It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's the nice little details that make life interesting.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Hehehehe, I had one shock today. I have four friends right, there's a Chinese girl, an Indian girl, a black guy who always wears a jumper with a pink shirt underneath and myself: a white guy that always wears a checked shirt and vest with massive sideburns and a mullet. I was crossing the Thames today (by bridge of course) and what did I see? 4 people: A chinese girl, an Indian girl, a black guy in a jumper and a pink shirt and a white bloke wearing a checked shirt and a vest with massive sideburns and a whop of mullet! At first I was confused and worried that I might have been in some parallel universe but now I think it was great!

Isn't it funny how these little things just happen like that? Has anyone else got any stories like mine or otherwise? If so I'd love to hear them!

Ramadwarf on the wonders of it all

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ramadwarf Philes

How odd indeed! That's almost beyond coincidence. I would have thought I was in an alternate universe, too.

Once, while I was on a business trip, a woman walked up to me, extended her hand, and said "Hi, I'm so and so". Her name was my exact name, (first and last) which is not a common name. Then we compared middle names, and it too was the same except for one letter was different. Then we really got into asking one another questions, and the other thing was our birthdays were the same except for the year. We lived in different states.

It was so odd. We couldn't stop giggling.

But I'm glad you shared this. It's downright weird! (Did you giggle?)

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I have a similar story - Once quite a while ago I was on a business trip, waiting in the lobby of a New Orleans hotel for an business associate I had never seen - We had exchanged a few phone calls and emails, but I had no idea what she looked like.

Anyway, I was waiting at the appointed time and place, and a stunning brunette woman walks up and calls my name. I responded and asked her name, and she gave the name of the woman I was waiting for. Then there was this odd silence between us, and we simultaneously asked for each other's last name, which didn't match the ones we were both expecting, so we laughed a bit and continued our wait for the people we were supposed to meet. The woman in front of me had a rather different accent than the voice I was used to hearing on the phone, and I gather the same was true for her as well - She was expecting a man with a different vocal tone.

The idea that four people, two men and two women, who had never met before, would:
A. Be meeting at the same hotel at the same time;
B. And that both of the men would have the same first names;
C. And that both of the women would have the same first names;

This still boggles my mind when I think about it. Synchronicity, of a sort.

iI

[edit on 9/28/2009 by isolatedIncident]

[edit on 9/28/2009 by isolatedIncident]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Oh wow that's really odd! Finding someone with the exact same and the same date of birth- it's just wow! I'm really pleased with that; and the fact that you too would feel you had gone to some alternate reality!
Hearing stories like these is just brilliant, but when you actually experience it it's just mind blowing.
And when (if) you told people about it, did they believe you? I mean people on here will, and I certainly do, but I told my friend- who in the story is the other bloke- and his response was 'Right, sure, you saw four people identical to us. Of course you did. Anyway...' and then he changed the subject. I suppose unless you're open to these things- either from personal experience or just open-ness- it'll seem a bit far fetched. I don't know hehehe.

Ramadwarf on Ladyinwaiting's fascinating story

Oh by the way: when it happened I sort of, uh, how can I describe it? you know how when you laugh but you breathe in and you get that high pitched squeak? I did that, but then, once they were gone, I just laughed in amazement. I'm giggling about it now that the shock is gone though

[edit on 29-9-2009 by Ramadwarf Philes]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by isolatedIncident

That's strange! Coincidences like these, well, sometimes the only way they could possibly happen is if they'd been planned by someone; but they're just not (we hope
) and that's what's so weird! But for something like what you described, well that's just so insane! You couldn't make these things up, could you? Brill! Thanks for that isolatedIncident! Really weird but great stuff!

Ramadwarf on being amazed

new topics

top topics

join