It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why am i so stressed over a pizza shop job?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
i friggin hate it.
i make crap money and i work crap hours and i am stressed to the max.

yesterday i was there and one of the managers told me to make dough. so i started on it and did one rack. as i went to start the second rack the other manager told me not to do it cause there was other things that were more important.
so, i stopped doing dough and went onto something else.

now here it is my day off and the manager that told me not to do it calls me in to see if i want to make dough today....hell no i don't want to man. it's my day off.

i called the store manager and she talked to her husband who worked in the morning and he said dough does not even need to be made. this guy is probably just calling me in so he don't have to worry about it tomorrow morning.

damn i hate that place. stressing me all out over a minimum wage pizza shop job.

i need to get me GED so i can get a better job.

/end rant

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by thing fish

Ever try a fish shop (aka, a chippy)?

It pays the same money, has the same neanderthal management style and an ad hoc culture, ... but it deals with things called fish!!

Right up ur street IMO.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
It seems like that doesn't it? The worse the job pays, the worse the job is.

Just thank your lucky stars that you don't work with Chaldeans.

I keep telling myself every day that it's lucky that I have a job.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I will take your job any day. It is better than the horror of being unemployed. If I have to read War and Peace again to occupy my time I will go freaking nuts!

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
He is probably aware that you're trying to lay pipe to his wife, man. Sounds like it's time to get another job.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

There are some programs that pay for you to go to school and earn your high school diploma. Go to a community center or employment center and see what they can do to help you improve yourself.

If you quit that job, the next one will be worse. They are high turnover jobs, and the bosses know it. With high unemployment, they also know they can treat you like sh#t.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

i'm not quitting it. jobs are scarce around here.
i am going to the community center on wed or thu to sign up for the ged classes. they are free

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I feel your pain, Thing Fish. Crap jobs suck major b*lls. You are doing the right thing by hanging in there and sticking with it. Best of luck with your classes. I'm pullin' for you!

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Ooooh I know what you mean! I work at a Pizza Hut all-you-can eat restaurant (you can also order pizaas to your table) and it's extremely popular because there's only 19 left in Australia and the next one is about 3 days drive away from my store.
Anyway, it's probably the most high stress job you can get in fast-food. (I would say hospitality, but I've worked in higher stress restaurants.)

I've worked on front counter for three years and have been taken off because smeg-head customers are going to give me a break down.
It's school holidays at the moment & where I live is one of the main tourist destinations for Aus, so naturally we get A LOT of national and international customers. It seems as though they pick the couple of things that are take away to order for dine in and then argue with you when you explain it's not available for dine in. I had one woman personally attack me because we don't serve small pizza's to the restaurant. (I know it's stupid that we don't, but as I explained to her; I don't make the rules.)
Since I've been on 'cut' (cutting pizzas for take-away & dine-in) I've noticed when there's less than 4 pizzas on the bar, people stare at you like you're some kind of leper or something.
Tonight for example; I had a 15 pizza order and a 12 pizza order about to go in, coming out of the top oven (take away) & around 14 pizzas as well as trays of garlic bread & chips coming out of the bottom one (dine in) and only a few pizzas on the bar.....there were about 30 people standing around the bar staring at me, and when I tried to put more pizzas on the bar not one person would get out of my way & then two people started asking me questions; one being the ever so popular 'is there anymore pizzas coming out?' *NOOOO! Sorry we've run outta stock, moron*
I could go on forever about customers, but I'm getting too angry just thinking about it. :bnghd:

So now on to my second rant, the expectations. There's only one thing annoying me at the moment & that's the fact that I'm working 51 hours this week & doing 9 days straight. I know it's not that much compared to some jobs, but when you're running a restaurant (the nights I'm not on cut I'm matre' D, which is every other night) it can be pretty physically demanding. I was forced into covering a close shift on my only day off after working 13 hrs the day before because other staff are too god d**n lazy to help out.

You may think I'm just a whinger but once you know everything that's involved in my job, you might understand where I'm coming from. Also, the fact I don't get over-time or penalty rates or any other bonuses all adds to my anger.
Sorry if this isn't making any sense, I'm just brain dead.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
well i work at little caesers...home of the $5 hot and ready pizza.
lemme tell ya man people want that crap like yesterday.
sunday there was an order for 100 pizzas. talk about crappy

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I am glad you are getting your GED. Most of us here have had our share of crap jobs. Fast food chains can be the worst, but security companies are the worst when it comes to getting people to come to work at all hours.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Sorry about my rant yesterday, I just re-read it & I sound like a whiner. Customers are going to be the end of me, is all.
I think I'd neck myself if my store decided to do 5$ hot & ready, I'm now thankful I have a 10 - 15 min wait on orders.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
man how i feel you pain ): i tryed a job as a bartender in a drunken bar,the hours and days were too much,the nights had too much job (cleaning glasses like mad) and the people working with me were mean...so screw them
i can be a security guard and i wont work under stress (:
find another job as soon as u can

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JulietStewart

If I ever go to Australia, Europe, or anywhere else in the world, the last place I would want to eat is an international chain. I can go to Mickey Dee's or Pizza Hut anytime.

I would ask the locals where the best places are for local cuisine. One reason one goes out of the country is to sample the culture and especially the food.

(I just have to laugh when I hear of people going to other countries only to eat at fast foods. Why not stay home and save yourself some money?)

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Ahh I agree 100%....except change Australia to the US or somewhere. At first I thought we got a lot of Americans because they don't have PH restaurants over there, but then I thought; who am I kidding? The US has everything like that. So there's really no explanation as to why we get so many....I'm guessing it's the location. Right on the beach with the most beautiful view in probably all of eastern Australia.

Originally posted by kidflash2008

I would ask the locals where the best places are for local cuisine. One reason one goes out of the country is to sample the culture and especially the food.

(I just have to laugh when I hear of people going to other countries only to eat at fast foods. Why not stay home and save yourself some money?)

You sound like someone I should travel with. I know a lot of people who are keen to travel the world to have international KFC, McD's or whatever.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Diners, Drive Ins and Dives is a popular show here. It features Mom and Pop type eateries that make some of the best food.

www.foodnetwork.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Cheers for the link, looks like an interesting show. My net is being lame and won't load the vid, but I'll check it out when I can. I've seen Guy Fieri somewhere before. He looks like a douche.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Mr Fieri is actually pretty cool in the show. He has one huge appetite, and is amusing to watch. He looks weird, but he has a big heart (and big stomach).

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Make it a learning lesson.

Watch how they do things and think how you could do it better.

If their management style sucks remember it and if you someday you are in a position of authority treat people right.

All jobs suck. It is rare when you find a person that loves their job if they are working for someone else.

My first job at 16 was washing dishes at a steak house. You think making dough sucks. Try spending 8 hours in a steamy room,wet with nasty garbage in a bin beside you.

Most of the time the floor drain was plugged and I was walking in a inch of water.

That is not the worse part. I worked for my dad!

You kids have easy.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by calcoastseeker]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

mc donald in other countrys are totally different. went to one, always epmty, food was actually healthier, AND thye served beer.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join