It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama To Denmark: Plans Emergency Trip To Copenhagen To Pitch Chicago Olympics

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
you guys kill me
having the olympics generates tons of revenue for teh city, and teh country in which they are held.
and it bring worldwide attention to America, and we can show teh wordl what real sports looks like.
Obama 08!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Maybe he wants to make an impact, you know... like Hitler at the Berlin Games in 1936?

Either way, it’s not really a job for the President to be flying around the world to get the Olympics or writing letters to the IOC saying “Oh please give it to us, we’ll make it spectacular”. Not only that, the Olympics hardly makes profit, yes in brings in tourism, but the cost put into having the Olympics usually far outweighs anything the city makes from it.

That’s not the Presidents job. That's what the USOC is for!

On the Olympics, really, Rio should get the 2016 games, no country in South America has hosted yet.

Mikey

[edit on 28/9/2009 by Mikey84]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
This is starting to get comical really. I dont think he knows what he is going to do next week. Thats sounds like a statement I could have used for Bush.

Barrack Hussein Obama MMM MMM MMM, I am 30 years old and I have had that tune in my head all day!

Wouldnt it be perfect if people could cast votes on the .gov websites. On every little matter. Let people vote on if campaigning to host the olympics is in the USA's best interest.

Instead of letting 300 politicians vote on our HC...(Politicians that will have a completely seperate HC) How about we vote on it? This is a union after all isnt it?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
The Olympic Committee could very well reject his bid based on the fact that he is there to pitch the bid.

I agree...award it to South America...

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by STFUPPERCUTTER
you guys kill me
having the olympics generates tons of revenue for teh city, and teh country in which they are held.
and it bring worldwide attention to America, and we can show teh wordl what real sports looks like.
Obama 08!!!!!!!!

sorry but I wanted to point out how stupid you are.

Obama was brought into office in 09.

You can't spell the word 'the'.

How was government run education for you?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by STFUPPERCUTTER

Actually, if you read the information at the start of this thread, you will see that more often than not the hosting city/state ends up in debt for many, many years after the events are long gone.

Not to mention all of the funds that are being spent during the bidding process, renovating the stadium/events locales, security, etc.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
There are a lot of Service and Labor Contracts at stake for the Chicagoland Cronies that gave birth to Obama. These are the only people that will make any money off of this deal. The Obamas have a lot of people to pay back.

You hit the nail on the head with those comments, and you are right, he has debts to pay. It's the land of political assassinations, stuffed ballot boxes, dead voters, cash filled envelops, nepotism, and on and on. You name one derogatory thing about politics and it has a home in Chicago and Illinois in general. What you just mentioned is how Chicago politics work. He is on his way to Copenhagen as favor for Mayor Daley who was most assuredly behind Obama's rise. He is the king of the Chicago machine and almost like a de-facto governor of the state. The man has a lot of weight.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Well, the President is almost ready to land for his 4 hour sales
presentation to the International Olympic Committee. And then
its right back on the jet and back to Washington. I can't think of
many past Presidents who could hum along at this guy's energy
level for weeks on end.

The turnout and fan adulation that Oprah got in Copenhagen was
pretty mind boggling. I didn't know that her broadcast daily in
over 120 countries. No wonder the Olympic officials called her the
"queen of television".

I live a few miles outside of Chicago city limits. And to tell you the
truth, I have mixed feelings about Chicago hosting the Olympics in
2016. The traffic tie-ups due to the construction will be horrendous.
But on the other hand, the city may take down the "red light" cameras
that send out traffic tickets, to keep from angering visiting VIP's the next
7 years. I got a $100 ticket in the mail last week and I'm hoping for a
miracle to avoid having to pay it. A city busying for the Olympics won't
devote resources to coming after me! (fingers crossed).
-cwm

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by carewemust

The turnout and fan adulation that Oprah got in Copenhagen was
pretty mind boggling. I didn't know that her broadcast daily in
over 120 countries. No wonder the Olympic officials called her the
"queen of television".

It’s kinda scary the way some people worship her (much like they worship Obama)

Thankfully, most people think she’s an idiot.

I mean just look at the people in her audiences, you can clearly see her fans are not to be taken seriously.

