It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA's Apollo DSE "Black Box" Transcripts - revealing the unscripted truth about the Moon & E.T.

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Apollo 12 Flight Journal - Day 5: Yankee Clipper Rev 14 to 24

110:54:11 Carr: Okay, Dick. You're about a minute from LOS. We're satisfied with your surge tank pressures. You - we'll take a little - look in a little while at your S-band - next time you come around the horn. We'll be expecting to see you at 111:40 Over.

110:54:28 Gordon: Roger. 111:40.

Public Affairs Office - "A bolter is an aircraft landing on a carrier that misses the arresting wire and has to go around again. Unofficial touchdown time of Intrepid, 110 hours, 32 minutes, 29 seconds. This was the time the blue touchdown light - lunar contact light - in the LM cabin came on and from first indications, the landing point is about 350 meters due West of where Surveyor is located in the East wall of the crater. 350 meters computes out to about 1,120 feet. We've had Loss Of Signal with Yankee Clipper as it went behind the Moon - around the corner. We'll continue to monitor Air To Ground for further communications with Intrepid."

Public Affairs Office - "This is Apollo Control. The crew of Intrepid are rather quiet at this time, doing some alignments of the Intrepid's inertial measuring unit, taking sitings on stars, other activities associated with powering down the LM, but we'll leave the circuit up in spite of the lack of conversation to catch any discussions that take place between Intrepid and the ground. Some 29 minutes until Yankee Clipper comes over the hill again. This is Apollo Control standing by on live air-ground."

Public Affairs Office - "This is Apollo Control. Lunar Module systems engineer reported to Flight Director, Cliff Charlesworth that at the time of touchdown, some 3.8 percent of descent propellants were still aboard at shutdown. Still standing by on air ground for resumption of communications between Intrepid and Mission Control. 22 minutes, 23 seconds until acquisition by Yankee Clipper."

[Rev 15. Flight Plan page 3-88]

111:44:01 Carr: Yankee Clipper, Houston. How do you read?

111:44:16 Gordon: Hello, Houston; Yankee Clipper here.

111:44:18 Carr: Roger, Clipper. Reading you weak but clear.

111:44:24 Carr: Clipper, if you'll give us P00 and Accept; we'll start your update. [Long pause.]

Apollo Flight Journal
www.hq.nasa.gov...

in the Technical Air-To-Ground Voice Transcription

AS12_TEC.PDF
history.nasa.gov...

on page 358 : @ 04-14-54-11 it's the same conversation in the Flight Journal that say's

"next time you come around the horn. We'll be expecting to see you at 111:40 Over.

110:54:28 Gordon: Roger. 111:40."

but in the Flight Journal the conversation stops there and the Public Affairs Office say's...

"The crew of Intrepid are rather quiet at this time"

"Still standing by on air ground for resumption of communications between Intrepid and Mission Control.

but in the Technical Air-To-Ground Voice Transcription on page 358 you can see the conversation does not end there and the Astronauts are not "rather quiet at this time".

the conversation continues and @ 04-15-44-01 (page 363) you can see where the conversation starts again according to the Flight Journal transcript

none of this is in the On-board Voice Transcription.

www.jsc.nasa.gov...

This Apollo 12 Mp3 audio clip is “supposed” to be a recording of a continuous live transmission, starting at MET 110:58:04, and is 45 minutes and 51 seconds in duration. If you fast-forward to 12 minutes you will hear Public Affairs Officer (PAO) say "the crew of intrepid are rather quiet at this time"

Same Apollo 12 Audio clip on ATS Media Player

that is obviously not true because i just showed you above that the conversations did continue

And at 13:18, the PAO mentions that it is “some 29 minutes until Yankee Clipper comes over the hill again” (Yankee Clipper is the Apollo 12 CSM that is in orbit above the Moon while Astronauts Conrad and Bean were down on the surface in the LM Intrepid). The PAO then ends by saying how “Apollo Control are standing by on LIVE air-ground”, confirming that the audio is a live transmission.

Here is where it gets interesting. There is more dead air until three minutes later, when at 16 minutes 15 seconds on the MP3, you hear a weird audio tone - or set of tones actually- that sound briefly then fade off, followed by the PAO announcer coming back on the air and repeating his exact same statement that he supposedly said live three minutes earlier. The PAO is not repeating it live, but rather it is the EXACT same Public Affairs Officer statement recorded and spliced back in! This spliced tape PAO dialogue even mentions that there is “some 29 minutes until Yankee Clipper comes over the hill”, and that “Apollo Control are standing by on LIVE air-ground” again!

