It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India plans to force NASA into accepting the Extraterrestrial presence in moon.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Orion65
Sometimes the truth is out there, in the most unpredictable places. For example, everyone laughs at the National Enquirer but they definitely hit the nail on the head with John Edwards/mistress/secret baby story when no other news magazine at the time was covering it.

You know why people believed that particular story by the National Enquirer? Because they published the evidence they had of said affair. What evidence has India Daily published supporting these allegations? None. So they are obviously not comparable situations.

And it's not as if people don't take the National Enquirer and India Daily seriously for no reason, people merely act like that because of the track record of these publications.

[edit on 28-9-2009 by converge]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

Sure, there are the so called credible newspapers and channels, then there are the not so credible ones...however, look into who actually owns and operates these 'credible' sources, before you leap to the conclusion that if the MSM is not reporting, it must be bunk.

The whole of the worlds MSM, including papers, radio, TV and cable - are owned, operated and ultimately censored by small handful of mega rich, establishment entrenched tarts.

If TPTB don't want a certain story ran, you can be sure it won't be run.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Denver
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

"We cease to believe in the unknowable but there it sits nevertheless calmly licking its chops." Arhtur Unknown

I love the mental picture this conjures.

Licking it's chops, classic.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by converge

Sometimes the truth is out there, in the most unpredictable places. For example, everyone laughs at the National Enquirer but they definitely hit the nail on the head with John Edwards/mistress/secret baby story when no other news magazine at the time was covering it.

You know why people believed that particular story by the National Enquirer? Because they published the evidence they had of said affair. What evidence has India Daily published supporting these allegations? None. So they are obviously not comparable situations.

And it's not as if people don't take the National Enquirer and India Daily seriously for no reason, people merely act like that because of the track record of these publications.

[edit on 28-9-2009 by converge]

That wasn't my point. My point is that the truth is out there, and it's not always in the general media "acceptable" places.

I'm not saying I believe this article or not. I'm saying that sometimes where there's smoke, there's fire. We'll see what happens down the road with this, if anything.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I don't rule out the possibility of extraterrestrial life on the moon, in fact science in the last years has shown us what some organisms are capable to do in extreme circumstances, survive (from a human point of view).

After all NASA has no importance at all, isn't there a department in the military that gets twice the spending NASA does for space exploration?! And if that's the case, you don't know anything about the possibilities of space exploration to this date, sry, classified....

[edit on 28-9-2009 by Clairaudience]

[edit on 28-9-2009 by Clairaudience]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I'm not saying I believe this article or not. I'm saying that sometimes where there's smoke, there's fire. We'll see what happens down the road with this, if anything.

I guess some people don't mind believing there's a fire somewhere because someone tells them there's one. I understand how some like and have nothing else better to do other than to chase smoke. If that's their thing, have at it.

Personally, on the other hand, I prefer some form of proof of a fire so I can actually go to a real fire and watch it burn or try to put it out.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by converge

I guess some people don't mind believing there's a fire somewhere because someone tells them there's one. I understand how some like and have nothing else better to do other than to chase smoke. If that's their thing, have at it.

Personally, on the other hand, I prefer some form of proof of a fire so I can actually go to a real fire and watch it burn or try to put it out.

"Some people", if you mean ME, leave it open for discussion. I'm not saying I believe this article or not - but I do try to keep an open mind. And as far as believing what "someone" tells me - I'm fully capable of coming to my OWN conclusions after reading more research (from both sides) about any topic, thanks.

[edit on 28-9-2009 by Orion65]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Helmkat

I truly believe this 'human centric' condition you talk of, in my view plagues our species, and has done so now for centuries.
It is, imo THE only reason we do not have open contact as of now.

This mindset of superior arrogance, of a special place in the cosmos, a divine species, is our collective ball and chain regarding open contact.

We act like children...nasty children..and we'd kick supernanny in the chops, as soon as look at her!

'They' know this, If i were them, i wouldn't fancy openly landing among a planet full of spiteful, selfish, greedy, nasty children either!

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by jimmyx

Read my post a bit earlier about that very point..Star for you matey.

sorry there spikey...my bad... i guess i should learn to press the "search" button...but i just got excited, because NASA has been full of crap for years.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Hey, No worries J,

I wasn't saying it like that, i just thought you might like to read it, seeing as we are thinking along the same lines.

Weird though..that all of the six separate mission sample returns were considered to be contaminated from the earth due to leaky containers eh?

Cheers

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The one thing that does amuse me are the claims that these agencies (including NASA) are housed by ignorant fools. Either I detect jealousy at work, or people are incredibly ignorant of these agencies.

Every time I see a show or special about NASA, or read anything about NASA, I'm constantly amazed at how cutting edge and brilliant these folks are. That people try to play them off as bumbling bafoons is really puzzling. I'd hazard a guess that 90% of their employees are smarter than 95% of the people that post here.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by consciencious observer
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

I have to agree with king on this one guy. The elite want us to at least think that nasa is incompetent. Its called a front organization.

You see how it works is nasa is given a small little chunk of change,
( I believe the last time I saw the numbers it was about 13 billion which is ridiculously low for something that will undeniably keep our civilization out of the sh** ) and are allowed to play with their toy rockets but not allowed to move beyond that to electrograv propulsion or anything of the sort....becaaause the elite horde all the good stuff for their own private agenda. I'm not saying they have all these stations on other planets or any of the other extreme theories. Although it is completely possible the physics and the mechanics behind such devices is more than feasible.

