It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time is Accelerating

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Time is Accelerating

www.avantnews.com

A new study by the Society of Unaffiliated Local Chronographers (SULC), an international union of scientists who are paid by the hour to study time, find that many of these seeming inconsistencies can be explained by the fact that time itself is accelerating at an alarming and increasing rate.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I beg the differ on the Tiktoch time inflation theory. Instead of the universe contracting from the Big Bang, it is expanding, and others would agree. I believe as the Universe expands we become smaller and smaller in comparison, leading to time going faster and faster. If we were larger in relativity to the Universe, time would slow and things would take longer. But we are smaller so things speed up in comparison. But maybe I am wrong.

Because of the inflation of time, Western life spans today, which when measured in years are significantly longer than they were a mere hundred years ago, are actually much shorter.

"You clock a larger number of years, but each year contains approximately 46% less time than it did a century ago," said Dr. Tiktoch. "From that perspective, a man who dies at the age of ninety has actually lived roughly 10% less than someone who died at the age of forty in the year 1910."

According to Dr. Tiktoch, "the only antidote to time inflation is, I'm afraid, misery. It's not much fun, but it does slow things down."

Question:
Does this mean through the will of our consciousness, and control of our thoughts, we can either bring great prosperity into or lives or great distress based on this concept. Is this an awareness that media has manipulating us with news of disorder and chaos to bring it upon us faster and faster?

So when you see standing in the holy place 'the abomination that causes desolation,' spoken of through the prophet Daniel - … For then there will be great distress [tribulation], unequaled from the beginning of the world until now - and never to be equaled again. If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened (Matthew 24:15, 21-22).

www.avantnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-9-2009 by spacemanLive]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by spacemanLive

The following is a nice series of videos to watch which discusses the acceleration of time and the link between the Mayans Calander and 2012.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Ehm. "Doctor Tiktoch" ( Tic tac, time is ticking ) didn't set you off thinking this is meant to be a joke on the part of the writers? SULC (Sulking), Using elderly as an example that time is speading up, the date on the top? (London, November 29, 2010)

It's a joke, a funny one but it's nothing more.

And i'm of the belief that time could be speading up but that is besides the point. Thanks for the laugh though

[edit on 28-9-2009 by Harman]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This is a joke site right? Similar to The Onion?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
This is another fun piece of 'news' on the same site

Somali Pirates Hijack International Space Station
www.avantnews.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Damn, someone beat me to it

Yes, this is definitely a joke, not sure why the "Dr Tiktoch" reference didn't twig some people's spidey senses but hey...........

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
God who would get taken in by this 45% less time per year for godsake

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by On the level

The remark about the time scientists that get paid by the hour was what tipped me off.

Researchers paid by the hour to study time say time is accelerating. First thing I thought: Good for their paychecks!

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I was tipped off by the paid by the hour comment. Then I read the original article and had a good laught.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I have a theory about this, though it never grew much feet.

The perception of time " speeding up" ... may in fact mean the opposite all together.

If you view time as its own dimension..... and we the observers, moving through it. If time were to slow down, we would continue through it at the same speed. Creating the illusion that time is speeding up.

An easier way, is to view time as a river, or as waves. both time and the observer traveling on the same path at independant speeds. If the river slows down, ... we would be traveling " faster" ... through it.

So I beleive, in fact, ... time is slowing down.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I don't even know how one would measure a change in the rate of the passing of time, unless the claim is that time is moving faster in one part of the universe relative to another. If time all over the universe was accelerating, how would we know since any aspect of the universe for which we would measure the rate of change would be changing relative to every other part.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I think the OP needs to verify that he understands this is not a real study, as mentioned, and standing out like a sore thumb, is the Doctor's name and secondly the article you link to starts "London, November 29, 2010"

I'm sure you can have a indepth discussion on time and relativity but clarify your take on what you seem to be treating as a genuine article?

[edit on 28-9-2009 by Koka]

new topics

top topics

join