It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Bank says don't take dollar's place for granted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

World Bank President Robert Zoellick said the United States should not take the dollar's status as the world's key reserve currency for granted because other options are emerging.

In excerpts released on Sunday from a speech that he is to deliver on Monday, Zoellick said global economic forces were shifting and it was time now to prepare for the fact that growth will come from multiple sources.

"The United States would be mistaken to take for granted the dollar's place as the world's predominant reserve currency," he said. "Looking forward, there will increasingly be other options.

We need a system of international political economy that reflects a new multi-polarity of growth," Zoellick said. It needs to integrate rising economic powers as 'responsible stakeholders' while recognizing that these countries are still home to hundreds of millions of poor and face staggering challenges of development.".
news.yahoo.com...

The dollars days are numbered.
I think we will be seeing the crash of the dollar and a new American revolution resulting in states splintering off into autonomous nations. But thats just me.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb

The dollars days are numbered.
I think we will be seeing the crash of the dollar and a new American revolution resulting in states splintering off into autonomous nations. But thats just me.

Fedgov as it exist today really doesn't have much in common with the limited-role government that our founding fathers set up. The sooner fedgov dissolves, the better.

Then we can stop this empire building nonsense and get back to manufacturing, real liberty and common sense (all of which are in short supply).

new topics

join