It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 out of 10 Obese Patients Die from Swine flu

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rawhemp
Sucks for the fattys maybe they shoulda thought about eating healthy? If your scared of swine flu its because you don't eat right, people who eat enough organic fruits, vegetables, seeds and nuts have nothing to worry about. Hopefully the swine flu kills everyone who eats mcdonalds, one can only dream.....

Wow! What a jackass!
There are a lot of people who are overweight through no fault of their own. Fluoride in the water and raw broccoli or cauliflower destroys the thyroid. There are any number of diseases that contribute to obesity. Disabled people are barely able to walk to the bathroom so jogging is out of the question.

Not all "fatties" eat at McDonalds. Some grow their own food and eat a healthy diet. The incredibly stressful lifestyle contributes to cortisol production which also makes people fat.

Besides your astounding level of ignorance on the subject, the crass eugenicist statement implying that people who don't fit into your idea of "worthy" should all die is simply stunning. Dream on, twiggy.

To the reasonable posters: since it's the cytokine storm that kills you with this flu, efforts to fight that should be at the forefront of our efforts. As was mentioned earlier in this thread, and I've mentioned before as well, N-Acetyl Cysteine helps combat cytokine storm. I also took Oregano oil, megadoses of Vit. C. Sorry to say that colloidal silver did not touch this virus.

Any kind of expectorant to help break up the excessive mucus production and get it out of your body is useful. Be wary because a lot of over-the-counter cough syrups have an expectorant and a cough supressant in them. Those just cancel each other out. Get the expectorant only.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by xelamental
I say it's a good incentive to get off your ass and go running every day

Running is pretty harsh exercise - specially if you don't do it right... I only run to save my pretty face and I still maintain I am right whenever I'm drunk

Swimming would be a better option, defo for the larger person, the water supports you and fat people in speedos is a special thing.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I never said anything about livestock, I'm talking about vegetation. How are they gonna decide what is considered food and what is considered landscape decoration?? Who's to say that lemon tree in my front yard isn't there for decoration only? I could see how this could work for livestock but they could never ever make this work with vegetation. It just wouldn't be reasonable

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave

Wow! What a jackass!
There are a lot of people who are overweight through no fault of their own. Fluoride in the water and raw broccoli or cauliflower destroys the thyroid. There are any number of diseases that contribute to obesity. Disabled people are barely able to walk to the bathroom so jogging is out of the question.

Not all "fatties" eat at McDonalds. Some grow their own food and eat a healthy diet. The incredibly stressful lifestyle contributes to cortisol production which also makes people fat.

Besides your astounding level of ignorance on the subject, the crass eugenicist statement implying that people who don't fit into your idea of "worthy" should all die is simply stunning. Dream on, twiggy.

Your the only ignorant jackass in this thread, its IMPOSSIBLE(yes impossible!) to be fat if you eat right. Healthy eating does not include cooked grains, overly cooked foods, most legumes or conventional produce. Show one example of some one who eats primarily fruits/vegetables and is fat. Just one and i'll believe you, untill then your the ignorant one. People who voluntarily poison themselves and have no interest in the most important thing you have(your body) are already dead inside, if you finish them off its just gonna make the world a better place

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Another idiot that thinks you just have to exercise to lose weight.

Try exercising when you have Peripheral neuropathy from sarcoidosis and it feels like you are walking on broken glass all the time.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Rawhemp

Your little laughing emoticon at the end of your statement about "finishing people off" is disturbing in the extreme. I expect that type of attitude from the elite who think most of us (skinny, fat, democrat, republican, rich, poor, etc.) need to die off but to see it from ATS posters is alarming.

Sonny, I'll put my 30 YEARS of nursing experience up against your 2 weeks out of high school any day. Here's an excerpt from a thread I started on emerging diseases and situation x.

Hypothyroidism herbal treatments

There are things you can do to support your thyroid and kick it into stimulating some hormone for you. And there are things you can do to avoid further damaging your thyroid.

That said: bladderwrack (kelp) for iodine replacement, green oats (aveena sativa) helps support hormone function. Coleus forskohlii (makendi) helps regulate TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone), bugleweed (lycopus spp.). These all help with support of the thyroid but the ONLY thing I've found in the literature that actually stimulates TSH production is guggulu. (funny name).

