It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brain scans reveal what you've seen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Brain scans reveal what you've seen

www.cnn.com

To construct their model, the researchers used an fMRI machine, which measures blood flow through the brain, to track neural activity in three people as they looked at pictures of everyday settings and objects.

As in the earlier study, they looked at parts of the brain linked to the shape of objects. Unlike before, they looked at regions whose activity correlates with general classifications, such as "buildings" or "small groups of people."

Once the model was calibrated, the test subjects looked at another set of pictures. After interpreting the resulting neural patterns, the researc
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
This has very interesting applications in the future. Personally, I would love to watch my dreams in hi-depth while awake (and terrorize other people in my life with how whacked they are). But, the flip side: a replacement for lie detectors. We can see the crime that a took place through their eyes.

Sci fi gone real. This really is a cool technology.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
This looks interesting, Too bad CNN doesnt work for me

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
One of the problems with this technology being utilized in law enforcement is the right to not encriminate yourself. You better believe if this tech is perfected it won't be an option given to a criminal, it will be used just like forcibly taking blood for a DUI. Definatley be interesting to see where this tech goes and how it develops though.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
one step closer to minority report

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Repost

Already covered this a few days back.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

Indeed...

new topics