It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 10 Crazy Universe Theories that were proven True

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Here are the Top 10 Crazy Theories about the Universe Theories that have been proven to be true. Amazing theories that were thought to be absurd by scientists and people in general for different periods of time.

www.askmen.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Thanks for the link. Although I knew about 80% of the things in there, it is still interesting to read these facts again.

However, I will disagree with the expanding universe and big bang theory in that they are still heavily debated today. Personally, I'm convinced those two theories are sound, but the evidence may still not be enough to convince a great deal of the population.

Expect to see at least those two theories be debated here if your thread is not ignored.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn!

I thought this would be a little closer to home like how Bush is a moron and Obama is his shadow. Who cares what "they' say is out there? We can't even believe what "they' say is happening here on Earth.

Check please......I want to go home!

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Interesting. Thanks for the link mate. I'm sure most people know about those theories though.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Thank you! This is what ive been looking for. I was asking in my previous threads something around these lines. Star&Flag

Althought the big bang also hasen't been proven, and dont believe it ever will. Hasen't string theroy been proven wrong?

[edit on 27-9-2009 by Maddogkull]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Dude...NICE find! Star and flag for U.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on Mon Sep 28 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by theconspiracyisherenow
Interesting. Thanks for the link mate. I'm sure most people know about those theories though.

Same, It took longer for my browser to load the pages than it took for me to see that I already knew everything on the page.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Thanks for the link

Our universe let alone our Galaxy is larger beyond what anybody can comprehend... who knows what else lies there... I have always been personally into astronomy and Iv always wondered how we humans who deal if we were ever to witness another planet with life.... the creatures and what they would look like.... we would not be able to picture it or understand it... the universe is large and diverse... we humans will never be able to take in much of what may be discovered in time to come....

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by newworld

Thanks for the link. Although I knew about 80% of the things in there, it is still interesting to read these facts again.

However, I will disagree with the expanding universe and big bang theory in that they are still heavily debated today. Personally, I'm convinced those two theories are sound, but the evidence may still not be enough to convince a great deal of the population.

Expect to see at least those two theories be debated here if your thread is not ignored.

I think there's more debate about those by non-professionals than there is by professionals. But there's some debate about them here on ATS in other threads for sure.

I also think it was an interesting link thanks to the OP.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I like the number one- The Big Bang Theory.

They said that although no one is sure how the universe started this theory is supported by a large body of scientist.

Now they said that this was proven true, but then contridicted themselves by saying that no one is sure how the universe started.

If nobody is positive how it started how can it be proven true?

A few hundreds of years ago the majority of scientists believed the earth was flat. We all know how that turned out.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Science works under the assumption that a good theory is one that can be refuted by further advances and discoveries.

For example, there are loads of evidence supporting evolution, the theory of gravity, the big bang, among others. These theories are accepted by a vast majority of scientists and backed up by facts, although there is always the chance that these theories will change to accommodate new discoveries and models.

This does not mean the theories are fabrications, they are ways to explain the world backed up by a huge quantity of facts and data, and to this day still are relevant and explain how the world works, help us formulate new models and hypothesis, etc.

However, as new evidence is presented, the theories will change- and sometimes even discarded- as is deemed fit.

Science continually evolves, it is not static or declare itself as definitive truth, what it deems as fact today might be false in 50 years. However, so far, the current scientific knowledge seems sounds according to current evidence and therefore I stick to scientific explanations, but I know that my knowledge base will have to change when new discoveries are made.

(maybe this explains why we still can't visit other galaxies, something definitely must be wrong with our physics models if we are still relying in old technologies and models to create space craft).

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Hello there Russian Scientist,

I would beg to differ several of those have not actually been proven. First, as of yet they have not obtained solid evidence for red shift and cannot actuall prove the Universe is expanding. They have not observed quarks yet, only atoms. Then there is the big bang of which there is not a shred of direct evidence of this either. Now, I will say the doppler effect may be real but there is conflicting evidence that has been ignored in order to make it work.

I just don't believe in the Big Bang, rather I am working on a form of cosmic string theory where the Universe was formed by sounds being passed through cosmic strings. This implies a Creator and yes I believe there is one.

I do however actually believe in the quarks but I am just saying it has not been observed. I also believe the stars are very far away and that the Universe spans an unimaginable ammount of light years.

I know I told you a while ago that I believed in a young Universe and Earth but I cannot ignore the geological evidence. The volcano we call Yellowstone has produced over a hundred super eruptions and those can't fit into six thousand years and I see that now.

Haven't seen you write a thread for a while.
I haven't much time to blog these days though because I am in college presently but I wanted to touch bases and say hello.
Until later friend.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Missing the ether composed of many particles that is
easily torn apart by high voltage.
That got shoved under the rug.
Nice Quark pictures.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Angel One

Hi Angel One,

I think the Universe is a constant size, Ifinity; galaxies and other space bodies contract and expand within it.

