It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Patriot Letters Continued: The Perfect Storm Awakening

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Excellent response....a star for you...very intelligent and measured.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by memarf1
Yes, I would say that the constitution wasn't flawed but over time the language has become obsolete. The language is important because now the rock seems to have softened and lawyers and attorneys argue and manipulate it's meaning.

Agreed, but you will concede I am certain that the Judicial is by far the most dangerous branch in the US Government. Ever wonder what all attorneys must be members of? The BAR association?

Take a guess what BAR stands for. I'll give you a hint... We may have "won" that first struggle for independence, or did we?

We need a meeting of the minds, we need to rewrite the constitution in the language of today making sure to make it immovable and understandable.

One word: FAIL

The new one needs to take into account new technology, new language, and new rights that our founders could never have imagined may exist, for example our right to an unadulterated internet.

The words are already in place, front and center in the Bill of Rights. Perhaps you've been more indoctrinated by the public (re)education system than you previously thought?

Remember, the constitution provides for just such a meeting and rewrite, it not only provides it but we were at some point in our history encouraged to use that right.

It also provides for complete removal, by force if necessary, of the federal "authority".

Our current leaders are corrupt, but I argue that they too are victims of a corrupt system that forced otherwise ideological people with an intent to fix or change for the better and corrupted them. Very few start off corrupt, but I have heard it argued that after 1, or maybe for the stronger leaders 2, term in office they too are corrupted. They are not corrupted by their own mind, but by the system itself. The corruption of the game leads to the corruption of the players.

These corrupted masses are called politicians. The ideal public servants are called statesmen.

Yes, it is flawed, lets meet, lets exercise our constitutionally guaranteed rights, and lets fix it!

A MEETING OF THE MINDS 2009 OR 2010! BEFORE THINGS GET BLOODY!

Remember, even the most immovable stones erode with nothing more than time.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by memarf1]

When all legal and just means have been exhausted, what are We, the People to do?

Would you then have us crouch down and lick the hands that feed us?

Not me, I will perhaps die standing, but I will NEVER live on my knees.

We are close, not to that point yet, but close.

I pray that whatever wise men remain in DC hear the demand for redress from their TRUE masters... Us!

Forget the moneyed powers that control policy, and lean on the strength and will of the people of the United States of America.

THIS REPUBLIC SHALL STAND!

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by memarf1

memarf, I wish like hell it worked like it's supposed to. I wish we'd have never gotten to this point.

True, we are supposed to be able to vote them out and get a good batch in.

Here's the problem.

A lot of good men go to Washington, and in no time are as crooked as a dog's hind leg. They get there intending to do right, and money is thrown at them from every direction.

The perks alone are staggering. No way in the world to avoid all that temptation, plus, there is some gas apparently seeping from the ground around DC which after a few months causes confusion, delirium, and fantasies of self-importance.

Other side effects include an inability to know left from right, right from wrong, good from bad, and proper terminology.

A rise in the tax rate that's less than previously passed is called a tax cut. You pay more tax, but that's called a tax cut.

The cap and trade is a term they perceive to be too difficult for the general population to understand, so this massive tax hike is called an "environmental pollution reduction."

They quickly become so practiced at deceit and lying, that they can no longer tell the truth.

These guys are dug in deeper than an Alabama tick, the Washington machine is so corrupt, that it really needs scrapping.

There comes a time when a house is so cracked, so deteriorated, it has shifted so far off it's foundation that it is easier and much less expensive to tear it down.

Such is our house.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by memarf1

We need a meeting of the minds, we need to rewrite the constitution in the language of today making sure to make it immovable and understandable.

This is nonsense. There is nothing wrong with the Constitution as it is written with the first Ten Amendments.

The problem is that we are to dumb to read it and or make any sense out of it. Have you seen any of those interviews with students at Stanford University in California??? They know almost no history much less any language skills. Most of us can barely speak decent English much less read any English.

People of the time of the Founders ..those who could read..had a vocabularly of some 4,000 to 4,500 words and knew what they meant and did not mean. Today we have a vocabularly of some 1,000 to 1,200 words and most of them four letter words.
Do you actually think a people like this can read and understand what the Constitution means when it was written by men with a larger more concise vocabulary??