If you can't see this then I say sir how could you possibly call yourself a logical thinker of any sort

Wow you took the keystrokes right away from my fingertips. We have got to understand that the elite arent stupid. They have been fooling and deceiving Presidents, Agencies, and governments for years. Why do people always think they have uncovered some sort of interplanetary super-hoax? Or think that some reporter even has a clue what is really going on up there? There are NASA six-figure employees who dont even know. I dont even know whats going on across the street. How do you think they got into power in the first place!? I mean this in the least complimentary way, but they are intelligent people. Just look at us. Look at me. All we can do is merely speculate something that somebody else may or may not have even heard. A couple days go by, and the thread is pushed aside so we may sit around and speculate about another one. We love to be intrigued but we ignore the fact that we are insignificant, powerless, and it will always be that way. The world WILL always have a ruling class I promise.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

I agree if your so smart why have you not landed on the moon? or if your in the other camp- why have you not fooled the world in believing it?
Ether way there must be some brilliant fools at NASA.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Phage has pointed out that the equipment is as used by NASA, (Nasa’s Moon Mineralogy Mapper) known as M3. I don't see anything to say if it is a constant substance of presumably water ice "all over" I'll leave that to the experts. I just can't see the immediate need to connect water with ET's as this story is doing. The water/ice found on Mars is thought to be 99% pure, so logically the linked article should be making the same statement as to ET's on Mars.

www.discoveryon.info...

Just to add that the interesting thing in the link above, is that the water ice extends well beyond the poles on Mars, and the thinking is of a higher humidity on Mars much more recent than previously thought...a few thousand years perhaps.

[edit on 28-9-2009 by smurfy]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Keep in mind that when the scientists say they've detected 'water', they're talking about stray molecules that make the moon dust only one tenth as wet as sand from the Sahara Desert, instead of what they had thought it was, one hundredth as wet. Keep those real scales in context.

By the new 'lunar water' standards, even dry concrete (3% water by weight) is a swamp compared to moon dust (up to 0.1% water by weight on good days).

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

wow i guess skeptics are lazier that previously thought it took me about 2 min to find quite a few different articles confirming the OP. Now I ask you all is the times full of as much proverbial poo as India daily...

At no point did any skeptic in this conversation doubt that there is evidence of water on the moon. The issue here is the claim, un-sourced and unsupported, that the Indian space agency is going to force NASA into disclosure of some sort.

This thread has gone off the rails into the territory of the ridiculous. Serious thought and discussion has been buried under speculation-taken-as-fact, rumor-mongering, skeptic-baiting and special pleading. There seems to be little in the way of critical thought. When did the attitude of the believers become "Don't trust the government but trust everyone else as long as they say what we want to hear"?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
converge:""Personally, on the other hand, I prefer some form of proof of a fire so I can actually go to a real fire and watch it burn or try to put it out. ""

The proof of fire or at least the proof of smoke right now would be the official confirmation of water on the moon. And where there is smoke, there might be fire. So, where there is water there might be life.
And the article of the indian paper may be not so unintelligent, because western and u.s. scientists (including Nasa) were saying all the time that water and water alone is the sole basic element to even make life possible and that they could not find proof of water on other planets in the universe which means that there can only be life on earth.

Now, that water is confirmed on the moon by indian gvt. maybe they want to give u.s. gvt. the chance to reveal all the other information by themselves so they can keep their face in front of the own population at least (and not appear as total liars and thus condemning india for bringing them in that situation without prior warning).....aka diplomacy

p.s.: it is of course a ridiculous concept for many, many people that aliens exist on the moon, but the extraterrestial-existense-confirmation-card would best be played to distract from other grave problems like economic depression and loosing war.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Which posits a very logical question if nasa has the proof and the device to do it. Why are we bombing the moon?

Because the evidence is not yet conclusive. It may not be water but hydroxyl molecules. Though the discovery of hydroxyl is still significant; combined with hydrogen, it would be a source of freshwater for any future missions/colonies.

LCROSS, a probe that will soon smash into a permanently shadowed crater on the moon, might help answer some of the lingering questions. The controlled impact will send up a plume of material into the light, so scientists can get a better look at what's inside.
Source

Also from the article, something the anti-science/skeptic believers should considers...

Overall, Taylor noted that he had previously been a staunch proponent of the dry-moon theory, but he is elated to be proven wrong.

"That's how science goes," he said. "It's about changing your mind about things."

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
To return to the conspiracy angle, could it be that all the NASA bashing and the complete stupidity of failing to do something as simple as convert english to metric is part of false flag?;
Not comprehending in advance that there may be some amount of cohesion in Martian soil, hence the oven debacle;
The constant plummetting of ours, and Soviet, tax $ into the Martian tundra for lack of a forethought?;
Not seeing the trees for the forest;
The conspiracy is, is NASA the scape-goat for what is coming?
i.e., how could the almighty NASA have not seen this coming when some fledge space agencies have been ringing the bell for years?
Kinda tells on itself, I think.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Hi Jim,
This is a link to a NDTV story by NASA/India project dated 25/09/09, (same date as the Mars story in my previous link)?? the actual water form is not mentioned at all, other than the comment that NASA have several theories about it.

www.ndtv.com...

[edit on 28-9-2009 by smurfy]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join