It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masons don't believe Jesus was Son of God.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jokei

In every conspiracy sites....Freemasons are using False flag identity to manupulate opinions and to spread propaganda.

With all my respect..., i am sorry but i don't beleive ALL the members here, who are bashing conspiracy theorists and saying they are not freemasons.

This freemason's strategy is in my opnion disgraceful and it only shows how dishonest freemasons are...

i am sorry but it just make me mad....could freemasons respect the OP please...

Thank you

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by kingswillquiver
Then why do you use a Holy Book?

For the moral and spiritual lessons that it may teach to the willing recipient.

Particularly tolerence of others.

Would you consider the 10 Commandments a moral and spiritual lesson

Or are you just concerned with Solomon?

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow18433

Shadow, I know you probably don't agree with some of the things I've said in this thread, but I appreciate you defending my freedom of speech.

Of the years of research I've done, the only reason I can find for
freemasonry is to discredit Jesus, and consequently the bible, and
ultimately, God.

It's a war against faith..

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kingswillquiver

Too many 'shall nots' in these Commandments for me not to think that they were developed by people to have power of people and there is nothing divine in them.

Most of them seem to be common sense, then there is a bit of voodoo and some strange threats thrown in.

Why couldn't god also have said " Do these things" and given us commandments that foster positivity, not negativity.

Nah, I don't buy this 'god' business, sorry.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Come on, please - there are a lot of people here that are asking you valid, well thought out questions. I suggest you are just a troll trying to whip-up some kind of furore for your own personal entertainment and think it would be more appropriate to call in the mods to shut this down as you're unwilling/unable to enter into an adult discussion of your views.

As to my avatar and the link you posted, you may have realised if you read through the site (that I am very familiar with) that the "Great Cthulhu" is a fictional work created by the author H.P. Lovecraft - I can highly recommend his works of fiction as they are quite entertaining.

Please if you would have the kindness to answer my points...

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Would you consider the 10 Commandments a moral and spiritual lesson

Yes, with the exception of working six days and keeping the Sabbath holy. This philosphy is in my opinion a bit outdated.

Or are you just concerned with Solomon?

As far as I know there is no historical evidence that Solomon or his father David were real figures. Why does this even matter?

[edit on 27-9-2009 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Here's the issue. Christian believe Jesus was the Son of God, because the bible says so.

Many thanks to kingswillquiver for demonstrating an abject lesson in why mankind's history has been littered with religious strife and why one's religion is not discussed in Masonry.

As an Anglican, I believe in the Holy Trinity and conduct myself accordingly. However, why is it that I am supposed to cast out an otherwise good man in my Lodge because he is Sikh or Jewish? If his actions on this plane are above reproach, who am I to anticipate the judgment of the Supreme Being? I'm sorry if I'm going to disappoint you and your ilk by refusing to make Hell on Earth.

Nothing has changed, it has just gotten worse as the Freemason main job is to protect the bankers and their interests.

So yes, Freemasonry is the ultimate anti-Christ religion.

Ah! Got that bedsheet ready kinswillquiver?

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Ok, I can only assure you I'm not a mason - I'm sure the only thing I've posted in a "pro-mason" sense is that they seem to be able to argue in an informed, adult manner - the reason I delved into this thread was because I saw yet another poorly structured reactionary argument put forwards, which is detrimental to ATS as a whole - I really don't care one way or another about masons.

This:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Is a fairly good example of my attitude to Troll/Hoax threads...

This is an example of "Trolling":
en.wikipedia.org...(Internet)

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
If I appear to be antagonizing, I assure you I am not.

However, I do want to know your views on the response I made on the last page.

You claim that FreeMasonry is the anti-Christ based off of the beliefs of one Mason.
These beliefs are in conflict with yours, and due to this you black list the entire organization.

However, these beliefs are not intrinsic to Masonry, nor unique to Masonry.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Actually, a reasonable argument can be made that the likes of kingswillquiver are emblematic of the AntiChrist that they so love to accuse others of being because they are not mindful of Jesus' instruction to "love thy neighbour as thyself".

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon
Actually, a reasonable argument can be made that the likes of kingswillquiver are emblematic of the AntiChrist that they so love to accuse others of being because they are not mindful of Jesus' instruction to "love thy neighbour as thyself".

Jesus said, Love God, and love thy neighbor.