There is nothing wrong with the Constitution ..there is something wrong with us...we ourselves. We have become so Soulless that we no longer even know who or what we are. We are so ungrounded today we know more about the next piece of junk to be mass produced that the history or our people...even our immediate ancestors.
In short...we have the cart before the horse and will continue to be so until we educate ourselves out of this hole we have allowed others to dig for us.

Im here to tell you ..only public schooling can dumb a people down so far. Ordinary thinking people are not that naturally dumb. They have more common sense than what comes out of public schools today.

What do you think happens when you have a nation in which the peoples reality ...what they think is happening is from a television/movie set. Public education has become a television/movie education. Many of us are emotional train wrecks as a lifestyle. And many of us think this is normal...even entitled.

There is nothing wrong with the Constitution as it was written with its Ten Amendments....there is something wrong with us..we ourselves. We are losing our very Souls to institutional nonsense.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

I agree, sometimes amputation is more effective than stitches and salve!

But, a lot of people are afraid, and a lot of people abhore violence, and a lot of people are just still a little too satisfied. SO.....Lay out a new Union. Base it on the exact same Constitution with a slightly modernized language and a couple of adjustments for 200 years of social change, and make it known that a new Union is forming. Let states secede one at a time and join the new union. Let the old Union falter and die! If 50 states secede, and we from a new Union based upon the original principles, there may not be a need for blood!

There will be some conflict, and probably a lot of suicides, maybe even some small skirmishes, but overall, I think we can avoid an all out Civil War, if our agenda is clear, and if it includes concerns from all sides, and if it gets published to the masses.

Memarf and I have long wanted to publish "Modern Sense"! It is certainly time that we take a que from our forefathers, and we itemize and publicize our grievances, we provide a solution, we organize ourselves, and then it is up to the people in office to handle it, or head for the hills and let us do it our self!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

Well said Orangetom. One must remember though that this "dumbing down" of the public was no accident.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

True. A lot of people ARE afraid.

A lot of people abhor violence, which is as it should be. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I was nudged awake to take my turn on guard at the radio. In the pitch black, I just followed the line from my position to the radio. As I sat back, I got hit right below the bend of my elbow by a snake.

I had already been bitten twice before, so I knew the burning feeling. It hurt, and in an instant, I was furious.

I began pounding the snake with my fist, not giving a damn if I got struck again - not even thinking of it - just wanting to strike back. And I pounded the crap out of it with my fists.

That's how a lot of folks get motivated to get out of their comfort zone and do things they never would have normally done.

Fear in inversely proportional to anger. The more angry you become, the less fear.

A lot of people abhor violence, but anyone familiar with the "Old West" can relate events where lawlessness eroded a society to the point that good, peaceful, God-fearing men gathered, and overnight hung every unsavory character in town.

And went back to being peaceful, good, God-fearing men.

Events will compel one to behave directly contrary to their comfortable natural state.

I saw a conscious objector medic lose it when he saw three enemy soldiers bayoneting his wounded, and this guy, so peaceful and good-hearted, who used to get in my face over my own nature, kill all three with a two-inch scapel. He sliced and diced, until they were damn near unrecognizable.

When he looked up at me, realizing what he did, he was stunned, "I killed them."

I said, "You killed the **** out of them. As you had to."

This nation gets sideways, and the rowdies start a ruckus, a lot of people will die. Yet there will be a lot of good people who due entirely to circumstances, will cowboy up as required, and do what is needed.

Those are the kind I like best.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

Indeed, what makes you so petulant as to whine about a presumption no one had stated? True liberals, who would best be served by being referred to as libertarians, do not presume to know what is best for everyone by perverting the Constitution through a warped application of the Commerce Clause, thereby granting all kinds of totalitarian powers to the government over the lives of all other Americans; “fundamentally remaking America” into the super nanny state they envision. I do not have issues with true liberals, as they care not what I do as long as it does not interfere with their lives; they do not attempt to remake society into what they think is best by packing the courts and the legislating from the judicial branch.

