It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Personality Disorder Test ...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
So I just ran into this website and thought I would share.

Description:

This test, sponsored by 4degreez.com, is meant to help determine whether or not you have a personality disorder. It is not meant to be used as a diagnostic tool, but rather as a tool to give you insight into a potential disorder that may be having a negative impact on your life. If you believe you may be suffering from a personality disorder or any other disorder, you should ask your family doctor to recommend a therapist in your area to meet with.

First, what is a personality disorder?

A personality disorder is basically a set of traits that combine to negatively affect your life. They have a wide range of causes and some are easier to treat than others. This test is set up to look for the ten recognized personality disorders which are Paranoid, Schizoid, Schizotypal, Antisocial, Borderline, Histrionic, Narcissistic, Avoidant, Dependent, and Obsessive-Compulsive.

Take the test

Keep in mind I only bring this for the sake of conversation ...

Though there are undoubtably some clearly identifiable psychologic archetypes I find the whole approach of pigeonholing and labeling every single character variation rather convenient, self serving to the mental "health" industry, and quote frankly full of scientific flaws, slightly more precise than astrology.

Furthermore I categorically reject the "disorder" nomenclature as such qualification is purely subjective to cultural whims.

However, mindful of the above mentioned caveats, I found taking the test an interesting process. Not because of any apocryphal diagnosis, but because one should be aware of how easily it is to be identified as one with a disorder and the parameters used to leap to such a conclusion.

Oh and for the record:

That is sooooo me.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences.

Explanation: S&F!

My results were as follows...

Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: High
Schizoid: Low
Schizotypal: Moderate
Antisocial: Moderate
Borderline: Moderate
Histrionic: Moderate
Narcissistic: High
Avoidant: Low
Dependent: Low
Obsessive-Compulsive: Moderate

Personal Disclosure: Woot! A high level of accuracy considering I am actually legally insane!

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
That isn't you , SD, I don't agree with this tests findings, from what I see of your posts on the forum.

I took it, it was way off.

But thanks.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I take it one of you was shocked when you got your test results back?

I find the whole approach of pigeonholing and labeling every single character variation rather convenient, self serving to the mental "health" industry, and quote frankly full of scientific flaws, slightly more precise than astrology.

Avoidant = Low ... I think someone fibbed on their exam.

As interesting as that seems, the overwhelming curiosity I'm feeling right now is no match for my own sense of preservation. I'm not taking that test, no way, no how!

That's all I need is a(nother) complex.

edit to add:

The next time you visit your therapist and he charges you $175 on the way out the door, just show him your results, give him $87.50, and tell him to get the rest from the other guy.

[edit on 27-9-2009 by lernmore]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
How funny! Well...kinda. But anyway I'm running to take the test right now and...

reserve the right to post or not post my results HA!

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
whew, I was worried for a minute...

Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Moderate
Schizoid: Moderate
Antisocial: Low
Borderline: Low
Histrionic: Low
Narcissistic: Moderate
Avoidant: Moderate
Obsessive-Compulsive: Moderate

[edit on 9/27/2009 by tribewilder]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Interesting exam my rating below

Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: High
Schizoid: Moderate
Antisocial: Moderate
Narcissistic: Moderate
Obsessive-Compulsive: High

So I am a neat freak who doesnt get along with other humans I could have told ya that

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

I got a moderate and Shizotypal.. and I have to say.. It's description pretty well describes some of my behaivor.. Although it isn't all severe.

Edit:

I've also noticed almost everyone posting results has moderate Schizotypal. Which is to be expected on ATS.

It makes sense at least. On rare occasions I do have strange auditory or visual hallucinations.

[edit on 27-9-2009 by Miraj]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Your results are pretty mild for an ATS member SD
lol

If you study the results and include A "Jung Typology Test", you can gleam A pretty good insight into your nature.
Jung Typology Test

Heres a personality disorder test that gives good scale.
Personality Disorder Test

[edit on 27-9-2009 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I tried to fool it into thinking I was nuts and it gave me low on everything. What if crazy people designed this?

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The test shows how much control the psychiatric profession has over society.

What this test does is it takes personality traits and reclassifies them as low level disorders.

A moderate avoidant personality disorder (me) used to be called shy.

Calling something a disorder instead of a trait (even a low level disorder) makes something "wrong" with a person. Sometimes, traits are good to have - I would be happy to have a slightly obsessive pharmacist who would be willing to check and re-check the count.

There is also a huge prejudice against religious or spiritual thinking in this test (seeing aurora or mystical thinking).

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Huh.

Man, I hope that test isn't right.

Cause... I just scored "High" across the board.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I just took the test and I scored Low on every one. I answered honestly. Does that mean I'm normal?

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by VirginiaGreen

im pretty sure it doesnt give u real results

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Thanks for posting, interesting. I just love how there is a question: "Do you see things as Black and White, as in no in between or shades of gray?" On a test that the only options are yes or no for answers.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Low
Schizoid: Low
Schizotypal: Low
Antisocial: Low
Narcissistic: Low
Dependent: Moderate
Obsessive-Compulsive: Low

Not enough questions and should have been a 1-5 rating style, there's no way I'm anywhere near that sane.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Novise

Yeah, that bugged me. There were a few questions that I'd have put in a "maybe" to.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by virraszto
I just took the test and I scored Low on every one. I answered honestly. Does that mean I'm normal?

Interesting question ...

"Normal" is just another subjective and relative conception ... it really doesn't mean anything in real terms.

For what t's worth the AMA folks probably think so, though it would never be in their interest to concede it. As such expect a new category to be created soon to ensure that you have a disorder to get in to. They usually do that AFTER they find a pill to "help" you deal with it.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Is it OK to be happy and well adjusted to living life in the middle of an insane asylum ?

Is it OK to be a contributer to the insanity even in it's mildest of forms ?

Daughter2: The status Quo are quite insane,so your statements are pretty valid from my perspective.

This test don't relate to reality well...whatever that might be

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Novise
I just love how there is a question: "Do you see things as Black and White, as in no in between or shades of gray?" On a test that the only options are yes or no for answers.

Mmm, it has been my observation that most psychiatrists suffer for Irony Deficiency Disorder.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join