It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 out of 10 Obese Patients Die from Swine flu

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
In a small trial they have discovered that 9 out of 10 patients that were obese died from complications from the concocted flu.

This could spell particularlly dangerous news for the over weight Americans who contract the deadly virus.

According to Natural News 7-12-09 article, over 2/3 of the American population is obese. This lends credence to the clinical studies which showed that obese patients were in a much more vulnerable position to succumb to seconadary problems such as kidney failure, multipal organ failure, bloodclots in the lungs among other telling reasons behind their findindgs.

There's no mystery here
The number of patients reviewed in this study is quite small (only ten), but even so, this could be a warning sign of more deaths to come from infected, obese patients. Of course, there's really no mystery why obesity may cause extreme vulnerability to swine flu infections: The virus kills through an inflammatory process, and obesity is, itself, a highly-inflammatory condition that only exacerbates the deadliness of the H1N1 virus.

Patients who have made themselves obese -- for whatever reason -- have also unleashed a storm of inflammatory cytokines in their blood, and these cytokines are precisely what get over-excited during the body's response to a swine flu infection, leading to organ damage and death. This is precisely why people wishing to survive the coming pandemic must make a special effort to attain a high level of physical and nutritional health before such a pandemic arrives.

Being obese compromises your body's immune system, liver, heart, lungs and kidneys. This puts a serious additional burden on your body, leaving few spare resources for fighting off infections. That's probably why nine out of ten swine flu victims documented in the Michigan hospital were obese.

The bottom line in this study is quite clear: Don't be obese during the next pandemic. If you are obese now, let this bit of knowledge provide whatever extra motivation you need to drop some excess body fat and reduce the inflammatory burden on your body's organs. Obesity is, after all, readily reversed through simple changes in diet and exercise habits.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
This will be the first of many viruses that adapt to attacking the obese. Now that they are in sufficient numbers, there is enough chance for deadly viruses targeting this "new species" to survive. Whereas throughout history, it's been impossible as the numbers of fat people have been too low.

I say it's a good incentive to get off your ass and go running every day

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by xelamental

I'm afraid that for some, it isn't as simple as "getting off your ass."
My 11 year old daughter is obese and was just diagnosed with cushing's syndrome. We've been trying to figure out the cause of her weight problem since she was 2. No amount of diet or exercise helps any significant amount, so this bit of info worries me. She's otherwise healthy and isn't sick very often, but I wonder what can be done to strengthen her immune system. She has to go through more tests before the condition can be treated, so I guess I better be looking into doing whatever I can to help her out and get her immune system as strong as possible.

You're right though... for those who are obese simply from laziness and not an underlying condition, this should be incentive enough for them to get moving.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Well I am fat and so is one of my children, I tell you where do we draw the line as to whose fat and who's fit? I know Tons of people who see themselves as looking good that are just fat.

This flu is not going to leave much leeway for underestimating our fat reserves which in the past have been crucial in maintaining life during a long pandemic, it was healthy to have some fat in the body's reserves but THIS virus does not play by any of the old rules.

Now my question is this, should us fatties start loosing weight now which sometimes temporarily lowers the bodies defences as it is busy kicking out not only fats and proteins but toxins that have attached themselves to the fat.

I mean really I felt to have a child a bit over weight would be healthy, but no it is the opposite. Have you ever seen a sick child and how fast they can go into skin and bones if they do not have ample fat on their body? It happens fast. I just cant believe this damn virus has tricked me!

It does not play by natures rules!

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

This is VERY important for you to have read, and you and me are NOT the only ones, hell I bet half of the ppl on here that brag of how healthy and slim they are bald face liars!

Now thats not important but what is , is for loving parents like ourselves to start or keep pumping our chubby little ones with all we can to keep them in defensive mode for this manmade killer!

Screw anyone who gives you hell, you are a loving parent and have done all you can to help your daughter and will continue to. This is going to be a battle, but one that you and she can win!

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by xelamental

Id love to but am disabled in the knees. I would love to. Cant.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Thank you for bring this to people's attention.

One thing Everyone needs to do, is start taking Vit C and D (5000) a day - it builds up the immune system.

Also - Cinnamon is excellent - (last swine flu - those who worked in a cinnamon factory - Did not get sick) - Garlic - kills viruses and bacteria (bake it) Honey - has natural enzymes that kill viruses!

In fact there is an awesome cough syrup people can make (I did it with my child and she got over the flu right afterwards).

Take honey - put in a glass bowl (however much you want - it can be kept) add some cut up onions - I also add slivered garlic. Let it sit at least 3 hours - I do it for 24 hours - take the onion and garlic out - you know have a natural cough medicine and it kills the virus etc in the body. Tastes okay - not too great to kids - but better tasting than store bought cough/cold medicine.

S and F Antar

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Concerning cytokine storm - if this happens, there are 2 products which might inhibit the cytokine production - NAC (N-Acetyl Cysteine), which can be bought over the counter, which also is known to remove "free radicals".

Also GSH is also a brilliant antioxidant, which also might help, but in pill form it's not efficient, as it's usually dissolved in your stomach before it reaches the bloodstream, so this have to be administered intravenously.

Read about it here: (wonder why no one ever talks about NAC)...