If you're drinking fluoridated water--stop. Fluoride kills the pituitary. Also, there are foods that depress the thyroid: broccoli, cabbage, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, kale, spinach, turnips, soybeans, mustard greens (damaging effects are reduced by cooking these things), sugar, dairy products, wheat, caffeine, alcohol.

Essential fatty acids are needed for hormone production like flaxseed oil, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, oysters, shrimp, leafy grens, sea vegetables, walnuts, coconut oil.

Vitamins and minerals are needed to convert thyroid products into something your body can use. Calcium and magnesium (always together! in a 3:1 ratio!), selenium. L-tyrosine.

So yes, it IS possible to eat fruits and vegetables, nuts and grains and still be overweight. If your thyroid is damaged, your cortisol level is elevated, you're disabled and physically incapable of aerobic activity, you can still be fat.

What disturbs me about posters like you is that you think you'll be exempt from the herd culling to come. You may be correct in that assumption as I suspect those with your mentality and "elitist" thinking will fit right into the NWO.

You have determined that a group of human beings, "fatties", have no right to live. They should be "finished off". Is it just "fatties" or should we also lump in mentally retarded, elderly? Any other useless eaters you'd like to include in your list of PEOPLE needing to be "finished off"?

An article from Popular Science
There are many such scientific articles and studies done on obesity which are easily findable. Please avail yourself of the current literature before you start suggesting that entire segments of the population need to be "finished off".

[edit on 28-9-2009 by whitewave]

[edit on 28-9-2009 by whitewave]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye
reply to post by xelamental

I'm afraid that for some, it isn't as simple as "getting off your ass."
My 11 year old daughter is obese and was just diagnosed with cushing's syndrome. We've been trying to figure out the cause of her weight problem since she was 2. No amount of diet or exercise helps any significant amount, so this bit of info worries me. She's otherwise healthy and isn't sick very often, but I wonder what can be done to strengthen her immune system. She has to go through more tests before the condition can be treated, so I guess I better be looking into doing whatever I can to help her out and get her immune system as strong as possible.

You're right though... for those who are obese simply from laziness and not an underlying condition, this should be incentive enough for them to get moving.

I said that in jest, and tried to convey that with a smiley.

It's likely that it's the immune hyperactivity and weakness associated with obesity that is the problem, not simply the weight. As long as you are fit and otherwise healthy I wouldn't worry too much, but consult your doctor anyway ;-)

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by BaronVonGodzilla

This will be the first of many viruses that adapt to attacking the obese. Now that they are in sufficient numbers, there is enough chance for deadly viruses targeting this "new species" to survive. Whereas throughout history, it's been impossible as the numbers of fat people have been too low.

What about those who cannot run? And those whom running doesn't effect? Because many obese people have tried these things ALL THEIR LIVES to no avail.

The thin simply think fat people are lazy. That's discouraging. But fat people aren't lazy, they are weighed down and tired from it. Much has to do with genetics, those who can diet and exercise effectively, it's because their genetics allow it and their metabolism.

Those who no diet and exercise helps, I believe that is also genetics. I watched a documentary about it with Meredith Viera called Fat on Netflix. Obese people are obese for a reason, and it generally isn't because they want to be or are lazy. Despite what you may think, it's truly a disease, a terrible, painful, depressing, deadly one.

I pray for the safety of all the other fatties, and hope I am not too fat an American to survive as well.

Just remember, fatties are people too damn it!

Well, after living a large portion of my life as a professional trainer, I disagree. I've never met anyone who doesn't reach their goals if they don't give up. All the research backs me up; I've never seen a study claiming that if energy out > energy in there isn't weight loss.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Sucks for the fattys maybe they shoulda thought about eating healthy? If your scared of swine flu its because you don't eat right, people who eat enough organic fruits, vegetables, seeds and nuts have nothing to worry about. Hopefully the swine flu kills everyone who eats mcdonalds, one can only dream.....

Wow! What a jackass!

To the reasonable posters: since it's the cytokine storm that kills you with this flu, efforts to fight that should be at the forefront of our efforts. As was mentioned earlier in this thread, and I've mentioned before as well, N-Acetyl Cysteine helps combat cytokine storm. I also took Oregano oil, megadoses of Vit. C. Sorry to say that colloidal silver did not touch this virus.

Any kind of expectorant to help break up the excessive mucus production and get it out of your body is useful. Be wary because a lot of over-the-counter cough syrups have an expectorant and a cough supressant in them. Those just cancel each other out. Get the expectorant only.

Please show me a single study showing that any of what you posted above stops weight loss when energy out > energy in.

