happen, hows your pie now?

IMO, I think they've gone too far with this one

[edit on 28-9-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Yes for sure this is pushing it too far!
Something is bound to happen, people are just not going to do this!

I read this morning that more parents are NOT going to subject thier children to the vaccine than are!

This is not going to be pretty!

[edit on 28-9-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Where does it say that they are being forced to take the shot?

No shot no school, doesn't mean they have to take the shot. They can be home schooled or go to a private school and not have to take the shot.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by warrenb

Yes for sure this is pushing it too far!
Soemthing is bound to happen, people are just not going to do this!

I read this morning that more parents are NOT going to subject thier children to the vaccine than are!

This is not going to be pretty!

Yes, the states get their education money based on how many kids are in school. So, if the parents revolt in force, then the school will have no choice but to relax the requirement, or forfeit a bunch of their money!

I am sure there are legal exceptions, such as underlying medical conditions, where doctors can excuse the requirement, but for those parents that want to avoid it on a moral basis, I hope they get a lot of support from their peers! My kids are too young for school, but I would not be giving them this shot!

I have a friend who has H1N1 rightn now, as does her daughter, and their doctor did not prescribe any medicine beyond tylenol and plenty of fluids!

Even the doctors think these vaccines and anti-virals are stupid! They only serve to pad the pockets of Pharma, and in the best cases, they shorten the symptoms by a day or two! Big deal considering all the possible side-effects!

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Everyone at that school should boycott the vaccine. No children, no school, no job for the teachers.

I wouldnt be at all bothered if it werent for the fact that the vaccines they are using are very poorly tested if at all.

Although using children as guinea pigs may solve the overpopulation problem overnight. Every cloud has a silver lining etc.

Please read the above post with a hint of sarcasm and irony.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

For a lot people home schooling or private school is not a viable option... either because of the cost or the availability of the parents.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Wow uh some people cant afford to send their kids to Private School or/and Home School them. Both take time and money, in which todays economy makes that every hard.

and it did say Mandatory in the video

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Well my kids would be home schooled at that point.

Sorry New Jersey, ain't gonna happen!

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Correct me if wrong, but isn't New Jersey the second state to make this mandatory?
This could domino with more states passing this mandate.
It is time to rearrange all of the chairs for this ship is sinking!!

Namaste

ZM

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I sense a tipping point.

One step too far.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
We the American people are taking to much pushing, it is time to rise. But I dont think its gonna happen.

NJ start by eliminating Gov. Corzine in the next election and work on voting everyone new. Independents and Third Parties are the best but do what you can to get new people in power

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
This is such BS.

I can't believe they are taking it this far. I still have yet to understand what is so incredibly different about this flu than any other. My roommates cousin was just recently diagnosed with swine flu and him and his girlfriend were both over it in a week. They said it was just like having the regular flu.

I just don't get why these vaccines are being made mandatory. That is what makes this all seem so fishy to me.

To not allow kids to go to school is ridiculous. They have trapped people in a corner. It may not technically being FORCING them to give their kids the vaccine, but they are essentially leaving them absolutely no choice.

Most families have both parents working so homeschooling isn't an option. Private schooling is most likely out because it costs money and whose to say that the private schools aren't going to have the same stipulation?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
reply to post by jd140

For a lot people home schooling or private school is not a viable option... either because of the cost or the availability of the parents.

There are always more then 1 option.

Like I stated before, I didn't hear or see anything that hinted at forced vaccinations.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I knew it would eventually come to my state but I can tell you now this will not stand for long, it's going to get ugly.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by KonigKaos

Yes it said mandatory to attend public schools.

Don't attend public schools and.............forget it, I refuse to argue with a brick wall.

OH MY GOD WE ARE BEING VACCINATED AGAINST OUR WILL !!!!! RRRRRRRUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I cannot find anything on the State of New Jersey Health and Senior Services Website to substantiate this.

Matter of fact, I'm finding quite the opposite.

Required Immunizations

Questions and Answers on Immunization Regulations Pertaining to Children Attending School / Higher Education 2009-2010 [PDF]

Q: Will H1N1 vaccine be required for school attendance?
A: The Department will not require the receipt of the H1N1 Novel Influenza vaccine to meet the influenza mandate however, once the vaccine becomes available all high risk individuals (see CDC website link above for more information) are recommended to receive it.

In addition, the State of New Jersey’s immunization regulations provide for medical and religious exemptions. Objections to vaccination that are of a philosophical, moral, secular or of a more general nature are not acceptable.

If someone has any evidence to the contrary, please share it as it appears this news report is contradictory to what the State of New Jersey Health Department is declaring.

[edit on 28-9-2009 by fraterormus]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

www.state.nj.us...

www.nytimes.com...

New Jersey, the first state in the nation to require flu shots for young schoolchildren, set a Dec. 31 deadline for parents to obtain flu vaccinations for their children. It was part of a new policy requiring a total of four additional immunizations for schoolchildren over the objections of some parents who worry about possible risks from vaccinations.

The requirement applies to children between 6 months and 5 years who are attending licensed day care and preschool programs. State public health experts said that flu shots for young children are important for overall public health.

“The New Jersey Department of Health opposes philosophical exemptions only because influenza can cause destructive and serious illness among children,” Dr. Tan said.

Dr. Tolan said that vaccines are a matter of public health.

“If you don’t vaccinate your child, you’re putting my child at risk,” he said.

[edit on 28-9-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Vaccinations are not mandatory in the US, that is the truth, just because the media and some news are telling otherwise doesn't mean is truth.

Is no law that states that any vaccine is mandatory at all.

Is plenty for ways to avoid vaccinations of any kind that school systems or work related jobs mandates..

Just need to find the right forms.

Don't get caught up in the hype!!!!!!!! for goodness sake.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
As someone who works in a middle school, I am very concerned over this. How long until it happens here? How long until they pose the choice-vaccine or job-on me and others that work in this environment?

I can tell you that given that ultimatum, I will be standing out in front with picket signs and a blow horn....

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

“If you don’t vaccinate your child, you’re putting my child at risk,” he said.

I don't understand this reasoning. If one child is vaccinated, isn't it immune to the virus?

Why is the child at risk by children that aren't immune?

What is the point of the vaccination then?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join