It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

winter is fast approaching

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
and it sucks. i can feel the weather change already. there is a nip in the air. leaves have already started to fall off the trees.
before you know it there is gonna be mad snow on the ground. well i can look forward to being depressed for the next 6 months

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
*sigh
yes it is.
already stocking up the cupboards, the freezer..my book supply, and buying up some new warm blankets.
this one will be a nasty one I predict.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Why does winter suck to you?

I enjoy all the different seasons.

I live in the hot south Georgia coastal area and we have had some very hot weather.

The cold air on my face is a welcome respite from the the sweat running into my eyes.

I love the crisp cool air of winter and go in search of snow every year right after Christmas.

And thankfully the mosquitoes go away in the winter season.

I'm looking forward to wearing my long flannel night gowns and sitting around the fire place remembering winters past.

Oyster roasts are most enjoyable on cold winter nights too.

[edit on 28-9-2009 by dizziedame]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by thing fish
and it sucks. i can feel the weather change already. there is a nip in the air. leaves have already started to fall off the trees.
before you know it there is gonna be mad snow on the ground. well i can look forward to being depressed for the next 6 months

Hmmmm I live in FL and I do not know of this "cold" and "snow" you talk about
All I know about is the hot sun and sand..I would love to trade places with you
you can have the sun and beach and I will gladly take your snow and cold

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I like every season for different reasons.In the winter I like coming in from the cold and having a bowl of hot soup or a good tea.
Being in Canada where we get alot of snow...like AD I am predicting the same thing.
Last year was a tough one and the year b4 that was even tougher.
This year I think will break snow fall records if the last few years are any indication.
In my city we celebrate winter with winterlude.
Its a winter festival where people come from all over the planet to show off their ice sculptures and stuff.We also have the longest outdoor skating rink in the world on the canal.
With all those beavertails I am going to eat and all the outdoor hockey I get to play its gonna be tough to not enjoy it.

This summer sucked anyways...it rained soooo much that the season was a wash.

new topics

top topics

join