I don't believe in the Big Bang Theory either, there are too many holes in that theory. I heard there were several creators, all scientists, that created us and everything else in order to see who created them.

The Earth has to be extremely old, far older than anyone can imagine. It's good to hear from you my friend. Keep studying and get good grades. I'll be getting some videos on YouTube soon, you'll have to tell me what I need to expand on, and/or what I left out.

Take care my friend.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Hello Again Russian Scientist,

I can report that I am taking chemistry, astronomy, and college algebra and pulling literal strait A's. I am so in tune that school seems easy like high school.

The reason I am opperating so well is that my mental health provider has me medicated such that my abilities that come with my illness are shining in my intellect. The bad stuff is dormant and 137 may honestly now be the low end of my IQ.

I believe that there were Creators plural because the Bible says, "let us create man in our own image". I also believe that high Angels are placed in charge of certain aspects of the Universe but they report to Yaweh the Head of Creation. Calling them scientists would be absolutely accurate because the Universe is very scientific in nature, even spirituality is scientific.

I also believe that the Earth and moon as we know it resulted in a massive collision that tore off approximately 2/3 of the Earths crust and made dry land possible. I have seen a picture of the Earth with the water removed and it clearly looks like a planet with most of its crust torn off.

This will probably be in my geo theory that I am developing as I go through school. I have aspirations to drop a geological calculus theory but I need to learn a lot more before I can elaborate my first equation which I have already named and can express it in words. I will hold my tongue about the heavy details because I know I am on to a discovery.

You are always a pleasant man to converse with and even though my prophecies are dark there is much light to come with it. As a matter of fact I live for that time because that is where I shine and find out who I really am and what I am made of. I can shine as a volcanologist and save lives also. I see great beauty and a lot of good in the world enough worth fighting for. I can also be a great leader and have percieved that happening in dreams as well. My favorite part of that time is that my mutation will fully activate and psychic dreams will be small talk about me.
I also want to develop my own theory of everything such is the reason that I take all kinds of science classes, I see the world very differently than any one else and can add a different way to look at physics in science.

I care greatly about politics and regularly harass the bad guys in government by email. I also communicate my ideas and views to the so called "good guys". I don't have much faith in any of them though because they all seem to be tied together as an evil empire. But enough of politics have a good day Friend, I like the positive threads you have been presenting lately keep it up.

Until next time

Angel One

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Interesting post

Here are some other revealing comments made by scientists in the past:

They were sure it couldn't be done

"No possible combination of known substances, known forms of machinery, and known forms of force, can be united in a practical machine by which man shall fly long distances through the air..."
Simon Newcomb (1835-1909), astronomer,
head of the U.S. Naval Observatory

"Men might as well project a voyage to the Moon as attempt to employ steam navigation against the stormy North Atlantic Ocean".
Dr. Dionysus Lardner (1793-1859)
Professor of Natural Philosophy and Astronomy

"There is no hope for the fanciful idea of reaching the Moon because of insurmountable barriers to escaping the Earth's gravity".
Dr. Forest Ray Moulton, University of
Chicago astronomer, 1932.

"Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible".
Lord Kelvin (1824-1907)
British mathematician and physicist

"To place a man in a multi-stage rocket and project him into the controlling gravitational field of the moon where the passengers can make scientific observations, perhaps land alive, and then return to earth--all that constitutes a wild dream worthy of Jules Verne. I am bold enough to say that such a man-made voyage will never occur regardless of all future advances".
Lee DeForest,
American radio pioneer, 1926.

"Rail travel at high speed is not possible because passengers, unable to breathe, would die of asphyxia".
Dr. Dionysus Lardner (1793-1859)
Professor of Natural Philosophy and Astronomy

"What can be more palpably absurd than the prospect held out of locomotives travelling twice as fast as stagecoaches?"
The Quarterly Review, England (March 1825)

"We have reached the limits of what is possible with computers".
John Von Neumann, 1949

"Well informed people know it is impossible to transmit the voice over wires and that were it possible to do so, the thing would be of no practical value".
Editorial in the Boston Post, 1865

Nuclear power:

"There is no likelihood man can ever tap the power of the atom. The glib supposition of utilizing atomic energy when our coal has run out is
a completely unscientific Utopian dream,a childish bug-a-boo. Nature has introduced a few fool-proof devices into the great majority of elements that constitute the bulk of the world, and they have no energy to give up in the process of disintegration."
Robert A. Millikan (1863-1953)
Speech to the Chemists' Club (New York)

"Any one who expects a source of power from the transformation of these atoms is talking moonshine..."
Ernest Rutherford (1933)

"There is not the slightest indication that [nuclear energy] will ever be obtainable. It would mean that the atom would have to be shattered at will."
Albert Einstein, 1932.

Cheers.

join