It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Earth climate change 3D map unveiled

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Google Earth climate change 3D map unveiled

www.smh.com.au

Google is using its Google Earth mapping tool to simulate on a 3D map of the world the predicted effects of climate change until the year 2100.

Using data provided by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, the search giant created new layers for Google Earth showing the range of expected temperature and precipitation changes under different global emissions scenarios that could occur throughout the century.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   

The new tools were introduced in partnership with the Danish Government ahead of the United Nations Climate Change Convention in December.

Known as the COP15, the meeting in Copenhagen is shaping up as the critical venue for forging a global deal to reduce carbon emissions.

Users can view the effects of climate change on their own country either by installing a plug-in into Google Earth or via a special web page. Initially only temperature and precipitation changes can be viewed but Google plans to add several new layers and videos in the coming weeks.

In a video tour introducing the new Google tools, climate change activist Al Gore showed some of these upcoming layers, which will let users view the ongoing effects of sea-level rises, polar ice-sheet melting and water shortages.

So, it seems that despite the many highly regarded scientists that are screaming that the IPCC is wrong, they have partnered up with Google in order to sell this bollocks to the sheeple in a way they think we can understand.

I could understand if they were providing just a 'climate change' model to show how Earth's natural climate cycles will effect us in the next 100 years, but this is ridiculous. The only people having a say in what goes into this climate model are the IPCC who are quite obviously biased and have an agenda.

www.smh.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[mod edit: clipped quoted content]
Mod Edit: Quoting External Sources – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 28-9-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
This is so frustrating. It is starting to come more into the MSM (in Australia) that important people are disputing Climate Change and are starting to argue about these Carbon Caps, but everybody loves Google and they will be using these Google simulations to prove there point.

Im still saving for my solar panels

[edit on 28/9/2009 by wycky]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by wycky

Exactly. The use of Google in this instance is an obvious attempt to sell this bollocks to sheeple who haven't decided yet, or are clueless. It is a downright dirty tactic being employed.

I am in the process of designing my own wind generator. I also have a good mate who is an inventor who reckons he's invented a new way of creating electricity so we are gunna test that this week (although last time he claimed something like this I ended up nearly blowing myself to kingdom come when I turned it on but hey, I can always hope hehe).

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

That's awesome, good to hear (not the blowing up part) my friend and I just built and HHO (Oxyhydrogen) Cell for my car, we should be testing is this weekend and hopefully install in 2 weeks time, i can't wait

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
This is stupid... it is complete speculation. As an earlie poster said - many scientists are saying the IPCC is wrong. Could this just be for publicity or are they trying to push something else?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
It's simply because they know that Google can reach a far wider audience than they could ever hope to achieve (the IPCC that is) in order to spread their lies.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I used to buy into the Global Warming stuff, because of my pro-environment views, but it's clear to me now that it's just a global threat to justify a global government.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
you are all getting it the wrong way round, climate change is happening, governments are just taking the situation in their favour by imposing taxes and whatever else.

Its the exact same thing as buying war bonds or paying extra taxes to fund the space program.

Nations don't want to appear slow and off the ball when it comes to such situations. They just impose these things so they can calm the people down perhaps and to make it appear they are pro-active to the rest of the world.

Google in this case has conferred with some intelligent minds on the subject of climate change, maybe you should too before slamming it in a huff. No one cares for an uneducated or uninformed opinion, at least not in the real world.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by funny_pom

Correct you are. CLIMATE CHANGE itself as a NATURAL PHEMOMENON is occurring. It is a natural transition of climate that the Earth experiences every few thousand years or so.

But this topic is about Google Earth supporting and advocating the IPCC version of climate change (which started as Global Warming until they realised that could not be substantiated) to their own audience, widening by a long measure, the amount of people exposed to these lies.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by wycky
reply to post by Kryties

That's awesome, good to hear (not the blowing up part) my friend and I just built and HHO (Oxyhydrogen) Cell for my car, we should be testing is this weekend and hopefully install in 2 weeks time, i can't wait

Video detailing it and showing it working? I'd be interested to see if this works.

new topics

top topics

join