How convenient you leave out the love God part.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Well, like a lot of biblical quotes, there are some very good ideas in there and I would say that the 10 commandments are a pretty useful set of rules for living, maybe the god part doesn't bear relevance for some people?

It doesn't bear any for me, yet I desire to be "good" and live my life well. Considering you've been on ATS for at least an hour since your posting of this thread, you're not responding to a lot of valid points being made and frankly your response to my avatar AND NOT MY STATEMENTS was juvenille and baiting.

I suggest you start responding to peoples points for fear of making yourself look more foolish.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

As a non-religious and non-believer in god I still apply the good of the 10 commandments in my life, without the religious overtones, because as I've said previously, they make good sense....however, the ones that don't make sense I disregard....so I can love my neighbour without loving something I don't believe in, so it is convenient for me to leave out the god part.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

It's very nearly a valid statement you have made, unfortunately the only "Revelation" the OP has made is that Masons don't believe Jesus was the son of God - which isn't really a revelation, it's possibly applicable to some masons, as the masons on here have stated/shown.

The OP has done nothing/nor presented anything to further reveal anything, just making one-liners, most of which are bastardised bible quotes as opposed to his/her own thoughts and/or RESEARCH. This is only opinion, it's like having a heated debate over what's the best soda, present some research/fact.

I think it's potentially an interesting topic, although as I said I don't really care about Masons - just not that interested.

Can any Masons on here post some links to criteria for joining up? Does it state in there anywhere about religious views being welcome?

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jokei

Well, like a lot of biblical quotes, there are some very good ideas in there and I would say that the 10 commandments are a pretty useful set of rules for living, maybe the god part doesn't bear relevance for some people?

It doesn't bear any for me, yet I desire to be "good" and live my life well. Considering you've been on ATS for at least an hour since your posting of this thread, you're not responding to a lot of valid points being made and frankly your response to my avatar AND NOT MY STATEMENTS was juvenille and baiting.

I suggest you start responding to peoples points for fear of making yourself look more foolish.

I have avoided responding to you because I didn't want to offend you,
but if you insist.

I find atheism detestable.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I find atheism detestable.

So what if you had

1. a christian in one room - who raped young boys -
2. an atheist in another room who spent her whole life making the world a better place for children and their families?

Which one would be more detestable?
And which room would you feel better leaving your children?

[edit on 27-9-2009 by spinkyboo]

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

If your believe in God, you believe in the 10 Commandments, specifically

3 Do not have any other gods before me.

One cannot believe in the Commandments of God and belong to Freemasonry.

kingswillquiver, I thought you were Christian,

Old Testament especially the first 5 books is known as the Torah!

The 10 commandments as I understand it, is part of the Old Testament, Christians are supposed to be following New Testament laws.

Also 'God' is a generic term in the 3rd commandment,

It doesn't say 'jesus', and Masons as i understand it, believe in 'God', depending on which faith they follow.

Also the thread title should be more appropriate:
"One Mason doesn't believe Jesus was the Son of God"

Or even MORE accurately:

"AugustusMasonicus a Mason - Doesn't believe Jesus was the Son of God"

[edit on 27/9/2009 by Im a Marty]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jokei
...unfortunately the only "Revelation" the OP has made is that Masons don't believe Jesus was the son of God

Well, technically is was only one Mason he ws refering to.

Can any Masons on here post some links to criteria for joining up? Does it state in there anywhere about religious views being welcome?

The only requirements are that you believe in a Supreme Being and are not a convicted felon. You must also ask a to join.

All religious views are welcome as long as you have the above-mentioned belief in Diety.

I have found that the people I have encountered in my Masonic experiences have always been exceptionally tolerant of others and their viewpoints, whether religious or otherwise. In a way it is a bit reminiscent of this thread where Above Top Secret members of all backgrounds seem to be in consensus on how to respect and treat each others opinions/beliefs. To me this is what lodge essentially is, recognizing that we are all brothers, despite or, more importantly, due to our differences. Free will is the greatest gift that can be utilized by all persons.

[edit on 27-9-2009 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinkyboo
1. a christian in one room - who raped young boys -
2. an atheist in another room who spent her whole life making the world a better place for children and their families?

Which one would be more detestable?

I think the Atheist would be acting in a more 'Christian' way. You do not need religion to be a good person, you only need your moral compass and the occasional support of others when times become difficult.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join