[edit on 25-10-2009 by easynow]

[edit on 25-10-2009 by easynow]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

So, what is your interpretation of that?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

So, what is your interpretation of that?

is that a trick question ?

i don't have a interpretation or opinion on it yet because it's an ongoing investigation and we need more information.

what did you think about the audio clip ? strange no ?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Apollo 16 - Astronaut sees a flash on the lunar surface, but he doesn't want it to get out that he has.... *Note the time skip prior to this

Apollo 16 - Apollo astronauts (and trained observers) see snow on the surface of the moon.... again.

No it is not snow... It just looks exactly like it.

[edit on 26-10-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
Apollo 16 - Astronaut sees a flash on the lunar surface, but he doesn't want it to get out that he has.... *Note the time skip prior to this
And this time the Technical Air-To-Ground Transcript doesn't help.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

nice find Exuberant1

Apollo 12 video that shows a flash supposedly occurring inside a crater
www.youtube.com...

funny you mentioned the "snow" because i have read in a few of these transcripts where they were describing clouds and they go on to say they are not clouds but look like them. i will have to look for that again.

here's an interesting quote from Apollo 17

the Astronauts are told to keep an eye out for some big "boulders" on their way to station #1

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/72556f94ed40.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c75fe5266cb6.png[/atsimg]

they left out this part in the transcripts...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f8947fbc514b.png[/atsimg]

here is the actual transcript
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d68a8ce6c13c.png[/atsimg]

page 827
history.nasa.gov...

you can hear Jack Schmitt actually say it in this video just after the 4:00 minute mark

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
also wanted to add this from Apollo 17

they had a Bomb to blow something up

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d2369c605bdc.png[/atsimg]

NASA sure does like Bombing the Moon for some reason ?

page 826 and 818
history.nasa.gov...

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
they had a Bomb to blow something up
I don't think so, at least if it was me I would not be happy with a bomb between my feet.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

what do you mean you don't think so ?

you don't think it's a Bomb or you don't think you would like it between your feet ?

on page 818 it clearly describes a Bomb of somekind..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0e0e978b8b73.png[/atsimg]

[edit on 26-10-2009 by easynow]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

I believe they also fired mortars during that mission.

You are right - they did bring a variety of explosives on the various Apollo missions.... and they uuuused 'em.
:=:up

Nice find Easy!

[edit on 27-10-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

resembles a war zone don't it ? ...lol
Moon

NASA sure does like destroying things on the Moon !

[edit on 27-10-2009 by easynow]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
what do you guys make of this? i know its an old one... it just sprang up in my memory reading about the bombs n stuff..... cheers

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Here is the mortar from Apollo 14:

A mortar package was designed to lob a set of four explosives from varying distances away from the ALSEP. Finally, an astronaut activated Thumper was used to detonate one of 22 charges to create a small shock.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 27-10-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

I don't think it was a bomb to blow things up and I am sure I wouldn't like to have a bomb between my feet.

Edited to add: unless it was a bomb in the bomb, a volcanic rock, in that case I wouldn't mind having one between my feet.

[edit on 27/10/2009 by ArMaP]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Or 'bomb' could be a phonetic misinterpretation of some acronym for a piece of gear.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
sorry fellas but they said Bomb and deploy a charge.

that means Bomb like ..........Boom !

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

I also think that they were talking about an explosive device of some sort, but not to blow things up, after all, a bomb that could be carried between someone's feet could not be that big.

Edit: corrected "we talking" to "were talking".

[edit on 28/10/2009 by ArMaP]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

i guess you didn't bother to read the transcript did you ?

he put it on the floor of the LR because his hands were getting fatigued from holding it. that don't sound like anything small especially in 1/6 gravity.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Weight is not the most tiring thing for the hands, the most tiring thing is the shape and/or size, making it difficult for the person to stretch their fingers to awkward positions.

And during the first EVA (I suppose it's this one) they deployed some of the 10 seismologic charges that were used on that mission.

Edited to add: yes, I read those pages from the script.

[edit on 28/10/2009 by ArMaP]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

i'm skeptical of your skepticism ArMaP ,

i'm going with the Bomb was too awkward for him to hold on to therefore it was not something small.

how about that audio clip i posted about Yankee clipper at the top of this page ?

what did you think about that ?

This Apollo 12 Mp3 audio clip is “supposed” to be a recording of a continuous live transmission, starting at MET 110:58:04, and is 45 minutes and 51 seconds in duration. If you fast-forward to 12 minutes you will hear Public Affairs Officer (PAO) say "the crew of intrepid are rather quiet at this time"

Same Apollo 12 Audio clip on ATS Media Player

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join