It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many disorders do YOU have?!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I know I have ATSAPSD. ATS Addictive Personality Disorder. It is associated with one who spends an uncontrollable vast amount of time on ATS, sometimes forgoing meals and sleep. I have not sought treatment yet, which means I must have GFPD (Glutton for punishment disorder), because attempting to function on no sleep and no food is most certainly punishment.

But on a more serious note.... I have no diagnosed disorders (seriously), but I'm sure some could point some out in me. And if you do, you will just have to deal with my disorder, because I refuse to go on meds to mask said disorder. As far as I know, nobody in my family has been diagnosed with anything.

I think many "disorders" are actually normal behaviors - and they have just attached a name to it, to sell drugs. Sure some people have actual disorders, but I think there are way too many over-diagnosis going on, just because.

[edit on September 29th 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Exactly. I believe that to be the main problem in America today. Instead of people dealing with their problems, they know that going to the dr. will give them a magic pill that makes everything seem better. And it is abused just as much as Doctors over diagnose.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join