True liberals do not indoctrinate our children in school with one world anti-American, anti- patriotic, anti-conventional family, anti-Christian “Yes We Can!” chanting pro-Obama propaganda. Those that practice such attempts at subverting the Constitution are traitors, otherwise known as “progressives / statist”; they are enemies of America, Americans, and the US Constitution and Bill of Rights and they must be stopped, by whatever means necessary.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

To presume to be able to rewrite for clarity – or for any other reason – one of the two best examples of English prose ever written is cheeky at best. The only reason to wish a rewriting of the Constitution is to change its “negative liberties” (strict limits on governmental intrusion into the lives of Americans) into positive license for governmental intrusion, this is the hidden agenda of most who call for its revision.

The Constitution is not a ‘living’ document (A liberal’s wet dream), nor does it need to be revised, it needs to be STRICTLY adhered to without liberal perversion of its articles to include whatever politically correct ‘right’ or ‘limit’ some Columbia Law graduate thinks it should include. Applied at face value pre 16th Amendment, the Constitution would function exactly as it was designed.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SGTChas

Indeed. When my wee son was in the 8th grade, he had a firm command and grasp of the Constitution, as it stands now.

I presume that if he, with an 8th grade education, could plumbs the depths of what others feign to find so "convoluted" and hard to understand, that anyone with a similar level of education, not to mention a few more years experience of the world, should be quite capable of doing the same.

It was written in the vernacular, so that everyman could who could read, could understand his rights without the interference of a lawyer or a judge. It, like the government of the time, was OF the people, BY the people, and FOR the people. No Harvard education required to grasp the meaning.

Then someone allowed the lawyers, judges, and politicians read it. We all know how they love to over-complicate the simplest of things. Since they weren't allowed to change the words without, well, an act of congress, they decided that they could only screw around with "interpretation".

I've already stated that it doesn't need interpretation for anyone able to read at 8th grade level, so I reckon I've come full circle now.

[edit on 2009/10/2 by nenothtu]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SGTChas

I agree with you, and I agree with the other poster about our poor vocabulary these days, but....

The Constitution has been the victim of the Supreme Court and many, many interpretations. As such, it has lost its "plain language" quality that it had when it was written.

I would never presume to be more qualified to write this document than the guys that originally did it. I would only hope that collectively we could capture its virtues and restate them in modern plain language in order to reunite our people!

The alternative is disbanding the current government by whatever means are necessary. Ultimately it may come to that anyway, but I would like to exhaust every possible alternative avenue first.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by STChas
reply to post by get ready already

To presume to be able to rewrite for clarity – or for any other reason – one of the two best examples of English prose ever written is cheeky at best. The only reason to wish a rewriting of the Constitution is to change its “negative liberties” (strict limits on governmental intrusion into the lives of Americans) into positive license for governmental intrusion, this is the hidden agenda of most who call for its revision.

The Constitution is not a ‘living’ document (A liberal’s wet dream), nor does it need to be revised, it needs to be STRICTLY adhered to without liberal perversion of its articles to include whatever politically correct ‘right’ or ‘limit’ some Columbia Law graduate thinks it should include. Applied at face value pre 16th Amendment, the Constitution would function exactly as it was designed.

SGT Chas and others,

Nothing wrong with the Constitution and its first Ten Amendments as they are written. The problem is with us ..we ourselves. We need to learn some English as well as some history to accompany our English.
With these new tools will come the understanding of what is happening around us and has been since before FDR. Even back unto the Boxer Rebellion.

Agreed..the 16th Amendment would function exactly as designed. Not as a direct tax on the "Source." Someone here has really pulled a fast one on Americans for over 60 years now. There is nothing wrong with the 16th Amendment as it is written...the problem is in its application.
Good that you know this STChas...most peoples do not. They haven't a clue. Public Education/television education once again.

I still stand by what I stated on page 2 of this thread...before embarking on such a road..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The other amendment which greatly bothers me is the one which made Senators to be elected by the people of the states. Prior to this Amendment the Senators to Washington D. C. were elected by the state legislatures. Thus these senators were looking out for the state interests in Washington D. C. Represenatives to Washington D. C were to be elected by the people and by apportionment ....by population count. Some states because of population having more represenatives than others...by apportionment.
Now that we have Senators to Washington D.C. elected by the people we now have two houses of representatives in Washington D. C. No one is looking out for the state concerns. This is one way in which the power of the states over Washington D. C. was broken. No one is representing the state interests in Washington D. C. as intended by the founders. This concept is not taught to our children in public schools for what it actually is. It is glossed over if ever even discussed. I consider this to be very dangerous to individual liberty as well.

