It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA's Apollo DSE "Black Box" Transcripts - revealing the unscripted truth about the Moon & E.T.

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Luppakorva

How did you go did you find it?

It is near the sea of tranquility
any problems just u2u me

the other ones that I have shown you can down load a copy here

astrogeology.usgs.gov...

thats the link that Phage provided earlier

Ocker

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thanks ArMaP for your explanation. This object does appear to have the shape of a building and is over 200 meters long going by Google measurements. It does not have the characteristics of any natural features and it appears to have too many ninety degree angles in it to be a natural formation

If it is something on the camera the whole area would out of focus

The subject item can only be seen after we zoom right in onto the co ordinates eliminating a camera glitch or speck of dust

If it was something on the scanner you would notice it without zooming in. due to the fact that it would be exposed over the Image
would it not?

Ocker

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ocker
If it is something on the camera the whole area would out of focus
That's why I didn't consider that possibility.

If it was something on the scanner you would notice it without zooming in. due to the fact that it would be exposed over the Image
would it not?
Yes, if we were looking at the image with enough detail.

You have to remember that there are no magical ways of creating pixels from nothing (that only works on TV series like CSI), so when we see the image like you posted, we are probably seeing it at 200%, we cannot see it before because we are really seeing it at something like 10%. Also, the system used by Google, World Wind, etc. is to use several images for the different magnifications, so they can show, for example, 10 images at all times, but first they show low resolution images at a low zoom level, then they increase the zoom level and when they are at a higher level they change to different, higher resolution images, also at a low magnification, and so on.

Sometimes we can see when the image changes from low to high resolution because they have different brightness levels and the change is noticeable.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Luppakorva

I finally found the images I remembered seeing.

Compare this image with this one, and you can see that what is seen is not the footprints but the darker dust that was spread all over the place by the astronaut's movements.

I don't know why the dust is darker, the only possibility I see is alteration of the surface by the Sun's radiation, so the layer just bellow is darker because it was not "cooked" by that radiation.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaPthe only possibility I see is alteration of the surface by the Sun's radiation, so the layer just bellow is darker because it was not "cooked" by that radiation.

"the only possibility"

On earth the sun bakes the surface and dries it so when you disturb it the cooler WETTER soil beneath appears darker

Didn't you just hear India and NASA say there is water all over the moon mixed in the dirt?

Don't make me come over there and take your shiny badge away

[edit on 8-10-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
The only possible explanation (if we ignore strange things on the Moon
) is that this photo was digitised and it was something on the scanner or on photo,

"The only possible explanation"

There ya go again :shk: and then you put in a disclaimer
"if we ignore strange things on the Moon"

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

The sensors are not ground penetrating. The water and hydroxl was found on the surface to a maximum depth of 1 or 2 millimeters. They don't know how much, if any is below the surface. In any case, it's not "wet" water.

[edit on 10/8/2009 by Phage]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ocker

Got it mate
, thanks

Indeed, there's nothing nearby where to compare, completely flat area eh?

When I look into it though, Ain't it like you can see sun's reflection from top of it? Like there would be round "bubble" like upper part which is covered and the sun reflects away from that.

Also, that reflection fits together with shadow that this "building" leaves.

I know it's mind playing the tricks when zooming enough and it gets very pixelated, but I just can't help it I think I can see "antenna" sticking up form it as well from the north northern part.

It's really interesting find.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thank you for digging that out for me
Seems that you're correct, indeed it is not the footprints but the dust seems to make large area darker, actually when I compare this picture to the apollo landing site picture ..yeap ...it even matches.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by zorgon

The sensors are not ground penetrating. The water and hydroxl was found on the surface to a maximum depth of 1 or 2 millimeters. They don't know how much, if any is below the surface. In any case, it's not "wet" water.

Hi Phage
Help me out if you may

I am just puzzled that If the water is not wet then why is there more water in the lunar surface at sunrise and sunset than at noon

Does it move around?

or does it evaporate during the noon sun?

