It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US giant bunker-buster bomb project rushed since Iran's Qom site discovered

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
www.debka.com

The Pentagon has brought forward to December 2009 the target-date for producing the first 15-ton super bunker-buster bombs (GBU-57A/B) Massive Ordinance Penetrator, which can reach a depth of 60.09 meters underground before exploding. The Pentagon has ordered the number of bombs rolling off the production line increased from four to ten - a rush job triggered in May by the discovery that Iran was hiding a second uranium enrichment plant under a mountain near Qom - a discovery which prompted this week's international outcry.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27-9-2009 by princeofpeace]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Well this is certainly interesting. I have seen many reports about the new bunker busters and have read from many sources that they were speeding up production, but this is the latest thing ive seen. It looks like the US "could" be gearing up for something here if talks and sanctions fail. I just wonder if the US is even going to get a chance to test out its new bunker busters before Israel does something first?

www.debka.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

*boom*

Obama, The Mad Bomber

Looks like this has been in the works for a while. Not surprised.

I'm just looking forward to the liberals justifying THIS war as compared to the ones they hated when Bush was president.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
I'm just looking forward to the liberals justifying THIS war as compared to the ones they hated when Bush was president.

I'm looking forward to the draft!!! I can't wait to see all the hippies and anti war protesters that were whining about Bush get their draft notices!

Hope and change; ain't it great?

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Found this quote while looking for another.

Everyone's a pacifist between wars. It's like being a vegetarian between meals. ~Colman McCarthy

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Dang, that's like a zillion Iran threads in the shortest amount of time yet.

Something is definitely really close, and it looks like America wants a piece of it, too.

So their time table is December, huh? I was thinking this might all happen end of October type of thing, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

It's sad that we attack folks for nothing, but I guess there's nothing you can do. They've got most Americans going for it, too.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
And sounds like they have the UK, Germany and France on board too and no telling who else. Sounds like this war will have more of a "coalition" similar to Gulf War 1.

Originally posted by MegaCurious
Dang, that's like a zillion Iran threads in the shortest amount of time yet.

Something is definitely really close, and it looks like America wants a piece of it, too.

So their time table is December, huh? I was thinking this might all happen end of October type of thing, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

It's sad that we attack folks for nothing, but I guess there's nothing you can do. They've got most Americans going for it, too.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Well, apparently, something is in works. Any idea what these giant bunker busters yield? The war drum is getting louder. Let's hope it can be resolved before the first shots are fired, because I fear hell will be unleashed on the earth. Something the world hasn't seen since the second World War but this time nukes are involved to a greater degree than before. That is truly scary for all involved. Plus the devastation it will cause to the oil business, prices will shoot through the roof. This conflict may be the big one everyone has been expecting for years. Time will tell, though.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by princeofpeace

*boom*

Obama, The Mad Bomber

Looks like this has been in the works for a while. Not surprised.

Will Obama become Obomber? I hope not. What do the little people get from these wars?

Recently the super rich have gotten a bail out the little people will get the flu shots.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Here's your specs (keep in mind the largest current bunker buster is 5,000 pounds-this one is 30,000 pounds). That is HEAVY!

Length: 20.5 feet (6 m) [5]
Diameter: 31.5 inches (1 m) [6]
Weight: 30,000 pounds (13.6 metric tons)
Warhead: 5,300 pounds (2.4 metric tons) high explosive
Penetration:
200 ft (61 m) of 5,000 psi (34 MPa) reinforced concrete
26 ft (8 m) of 10,000 psi (69 MPa) reinforced concrete
130 ft (40 m) of moderately hard rock

Originally posted by Jakes51
Well, apparently, something is in works. Any idea what these giant bunker busters yield? The war drum is getting louder. Let's hope it can be resolved before the first shots are fired, because I fear hell will be unleashed on the earth. Something the world hasn't seen since the second World War but this time nukes are involved to a greater degree than before. That is truly scary for all involved. Plus the devastation it will cause to the oil business, prices will shoot through the roof. This conflict may be the big one everyone has been expecting for years. Time will tell, though.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I dont think USA can politically, morally & financially enter into a new war. Besides I have serious doubts US Govt. will actually launch attacks on Iran when they did'nt launched on country like North Korea or Israel when they acquired nuclear weapons.

Also as per the latest news source I think it says Iran has allowed IAEA to inspect it's reactors. To me there seems no reason to attack Iran even if it acquires Nukes since their neighbours have it too that also without IAEA mandate.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Here's your specs (keep in mind the largest current bunker buster is 5,000 pounds-this one is 30,000 pounds). That is HEAVY!

Length: 20.5 feet (6 m) [5]
Diameter: 31.5 inches (1 m) [6]
Weight: 30,000 pounds (13.6 metric tons)
Warhead: 5,300 pounds (2.4 metric tons) high explosive
Penetration:
200 ft (61 m) of 5,000 psi (34 MPa) reinforced concrete
26 ft (8 m) of 10,000 psi (69 MPa) reinforced concrete
130 ft (40 m) of moderately hard rock

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/92aa7b2127c0.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Yeah, great idea, seriously. We need to sort out Iran fast!

But these things weigh 15 tonnes and are huge. Would a B2 be able to carry and drop one? What else could do it without being shot down?

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

Here's a little bit more info

US developing bunker-buster bombs

Super bombs are being fast-tracked by the Pentagon for possible use against nuclear programs in North Korea and Iran. So massive, the GBU-57A/B or Massive Ordnance Penetrator or MOP can only be delivered by a B-52 or a B-2A.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Just a question. If you're so "convinced" änd outspoken to the outside world you have a peacefull program ,why building them all underground? I dont know western countries building their reactors and centrifuges underground...

karma i quess?

[edit on 27-9-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The reason they rush this project could be that the US dont want Israel [or themselves or other allies ]to use nuclear tipped warheads but a "regular" buster to get the job done..

[edit on 27-9-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
It's actually scary to think about it, penetrating 60 meters before exploding is ridiculous. I really hope that this is not an indication that a decision to bomb Iran has already been made, that would be terrible news.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Ah ha, superb! So the B2 Stealth can carry these huge mothers, what are we waiting for then? North Korea and Iran here we come, then finally we can all live in peace!!!

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Thats a big new toy.

I wonder what several could do , spaced apart a few seconds each???

Now, the conspiracy nut in me requires me to ask............

Will any be sold/given to Israel???

Can Israel get it to the right spot and launch it accurately ......(enough)??

The big thing I get is small nuclear power in a "non-nuclear" weapon.

but, what do I know????????

[edit on 9/27/2009 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by minkey53

Here's a little bit more info

US developing bunker-buster bombs

Super bombs are being fast-tracked by the Pentagon for possible use against nuclear programs in North Korea and Iran. So massive, the GBU-57A/B or Massive Ordnance Penetrator or MOP can only be delivered by a B-52 or a B-2A.

thats interesting since the [israeli] f15 or f16´s can not deliver these babies, seems like this GBU job is up to the US

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join