As I recall this was done with Amendment XVII in 1913 along with the income tax in Amendment XVI. This was also the year the Federal Reserve Act went into effect. I find this very interesting and not accidental.
We have three acts here for which the groundwork was laid for a time down the road ...changing the manner in which our liberties were to be carried out or more appropriately...restricted. All in 1913.

For Anonymous Avatar...I too think the dumbing down of the American People is not accidental but deliberate. If our children and further generations are to know the Constitution, and other important concepts and ideas, it will be something we must instill in them for it is obvious that we cannot count on our Public/Television educational system to do so. We must anchor them ourselves with the knowledge of this remarkable document.

getreadyalready,

The Constitution has been the victim of the Supreme Court and many, many interpretations. As such, it has lost its "plain language" quality that it had when it was written.

When in history ..this kind of thing transpires over and over again ...what is happening is a private interpretation of this document for the purpsoes of private benifit and against the very people for which this document was intended. For this reason of private interpretation is why Supreme and Appellate Court appointments are so important and controversial. Social engineers/politicians always want to stack the courts with selected peoples so as to grant powers and authority to do things not permitted by the governing documents. Usually with a view to getting votes to keep and maintain power.

You are now rapidly back on the road to feudalism and divine right of kings. A royalty. The very system from which the founders intended to break away. They did not approve of royalty or the Feudal systems which had made a train wreck of so much of history and nations. And these founders knew history from the Greeks Persians, to Cicero...unto the English Civil war.
This diaspproval of Feudalism is one reason George Washington did not want to be called "your Highness " or any such title..but merely refered to himself as "Mr President." These things too are not accidental. There is an important history behind them.

Oliver Cromwell himself was behind the beheading of King Charles 1st in 1649. Though reluctant at first...when eventually the decision was made Cromwell put behind him any hesitation to refrain...and was fully decided and committed that it was the right thing to do for England.
This marks the first time in history that an ordinary people had ever killed a king. Now mind you ..kings had been killed by other royalty in plots, assasinations, intrigues etc etc...but never unto this time by the ordinary citizenry.
Our founders knew well this history and one of the decisions made to break away from England was that when the King had broken the law...did a people have a right and precedent to turn on thier king. Oliver Cromwell had settled that decision for our founders some 100 plus years before.

This knowledge and secret is one of the things our own government never wants us to know and why the English Civil War is not much taught to Americans next to the importance of it to us and our founders.

The other important decision to come down the road...was of course ...what kind of just government were they to put in place of the Feudal system or systems of which they historically knew.
With thier knowledge of history, philosophy, religion, and law/laws they produced a remarkable and yet very brief governing document. For they well knew by their knowledge of history that a free people must have a government in chains ..bound such that this government could not interfere with the day to day buisness of the people.
A "limited government" meant a free people.

This is the very opposite of what we see happening today. We are well back on our way to Feudalism. Back to Royalty.

For it is known by certain peoples that the very best governmet that men by pure logic and reason can devise...on thier own merits...is tyranny....which is feudalism.

It takes more than pure logic and reason to be just, and honorable. For the Greeks and Romans were men of great logic and reason. And we know thier history.
Beware of by what some would attempt to seduce and deceive you by pure reason and logic....Gnostic wise men....Mr Spock. For it is by the hand of Gnostsic Wisemen that we are where we are today...rapidly on the way back to feudalism.

Bewarned!!!

Thanks,
Orangetom

[edit on 4-10-2009 by orangetom1999]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SGTChas

Hear! Hear!

You, fine sir are what I call myself and my closest freinds,

you are what is called a Staunch Constitutionalist!

Edit: Before there was a constitution they were called 'Sons of Liberty.' and met at taverns, often upstairs (Boston, The Green Dragon) or back rooms to plan... In Boston many were "Caulkers" who hamerred caulk into the seams of wooden ships... this is where the word "Caucus" came from...