Ocker

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ocker

Now doesn't that mean there would have to be an atmosphere for that to happen?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by ArMaP
The only possible explanation (if we ignore strange things on the Moon
) is that this photo was digitised and it was something on the scanner or on photo,

"The only possible explanation"

There ya go again :shk: and then you put in a disclaimer
"if we ignore strange things on the Moon"

So in other words, there's no real explanation for this anomaly right?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ocker

The water is frozen. It sublimates when heated by sunlight. In vacuum it behaves the same way dry ice behaves on Earth. It bypasses the liquid phases going directly from solid to gas.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Luppakorva
reply to post by ocker

Hi
Luppakorva

1. Well as we understand the moon must have a atmosphere for this to happen..

2. if the water is from asteroids that crashed into the moon the surface would be covered in water. also the water would not appear to be at a higher quantity at dusk and dawn and dissipate lower at noon.

3. As we are told there is no atmosphere, the water must be evaporating how else would it loose volume during the noon sun .
With no atmosphere and water vapors rising up the universe would be full of floating lakes of water,but its not.

to answer your question
A atmosphere it seems to be the only probable explanation.

Thanks

Ocker

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

reply to post by ocker

The water is frozen. It sublimates when heated by sunlight. In vacuum it behaves the same way dry ice behaves on Earth. It bypasses the liquid phases going directly from solid to gas.

If the frozen water is to transform directly from the solid to the gaseous state and not becoming a liquid then how does it re accumulate volume at certain times of the day.
If indeed it sublimates to a gaseous state it would dissipate into the universe would it not? remembering there is no atmosphere to hold it in.

Ocker

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ocker

Why would the water vapor rise up "into the universe"? Gravity acts on water vapor the same way it acts on everything else. There is nothing to make it rise. There is no convection in a vacuum. The water vapor would stay close to the surface, in amongst the dirt particles, until night when it again forms into ice.

Because of the low gravity on the moon and the effects of the solar wind, the water vapor would slowly bleed away into space (not all of it at once). That is why the scientists are working on figuring out the replenishment process, there must be one.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

reply to post by ocker

Why would the water vapor rise up "into the universe"? Gravity acts on water vapor the same way it acts on everything else. There is nothing to make it rise. There is no convection in a vacuum. The water vapor would stay close to the surface, in amongst the dirt particles, until night when it again forms into ice.

Because of the low gravity on the moon and the effects of the solar wind, the water vapor would slowly bleed away into space (not all of it at once). That is why the scientists are working on figuring out the replenishment process, there must be one.

The water would vaporize and be blown by solar winds and with your theory some would land again when the sun went down. Turning from a gas straight back to a solid. no problem there.

My question to you is if this is the case and the solar winds do indeed contribute to this phenomena, water would be constantly moving around and would they not bond together as a gaseous cloud?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ocker

Only the vapor which actually leaves the dirt would be subject to the solar wind. And it wouldn't really be "blown". The solar wind is only slightly more dense than a very, very thin vacuum. The effects of the wind would be on individual atoms of vapor, giving a few of them a little kick in random directions.

The water vapor which does leave the dirt would not bond together as a cloud that would go somewhere else. Thermal energy and, as mentioned, the solar wind would cause it to disperse more or less evenly over the surface adding to the "atmosphere" of the moon (which is more of a vacuum than can be produced in many laboratories). It, and the miscellaneous other atoms of gas which compose the "atmosphere" eventually leave because the gravity is insufficient to hold onto it, to be replenished through outgassing and other processes yet to be figured out. The water vapor remaining each night, though very diffuse, would refreeze creating an imperceptible frost and adding to the ice already within the dirt.

The water vapor which does remain in the dirt, between the particles, will sublimate and refreeze without leaving the surface.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ocker

Originally posted by Luppakorva
reply to post by ocker

3. As we are told there is no atmosphere, the water must be evaporating how else would it loose volume during the noon sun .
With no atmosphere and water vapors rising up the universe would be full of floating lakes of water,but its not.

to answer your question
A atmosphere it seems to be the only probable explanation.

Thanks

Ocker

Hi and thank you for answering
. That was my thoughts exactly, was wondering how that can be. Few other questions though if you may? ..So, as we do not see water in liquid form and if water evaporates in the noon sun, why we don't see any clouds then? Ain't that exactly what we see here in earth when that happens, or is that maybe because that atmosphere in the moon is just not dense enough for that?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks very Informative

The LCROSS mission is due to crash today into a region of crater Cabeus A,which is a permanently shadowed area.
It will be interesting to see if the craters (shadowed craters) have acted as permanent traps for water.

If so it will be one spectacular shower.

Ocker

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join