It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five Ways to Hack Your Brain into Awesomeness

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Very interresting stuff. I've heard about making your brain think you're asleep so it releases '___', but the red light seems easier. I'll give it a try and tell you guys if it works.

By the way, loveandthink, the fact that your registration date is the
09-09-09 is awesome.

[edit on 8-10-2009 by thewolf312]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by thewolf312

ha, i know! i didn't notice until a few weeks after registering. i had been silently reading ats for several months before i eventually caved and signed up... i couldn't have planned it better.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
S&F definitely want to try #'s 5 and 4, maybe even 3! I only wonder what happens in the brain exactly during number four when you trip, like what chemicals may go off. May have to do further research, just for fun of learning. =)

EDIT: The Ganzfeld effect is the result of the brain amplifying neural noise in order to look for the missing visual signals. The noise is interpreted in the higher visual cortex, and gives rise to hallucinations.

And

The Ganzfeld effect has been reported since ancient times. The adepts of Pythagoras lived in pitch black caves to receive wisdom through their visions. Miners trapped by accidents in mines, frequently reported hallucinations, visions and seeing ghosts when they were in the pitch dark for days. Arctic explorers seeing nothing but featureless landscape of white snow for a long time also reported hallucinations and an altered state of mind.

Pythagoras receiving visions in pitch black caves?? Hmm, Sounds like darkness technology. Or very similar to a darkroom retreat not only done by them but many monks and even Jesus was said to spend time in a cave for extended time.

--Dark room retreats-->www.universal-tao.com...

--Darkness Technology (producing '___' naturally)-->www.universal-tao.com...

[edit on 13-10-2009 by 4stral4pprentice]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I think I remember reading articals on the diffrent mind alterating plants that produces '___' such as the famous "magic mushrooms. But the cool thing about that is that the '___' is supposed to effect the pineal gland in your brain, And the pineal gland is supposed to be the third eye in some cultures. Hmm...

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
One thing about the red light is that I notice that after a while I could not tell if my eyes were open or shut.

I think it contributes to the sensory deprivation.

I've done sleep fast before - where you don't sleep for a couple of days or so - you push it. YOU WILL start hallucinating if you do that long enough. I find that if I am depressed or in a rut, and I do that - it totally resets my brain chemistry. After you get totally exhausted and crazy from lack of sleep, and you sleep really good - at least for me - I wake up feeling awesome.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Anyone try the hallucination one with success yet?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I'm curious about the hallucination one. I don't want to try it, I just want to find out about it.

<< 1   >>

join