What you will find are a lot of sites making a lot of claims, and then you'll find that none of them have any scientific evidence behind them.

Fortunately losing weight is very, very simple. Perform a large amount of regular exercise, coupled with the "if it runs, swims, flies or grows + water" diet.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Rawhemp

I never said anything about livestock, I'm talking about vegetation. How are they gonna decide what is considered food and what is considered landscape decoration?? Who's to say that lemon tree in my front yard isn't there for decoration only? I could see how this could work for livestock but they could never ever make this work with vegetation. It just wouldn't be reasonable

[b] how about READING what I said before you conclude it is not reasonable. When they knock on your door and barge in to go through your refrigerator and bathroom cabinets it is a bit late, and that is not hearsay but personal experience.

I used livestock because the USDA went after livestock first. The "traceability" issue has since been applied to veggies too. As the livestock people kept trying to tell everyone. One person actually caught her VET walking around photographing everthing and the law isn't even in place!

First the law combines EPA regs, Animal Welfare as well as food growing under one Czar, Monsanto's Mike Taylor. Also they are planning to recruit ordinary people to spy for them. The moneys from fines stays within the department to fund the program. The more money and property that is confiscated the bigger the department. The bigger the department the higher the boss's pay grade so I would say that is real incentive to do dorr to door searches. The bill says a warrant is not required for those searches.

Here is how it works with a law is already in place.

Incredible as it sounds, civil asset forfeiture laws allow the government to seize property without charging anyone with a crime...

The government was allowed to keep whatever property it seized without ever having to prove a case. Seized property was presumed guilty and could be forfeited based upon mere hearsay—even a tip supplied by by an informant who stood to gain up to 25% of the forfeited assets. Owners were forced into the untenable situation of trying to prove a negative—that something never happened, even though no proof of any illegal act had been offered at trial...

Innocent owners who are never charged with a crime still must prove their innocence in complex proceedings, where many cases are lost before even coming to trial. Most forfeiture cases are never contested, [ the food safety bill does not even allow judicial review aka a trial]

Under civil asset forfeiture laws, the simple possession of cash, with no drugs or other contraband, can be considered evidence of criminal activity.
www.fear.org...

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Death by jogging

The man who invented jogging

Physical disability and obesity
Excerpt:
Obesity is becoming a serious problem in disabled individuals. [Notice that it doesn't say disability is the problem in obese patients? Although that is certainly possible, even probable. The wording suggests that the disability leads to the obesity] The mechanisms by which obesity occurs in people with physical disabilities is not clear, but pathophysiological changes of body composition and energy metabolism, physical inactivity, and muscle atrophy all favor the development of obesity. Health professionals should identify disabled patients at risk and provide early prevention guidance. Research is needed.....

Hypothyroidism and weight gain
Excerpt:
Thyroid hormones have been used as a weight loss tool in the past. Many studies have shown that excess thyroid hormone treatment can help produce more weight loss than can be achieved by dieting alone. However, once the excess thyroid hormone is stopped, the excess weight loss is usually regained. Furthermore, there may be significant negative consequences from the use of thyroid hormones to help with weight loss, such as the loss of muscle protein in addition to the loss of any body fat. Pushing the thyroid hormone dose to cause thyroid hormone levels to be elevated is unlikely to significantly change weight and may result in other metabolic problems.

effects of fluoride on thyroid

"Fortunately losing weight is very, very simple. Perform a large amount of regular exercise"

Please explain to me how someone with COPD, peripheral neuropathy, wheel-chair bound, quadraplegia, chronic fatigue syndrome, etc., etc., etc. is going to be able to perform a large amount of regular exercise.

In addition to eating a healthy, balanced diet, it is more important to maintain muscle tone than to rid oneself of excess fat.

Back on topic: In relation to the swine flu, being obese for whatever reason decreases your immunity. Any immune boosters (Vitamin C and others) should be a help but it's the over production of cytokine from the hyper excited immune system that kills people with this flu. The potential for pneumonia is also increased with any respiratory infection and pneumonia is a killer all by itself.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I don't see how this is even possible? 9 out of 10 obese people die from swine flu? That is 90% of people meaning if anyone who is obese gets the swine flu they will more than likely die.
If it really was that dangerous you would think you would hear of a lot more deaths.
Instead of 800 deaths in the USA it would be more in the thousands. I really don't believe those statistics at all. Even 2 out of 10 would be too high. That means this swine flu could really be catrophic as there are a lot of obese people in the USA.
By the way are we talking about the really obese such as more than 60% body fat or we talking about the considered obesit rate which is 30% body fat.
BY the latter standards I would be obese. I am 5 ft 4 and 160 lbs. My body fat is at about 30-31%. If we are talking only about the super obese which is a much smaller portion of the popultaion than it might make sense.
There needs to be more research to back up this claim. You can't just base something off of one article.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

Good point, dreamseeker. We may be arguing for nothing. It does sound like more fear mongering scare tactics. Besides, if true, it's stressful news and stress causes increased cortisol production which just leads to more obesity.

