It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cross, the Flag and American Idolatry

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

Originally posted by Witness2008
reply to post by mamabeth

Your bible does not belong in the halls of congress, the Oval office or any other office that sees to the rights of the atheists, Muslims, or Buddhists that also call America their home.

Fly your flag where ever your heart pleases...I don't see anyone other than these crazy, frightened conservatives trying to change that.

Our little democracy has of late been showing signs of true progression and I'm very excited to see how far we can go.

One of these days you will know the truth!I hope you learn the truth before
it is too late.You take God and the Bible out of our country,we will fall.
Who do you think allowed all these politicians to be in power,the people?
No,It was God who allowed it!Proverbs 16:33,"The lot is cast into the lap;
but the whole disposing thereof is of the Lord".

god allowed it???? i didn't know mythical beings spoke to you.

i don't answer to any god or bible. you are a simple slave to a mythical being, reading from a book written by men from 1900 years ago. and what does that vague, undefined, irrational, "proverb" have to do with what is being discussed? what arrogance you have in thinking you know the truth. by the way...you might want to go to a jesuit college and learn about the female pope, the religious slaughter of women, the missing chapters of the bible, the dark ages where millions were murdered for simply not believing in god, that went on for hundreds of years. your a pathetic, fear-mongering person

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
In 1892,The U.S. Supreme court made this ruling in a case.(Church of
The Holy Trinity VSThe United States)
"No purpose of action against religion can be imputed to any legislation,
state or national,because this is a religious people.This is a Christian
nation."

this ruling was about a labor contract:

en.wikipedia.org...

you have misinterpeted the ruling.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by djusdjus

There are many truths to this article, but as plain as those truths are so is the partisan context it is written in.

Surely there are attributes of the right wing that are easily comparable to the third reich of hitlers germany. But to generalize all conservatives or the entire right as such is just as foolish as saying all leftists are athiests (which is what some believe in the right), which of course is undoubtedly false.

And therefore, this is the perfect forum for this thread.

Also to note, I fear the people in this thread are confusing patriotism with nationalism. There is a distinct difference between the two. One has entirely to do with divisive lines (us vs. them), hollow symbols and political rhetoric. The other is based on historical symbology and the idea a nation is only made of one thing: People. People with a unified vision of certain inalenable rights and the right to protect them. And these rights have zero to do with government, religion, race or other categorical differences.

It is a shared hope by some of us that the people of each individual nation may one day understand this difference, and cast out the one that has no value.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join