It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peaceful, Permitted G20 Protest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
This thread won't get anyone's ire up or cause anyone to rage against the machine, but these people had a peaceful protest at the G20. They held their signs, chanted their chants and sang their songs.

This is what a peaceful protest looks like. It's not 13 seconds of an out-of-context video on YouTube...

Video

Thousands Opposed to G20 Marched through Pittsburgh

A vociferous but peaceful group of several thousand people marched for miles through the downtown area on Friday, united by opposition to the Group of 20 summit but expressing a diversity of mostly liberal causes as an army of stone-faced riot police watched their every move.

Dozens of black-clad anarchists were conspicuous among the demonstrators, but there was no sign of the disturbances that had resulted in arrests and property damage a day earlier.

Public safety officials said Friday night that 83 people were arrested at protests and other events and about $50,000 in property damage was done during the two-day summit, which ended Friday. They said a man who smashed store and business windows in the city's Oakland section on Thursday night was responsible for about $20,000 in damage.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

So the G20 protest was your example of a peaceful protest?

Did you happen to miss the TEA Party protests? How many times did you see the riot police called to those protests?

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Usually, most protests start as peaceful, and either wind up becoming violent because of some person becoming idiotic, stupid, or disgruntled, or worse yet, someone is sent in to act as an agent provocateur, and agitate the crowd into action that would not usually happen.

I had a discussion about the Tea Party movement with one ATS'er who stated they were a part of the original grass roots movement, and I stated it there, and I will state it again, when starting a grass roots movement, you need to watch out for the weeds, the bad seed people, and or the agent provocateurs, because once a bad seed or agent provocateur gets within the wild flowers, grass, and roots, that grass roots movement is well on its way to becoming a rotten field.

The first thing I always watch for is an agent provocateur, or someone who is mentally unstable.

This is why the militia groups were turned inside out and why they are usually negated, one nutcase, or many nutcases, or one agent provocateur, or a group of agent provocateurs get within the bounds of what is going on and divide the people against themselves.

Divide and Conquer works, plain and simple, if you look for the weakest link.

In a protest, the weakest link is usually a lack of coordination, a lack of organization, or someone who is too organized, and too coordinated.

The lack of coordination, or lack of organization gives leeway to someone taking over.

Too tightly organized, and too tightly coordinated leads towards someone pushing the buttons of those who feel they are restricted, which then leads the agent provocateurs to incite riots, violence, or stupidity.

[edit on 27-9-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
So the G20 protest was your example of a peaceful protest?

THIS particular protest is an example of a peaceful G20 protest. I posted it to add some perspective to all the police action videos that have been posted of non-permitted G20 protests.

Did you happen to miss the TEA Party protests? How many times did you see the riot police called to those protests?

The Tea Party protests were fine examples of peaceful protests, too. But my point was to balance out the other G20 protest videos that are being posted.
No need to start spitting partisan accusations just yet.

[edit on 27-9-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Great point! Most of the police action videos I'm seeing of the G20 are snippets taken out of context. We can't really tell much from them because we don't know what happened before to cause things to get out of hand. .

Truth be told, I support the grassroots Tea Party Movement, but you're right, the weeds can take over.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Great point! Most of the police action videos I'm seeing of the G20 are snippets taken out of context. We can't really tell much from them because we don't know what happened before to cause things to get out of hand. .

Truth be told, I support the grassroots Tea Party Movement, but you're right, the weeds can take over.

Most people would not know how to spot an agent provocateur, let alone know what one is, so this is why these events are so susceptible to them infiltrating to begin with.

Wow, I found out that Wikipedia already has a 2009 G-20 Pittsburgh Summit page.

I have a feeling that the G-20 Summit is all about the things the thread below covers.

The Creature from Jekyll Island : A Second Look at the Federal Reserve

Feel free to come over and check it out anytime, BH, and of course I would love to have you on the thread with your thoughts on it.

I am going to edit my last post and insert this thread in it so I have covered all the ground.

new topics

top topics

join