Should we thank them for alerting all the fatties to this stressful bit of news?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I talked to the CDC and they stated that obseity was not a known risk factor. They said those people who died may have had other complications such as diabetes or asthma.
I was also told you can only have the swine flu once. After you have the swine flu once you are now immune to it.
I think I have had it already and honestly it was not too bad. The fact that was overwieght did not make it worse. I had a headache, muscle camps, low body tempature(94.7), nasua, dizziness and a cold. I am pretty sure tht is what I had.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I am sooo boned. I got on that Wii thing the other day and in front of God and eveybody, it called me 'obese' and made my litlle wii guy all fat.

My mother struggled with thyroid disease. She was obese too.

Haters need to blow. You are no better than anyone else just because you have LESS of you.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
A lot of medications can cause weight gain.
Anti-depressants and also depression itself can be a cause.
I have a friend who takes Lithium and other drugs for her Bi Polar.
And she has bloated up like a balloon and has never been bigger than a size 2 in her life.
Also a lot of anti psychotic drugs taken by pchyzophrenics cause weight gain.

So it's pretty ignorant if some people think that only fast food and being a couch potato is the cause in ALL CASES.

Talk about stereo types.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

Thanks for taking the time to verify the information. Star for you.

Asthmatics and people with diabetic neuropathy might very well be overweight due to lack of exercise in addition to the steroids and faulty metabolism factors.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by whitewave]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Wow! What a jackass!

Your the only ignorant jackass in this thread, its IMPOSSIBLE(yes impossible!) to be fat if you eat right. Healthy eating does not include cooked grains, overly cooked foods, most legumes or conventional produce. Show one example of some one who eats primarily fruits/vegetables and is fat. Just one and i'll believe you, untill then your the ignorant one. People who voluntarily poison themselves and have no interest in the most important thing you have(your body) are already dead inside, if you finish them off its just gonna make the world a better place

I'd rather have a fat person live, who is considerate, selfless, caring and thoughtful, than someone like yourself, who has an elitist attitude, and considers those who don't meet your PHYSICAL specifications, worthy of DEATH.

You in a word, disgust me.

One day, you will grow up, have some life experiences, and realize life for millions doesn't fit in your stereotypical vision.

This reminds me of something.. what was that.. something about the master race.. perfect.. etc... hmm.. wish I could remember what that was.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit

Wow! What a jackass!

I'd rather have a fat person live, who is considerate, selfless, caring and thoughtful, than someone like yourself, who has an elitist attitude, and considers those who don't meet your PHYSICAL specifications, worthy of DEATH.

You in a word, disgust me.

One day, you will grow up, have some life experiences, and realize life for millions doesn't fit in your stereotypical vision.

This reminds me of something.. what was that.. something about the master race.. perfect.. etc... hmm.. wish I could remember what that was.

The thing is, while it's not "PC", we ARE selecting for the weak at the moment. At no other point in history has life been so easy for such large numbers of people with inferior natural survival ability.

It's not "eugenic" to say this, it's a fact. Medical science + oil + food availability means that we save the weak and their genes can now replicate.

If you put bacteria in a closed system, something always happens to drastically alter population once it reaches a certain level. Why don't you think this will happen to us, and why don't you think the weak will go first?

Its pure logic, nothing sinister about it.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by xelamental]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I apologize ahead of time if another poster has already brought this up. In addition to obesity, suffers of hypothyroidism have respiratory problems. Getting treatment for hypothyroidism is nearly impossible. The blood tests are often inconclusive and many doctors seem to dislike fat people particularly women. Dessicated thyroid is not being manufactured in America. Thyroid sufferers now must order Armourlike medicine from compound pharmacies(pharmacies which make medicine). Raw thyroid pills are made by the same people who make liver pills and such stuff.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by eradown]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join