It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man sues bank for $1784 billion trillion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

news.ninemsn.com.au

A US man is suing the Bank of America for $1784 billion, trillion dollars over alleged poor service.
Dalton Chiscolm has filed the lawsuit in the Manhattan Federal Court demanding the sum — plus an extra US$200,106,000 — be deposited into his bank account by the next day, Reuters news agency reports.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I found this amusing, I know he won’t get anywhere, but I thought I would share.
It is a ridiculous amount of money. Maybe if there was a few thousand people suing they might actually get somewhere and it would still be a massive payout, but 1 man trying to sue for $1784 billion trillion is ridiculous and pointless

news.ninemsn.com.au

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
lmfao i absolutely love it!!!

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
The thread of the title alone made me chuckle
Power to the people? go random guy!

:lol jks jks

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
All I can say to him is 'good luck, buddy.' He'll be lucky if the judge doesn't have him thrown out on his *** five minutes into it and if I were the lawyer, I'd be embarrassed to take that case to court. He's never going to hear the end of it.

[edit on 27-9-2009 by vor78]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
They simply create money anyways, why not write the guy a 108437247284837489374972894294 check of their fraudulent money?

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
People in the US have sued for more ridicules things and won.
I wish I had his attorney and could get in on that action. A billion trillion is a lot of money
S&F

[edit on 27-9-2009 by Sundancer]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

or give him some bonds to sneak through Italy into Switzerland

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Either he is wanting to get the attention of the bank, cause most of the time small numbers and banks just delay, or it is a typo. The judge is right, as that amount of money is greater than most countries budgets.
Side note, I have heard about Bank of America, and how they treat some of their customers, and it is not good.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
When considering the amount of money that was created by debt, or essentially money out of thin air, that figure seems like it could be fairly accurate.

Question is....could you ever trust anybody to have that amount of money? That would be insane.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Hey,
The banks and billion dollar businesses just got a 700billion dollar welfare check!

I think he's just going on the same scale that Washington uses.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by wycky

news.ninemsn.com.au

A US man is suing the Bank of America for $1784 billion, trillion dollars over alleged poor service.
Dalton Chiscolm has filed the lawsuit in the Manhattan Federal Court demanding the sum — plus an extra US$200,106,000 — be deposited into his bank account by the next day, Reuters news agency reports.

Wycky, thank you for making my day. This is one of the funniest things I've read in a loooooooong time.
I added the extra "o"s to make it to the second line.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
This is hilarious!!! Maybe he is trying to overcompensate so he will get an offer. A few mil would still be pretty nice.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
There's no way that there's even that much money in circulation...
Damn...

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
All joking aside, if America wanted to get all the money given to the Bank of America, then each citizen all across the country should ask a lawyer, just for the sake of justice, to file a lawsuit.

Millions of lawsuits against the Bank of America all at once.

Imagine the problem for the Bank of America. Just the weight of the legal fees answering those lawsuits would be enough to break the bank.

Then, we all go after another.

And another.

Indirect tactics are as numerous as the stars in the sky.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Hes gonna need the money....Hyperinflation is coming.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by really

I knew it would get some laughs.
Why would you want that much money? it is an insane amount

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I hope he has Allan Shore as his attorney... then he might actually win...

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Maybe someone fell asleep when typing the extra 0's for this case, but seriously good luck to the guy. Banks have screwed us over too many times and WERE the ones suffering, a modern-day Robin Hood perhaps?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I am rooting for him. If for no other reason than I have a BOA account, and if he wins then me suing them for $18.6 billion will seem very fair of me

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join