Mikey

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
More smoke and mirrors from the puppet president. More running around doing meaningless crap to make stupid, star struck people believe he is actually doing something worthwhile.

Perhaps he still has a lot of debts to pay to those gangsters in the most politically corrupt city in America, (Chicago).

This guy is a complete joke! It's almost surreal!

IRM

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
What I would like to know is how much of a kickback is Barak Obama, Michelle Obama and Valerie Jarette will be getting if they get this.
I think that if he continues this kind of behavior, it may be time for the people of the US to get out the petitions and have him removed from office, as well as, to remind the politicians that they are the employees of the people of the United States of America. I thought that the first lady's comment about it being a sacrifice. It was arrogent and vain. And I also object to the spending of over a million dollars for them to fly to Copenhagen Denmark so they can get the Olympics for the city of Chicago, where people there are divided as to wanting it or not. With all of the issues that are facing the nation, the Health Care debate, Iran, Iraq, Afganistan, and the economy, and other things going on, the Olympics is a luxury that the country can not afford. Yes that is right, the country can not afford, cause who do you think is going to foot the bill for this lill sporting event. According to the mayor of Chicago, it is not going to be Chicago, so that means the rest of the country will be footing the bill to pay for the renovations and clean up of the city. Care to guess who is going to really scream? Those in the area that are slated to be torn down to make way for the Olympic Village. If they do get it, and follow through with such, I may have to encourage alot of people to show up and protest the Olympics being held, peaceful protest with alot of signs in different languages.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Chicago has been eliminated as a host city in 2016. I just saw it on SI.com

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Well, once again an enormous amount of wasted money.

CNN is reporting that Chicago has been eliminated. If this was any test of Obama's power to woo the world....we are all in serious trouble.

www.cnn.com
Live Breaking News Alert

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I'm just glad he has his priorities straight. We're in the midst of an economic crisis, we have two ongoing wars (one where he needs to make a decision NOW) and he's off spending millions of dollars lobbying for a sporting event for his home city. Nice work, Barack. Way to look out for the best interests of all Americans.

I wonder who owns the real estate that the new Olympic facilities would've been built on? Certainly not any of his advisors or major campaign donors, I'm sure

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Obama's powers of persuasion are clearly waning within the international community. Too bad Too sad. Chicago will get over it although I'm not sure if Obama's Chicago cronies will. There was a lot of money at stake for these people. Now, they will start to slowly turn on Obama
because they did not get what they wanted.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by pyrytyes
The Olympic Committee could very well reject his bid based on the fact that he is there to pitch the bid.

Putin has done it before Obama and won the bid.
So presidential visits apparently work.

As to others on this thread: you sound like "damn the country, Obama must fail". Since when have Olympics become a bad thing? I guess you don't care.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
lol, loved that Chicago was knocked out straight away. Hope this puts Obama in his place somewhat.

I’m hoping for Rio to win.

Mikey

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mikey84
lol, loved that Chicago was knocked out straight away. Hope this puts Obama in his place somewhat.

As I said, you sound like "damn the country, Obama must fail"

Oh well.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by pyrytyes

As to others on this thread: you sound like "damn the country, Obama must fail". Since when have Olympics become a bad thing? I guess you don't care.

No we just know that we cannot afford to host the Olympics. It takes hundreds of millions if not billions to prepare and then you have to hire personnel to work and for what, a short economic boost?

you sound lilke "damn the country, spend all the money in an irresponsible way."

[edit on 2-10-2009 by jd140]

[edit on 2-10-2009 by jd140]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by Mikey84

As I said, you sound like "damn the country, Obama must fail"

Oh well.

I couldn’t really care if Obama fails or not, he aint my President.

I’m glad Chicago didn’t get it because the Obama’s and Oprah went to Copenhagen with such a smug attitude that they want it, they can get it and nothing is going to stop them.

I love that not only did they not get it, but they didn’t even come close, knocked out in the first round.

Not to mention, looking at the cities waiting for the bid, Chicago had a couple of hundred people who didn’t seem bothered and many in the city didn't actually want it, while Rio and Madrid had thousands wanting it and billions ready to put into it, and you could see they clearly wanted it for the games, not for the “Because I’m Obama” factor.

Mikey

[edit on 2/10/2009 by Mikey84]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join