It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA's Apollo DSE "Black Box" Transcripts - revealing the unscripted truth about the Moon & E.T.

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
While reading the transcripts on descent and landing, they mention "atmospheric drag" on the craft.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
Apollo 17 EVA - Astronaut and genius Jack Schmitt tries to blow dust off of the camera lens... with his mouth.... Through his helmet.

"Billions of Blue Blistering Barnacles!" - Captain Haddock

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
While reading the transcripts on descent and landing, they mention "atmospheric drag" on the craft.

Where?

Which transcript and what was the time?

Tell me and I will make an excerpt and post it.

Edit:

Here is an excerpt from an Apollo 14 EVA where the astronaut driving the rover jokes that he has air brakes - perhaps implying that he is experiencing drag as he passes through that rich, clear lunar atmosphere:

[edit on 24-10-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
reply to post by ArMaP

can somebody verify this.....

www.sciencedaily.com...

looks kinda weird.... with splashed green n stuff......

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mcrom901

It is a false colour image.

It says so right under the image.

This false-color image of Earth was taken from 200 kilometers (124 miles) above the lunar surface was taken by the Moon Mineralogy Mapper, one of two NASA instruments onboard the Indian Space Research Organization's Chandrayaan-1 spacecraft. (Credit: NASA/JPL/Brown)

Hehe, no worries.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

cheers.... thanks buddy

looool.... these are the side-effects off 'never any straight answers'

anyways..... talking about colours.....

This composite image depicts the moon's rugged south polar region in two lights. The black and white image on the left is a computer generated view of the pole from radar reflectance data. The color image on the right is a topographic map of that same area. The color image on the right is the highest resolution topography map to date of the moon's south pole. It was generated by scientists at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, Calif., using data collecetd using the Deep Space Network's Goldstone Solar System Radar located in California's Mojave Desert. The new map provides contiguous topographic detail over a region approximately 500 kilometers by 400 kilometers (311 miles by 249 miles).

www.nasa.gov...

my question is.... what does the colour scheme signify here..... elevation..... or?

www.map-reading.com...

On a standard large-scale topographic map, the colors used and the features each represent are:

a. Black. Indicates cultural (man-made) features such as buildings and roads, surveyed spot elevations, and all labels.

b. Red-Brown. The colors red and brown are combined to identify cultural features, all relief features, non-surveyed spot elevations, and elevation, such as contour lines on red-light readable maps.

c. Blue. Identifies hydrography or water features such as lakes, swamps, rivers, and drainage.

d. Green. Identifies vegetation with military significance, such as woods, orchards, and vineyards.

e. Brown. Identifies all relief features and elevation, such as contours on older edition maps, and cultivated land on red-light readable maps.

f. Red. Classifies cultural features, such as populated areas, main roads, and boundaries, on older maps.

g. Other. Occasionally other colors may be used to show special information. These are indicated in the marginal information as a rule.

academic.emporia.edu...

Color may carry standardized meanings in particular applications. Common physiographic maps are a good example: blue = water bodies, green = vegetation, brown = desert/mountains, white = ice or snow, etc. A standard color scheme is often used on geological maps: green = Cretaceous, yellow = Quaternary, etc.

if its supposed to 'only' represent 'elevation'..... then i guess it would be interesting to check the actual data...

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

The colour scheme can mean anything they want, and the more colours they use the better detail they can show, in this case, apparently, altitude.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Here is an excerpt from an Apollo 14 EVA where the astronaut driving the rover jokes that he has air brakes - perhaps implying that he is experiencing drag as he passes through that rich, clear lunar atmosphere...

This is a joke, right?

"air brakes" on a surface vehicle relate to the fact that the brakes are operated by compressed air, not hydraulic fluid, like on your car.

"air brakes" as related to an airplane would refer to spoiler devices of some kind (usually on top of the wings) or, as seen on the Shuttle, the rudder splits open like a clamshell to offer increased drag after landing (though I can't say how effective that really is...seems to me it'd be minimal).

AS TO the Rover, and the comment....if you know how electric vehicles (such as the Rover) work (think of an electric golf cart) you would realize that as soon as you take your foot off of the accelerator there is nearly instant deceleration.....

I would have thought everyone would have realized these basics by now....

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Apollo 17 EVA - Astronaut and genius Jack Schmitt tries to blow dust off of the camera lens... with his mouth.... Through his helmet.

Originally posted by mcrom901
"Billions of Blue Blistering Barnacles!" - Captain Haddock

Ummm....what exactly is this supposed to prove? That people react naturally, then can laugh at themselves?

When I SCUBA I am often tempted to just reach up and rub my eyes...doesn't mean I'm not underwater (And, if the Astronaut is tempted to blow dust off a lens, and forgets for a moment he's in an EVA suit, then it doesn't mean he's "faking" it and not in a real vacuum...)

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Ummm....what exactly is this supposed to prove?

*snip*...... it doesn't mean he's "faking" it and not in a real vacuum...)

what are you hinting?

atmosphere

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

I would have thought everyone would have realized these basics by now....

that such exotic vehicles.... also leave behind 'weird' trails...

[edit on 24/10/09 by mcrom901]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Have you Read Ingo Swann's book Penetration?

It is almost like the director/producer of the new Moon movie with Sam Rockwell took inspiration from some of Mr Swann's Work.

Just check out this screenshot/excerpt combo I've assembled:

(Images Source: Moon (2009) )

and don't forget this part of the Apollo 14 transcripts....

They are mining it.

[edit on 25-10-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   

great post exuberant1

thought I should go out and get the Inigo swann's book you mentioned.

Ocker

[edit on 25/10/2009 by ocker]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ocker

great post exuberant1

thought I should go out and get the Inigo swann's book you mentioned.

Ocker

[edit on 25/10/2009 by ocker]

I'll send it to you.

It is hard to find - I'll get a good copy to you.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Now this one is just classic.

This astronaut says what we all would have been thinking.

"I can't believe it...That's the fu...Moon down there"

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

...Four Hours Missing from the DSE Black Box (right where we expected missing time to be found according to your recent work):

Those missing hours are not missing in the Technical Air-To-Ground Voice Transcription. Apparently, that Technical Air-To-Ground Voice Transcription has more information than the On-board Voice Transcription.

The "missing time" goes from page 351

to page 377, where we can see the start of the dialogue from the On-board Voice Transcription.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Interesting work Armap.

However, there is alot of time and words missing from these transcripts.

People who read them will notice this. It is also no fun when a whole page goes missing or is illegible - many examples of this can be found.

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Apparently, that Technical Air-To-Ground Voice Transcription has, if not all, much more information than the other transcription, and the fact that it's 1067 pages long instead of 452 shows that there are many things missing in the On-board Voice Transcription besides the ones already detected.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

However, there is alot of time and words missing from these transcripts.

Examples, please.

ArMaP pretty much put this one to bed, already!

PP 355 - 371 (or whatever, it's up there in his post...he simply omitted all the technical stuff for brevity...)

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join