On the evening of the Boston tea Party the log book of the local Masonic lodge reads "Not enough members present for a quorum"

At a dedication of a Tree of Liberty in 1766...A Son of Liberty named Silas Downer said, in Rhode Island:

"We do therefore, in the name and behalf
of all the true SONS of LIBERTY in America,
Great Britain, Corsica, Ireland or wheresoever
they are dispersed throughout the world, dedicate
and solemnly devote this tree to be a
TREE of LIBERTY.----
May all our councils and deliberations
under its venerable branches be guided by wisdome,
and directed to the support and maintenance of that liberty,
which our forefathers sought out and found
under trees and and in the wilderness.

---May it long flourish, and may the SONS of LIBERTY
often repair hither, to confirm and strengthen each other.
--When they look towards the sacred ELM,
may they be penetrated with a sense of duty to themselves,
their country, and their posterity:
--And may they, like the house of David,
grow stronger and stronger,
while their enemies, like the house of Saul,
grow weaker and weaker. AMEN

LINK to source page

[edit on 4-10-2009 by seataka]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
SGTChas,

I did not at first catch this. Glad that I was able to do so in the quote of the post above this one by seataka.

To presume to be able to rewrite for clarity – or for any other reason – one of the two best examples of English prose ever written is cheeky at best.

For me and my house..the best example of the English language is in the AV1611...Translated out of original tongues. Then comes the Constitution of the United States of America.

THanks,
Orangetom

[edit on 4-10-2009 by orangetom1999]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Well…What can I say to all this RED WHITE AND BLUE going on here. Good!
Glad The right attitude is spreading across the world.
Too bad it’s all pure BS, no matter what you may think….or say here

The fact is; you’re late, it’s all ready happened, you missed the opening shot, you weren’t there, and from the looks of it, you never will be…either.

Katrina saw the New Orleans Police department, along with National Guard troops, and Federal Storm troopers kicking in doors and taking away guns from law abiding people. ATF was there to. They All were armed to the teeth, wearing ballistic armor, and came at everyone in squads. Nobody had a chance,, neither will you.

Were you there…?

Don’t remember any major gun battles going on…?

As a matter of fact, all those people…folded…
quickly…without hesitation, just like you will when the times comes. Especially when a H&K MP5 is stuck in your face…you’ll get on your knees, just like they did. (period)

All this “brouhaha” about standing united. All these fines speeches, all these glorious declarations of personal sacrifice and selfish courage…? False bravado and wishful thinking.

It’s easy to sit back and make grand designs, especially when somebody else is doing all the dirty work for you, A typical arm-chair commando answer to everything. Stir the pot, and watch the bubbles grow.

You’re not gonna “unite” to do a $%!@ thing. Your gonna get up from bed in the morning, go to work, and come home to watch it on television. That’s exactly how it will be…on TV.

Firstly, it will be a small scale incident
You cannot afford to take time off work
The price of an airline ticket is expensive
That assault rifle will have to be checked
It will be over before you even have time to say HOORAY!

End of story..guarantee it bud!

On top of that;
There’s no leadership infrastructure
There’s no centralized support apparatus
There’s no intelligence apparatus
There’s no popular support from THE PEOPLE
There’s ABSOLUTELY no way in heck your gonna do anything significant, on any scale that will have a national effect, other than to, perhaps, get yourself in prison, or get yourself killed, and maybe everyone around you.

When they come for your guns, either give em up, or be gone. Being gone sounds better than being dead.

You gonna risk the lives of your family members, of course you are, somebody posted on this crazy thread that we should be willing to sacrifice the lives of our sons and daughters. Of course you didn’t actually mean YOUR sons and daughters, did you…always somebody’s else’s death is easier to swallow, until you’ve had that shoved in your face at least once…

Get real folks

I’m 100% for militia, 100% pro Gun, 100% pro constitution-BUT I’m not foolish either. No way a scattered and divided bunch of would be revolutionary wannabe-collolinalist are gonna take on the might of the US or UN military, and law enforcement, and FBI, and ATF, and NSa, and DEA, and National Guard, and live to tell about it.

Get Real
Get A life
Make A New Plan

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join