Here

Here

It even protects lungs from cigarette smoke.

Here

What is there not to like ....

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Thankyou both for your replies and I know that there have to be ways to combat both the flu as well as the vaccines, we are running out of time so as many of the possible products we can get now the better, however with all the health topics surfacing nowadays and very fast, we need to be cauutious of disinformation being spread too.

Soon we should start seeing massive information flooding our consciousness sites in the form of products to spend our money on to ward off both the flu and the vaccine, be cautious as they could work the opposite on our selves and loved ones in the weeks and months ahead.

Remember, they have so damn much invested in this that they dont want to end up with egg on their faces at the end of this distribution campaign.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Thanks for the cough syrup recipe. I will have to try that one.

I agree that this virus will be a tipping point for some people to start looking for more alternatives way to boost their immune system than just what is available OTC or from the doctor's office or pharmacy.. Thanks for the articles.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by xelamental
This will be the first of many viruses that adapt to attacking the obese. Now that they are in sufficient numbers, there is enough chance for deadly viruses targeting this "new species" to survive. Whereas throughout history, it's been impossible as the numbers of fat people have been too low.

I say it's a good incentive to get off your ass and go running every day

What about those who cannot run? And those whom running doesn't effect? Because many obese people have tried these things ALL THEIR LIVES to no avail.

The thin simply think fat people are lazy. That's discouraging. But fat people aren't lazy, they are weighed down and tired from it. Much has to do with genetics, those who can diet and exercise effectively, it's because their genetics allow it and their metabolism.

Those who no diet and exercise helps, I believe that is also genetics. I watched a documentary about it with Meredith Viera called Fat on Netflix. Obese people are obese for a reason, and it generally isn't because they want to be or are lazy. Despite what you may think, it's truly a disease, a terrible, painful, depressing, deadly one.

I pray for the safety of all the other fatties, and hope I am not too fat an American to survive as well.

Just remember, fatties are people too damn it!

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Thank you so much for this! I've always heard that honey was an anitbiotic. My daughter has to take a low level antibiotic to prevent a kidney infection every day and I was worried that if all this doom goes down, and pharmacy was cut off, what would happen to her. I'll stock up on honey for sure.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar

Now my question is this, should us fatties start loosing weight now which sometimes temporarily lowers the bodies defences as it is busy kicking out not only fats and proteins but toxins that have attached themselves to the fat.

Start losing weight now. Your body's defenses won't be lowered as long you are getting all of your vitamins and minerals by eating a natural whole foods diet.

Cut your calories by 400 and eat a diet consisting of 50% carbs, 25% fat and 25% protien everyday.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Getting in shape now is better than not, by far.

I'm a bit overweight atm, a long standing back injury making it difficult to exercise. But I'll suffer through that to get fit for this flu season. The last time I did a dedicated workout regimen (6 days a week at the gym), I was not sick once for a year, not even remotely. It's like night and day when you are healthy.

There is also this: For many people (even around the world.. many countries are overweight), they are in the "over 20 to 40 pound" category. Well, you need to really kick butt to get to the point where you are not overweight. If you are heavier than that, you are not going to get to your ideal weight by flu season, there is no way. Safely, you can expect to lose 3 pounds a week, if you go full bore. If you are *vastly* overweight, you will lose more. But for your average overweight person, 3 pounds a week is probably the best you can hope to get.

So better to start right away.

But every time I am at a much higher level of fitness, I NEVER get sick. Not a cold, flu.. nada. It definitely helps, a lot.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
From what I've been learning through my experience as a mom
, most people are currently afflicted with some type of bowel disorder or sensitivity to foods and ingredients in their current diet. The diets mean almost everything when it comes to building good immune systems and fighting off disease. Look for sites talking about these things and discussion boards where the parents and children are actually working towards alleviating diseases stemmed from poor diets, and sensitivities to their current intake of common foods. Most of the same situations pertain to most everyone, even if they don't realize it, or how it pertains to them. I know I have a sensitivity to milk products, so we don't eat too many of them around here. I know both of my kids have sensitivities to dairy and wheat products, so I am constantly on the lookout for that and products that we can use. People who suffer from any disease on the autistic spectrum, or from celiac disease, or from any immune deficiency at all, including diabetes, multiple sclerosis, cancer, etc. would be more prone to catch this flu just like any other. Even the high usage of antibiotics over a period of time will break down the body's defenses requiring the use of more antibiotics to stave off disease.

Some good sites to look at are the body ecology diet, specific carb diet, gluten free casein free diet, and any discussion boards or blogs about immune system disorders.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Have you ever seen a sick child and how fast they can go into skin and bones if they do not have ample fat on their body? It happens fast.

You ain't kiddin. Since my surgery in March I had managed to put on 20 pounds. Well now I'm on day 3 of a strong cold/weak flu (there is fever) and I've already lost 5 pounds. It took me so long to put that weight on that I want to shoot all of my co-workers in the face with a bazooka; one of them is to blame.

hell I bet half of the ppl on here that brag of how healthy and slim they are bald face liars!

My friend Kevin Smith begs to differ.

Now thats not important but what is , is for loving parents like ourselves to start or keep pumping our chubby little ones with all we can to keep them in defensive mode for this manmade killer!

Green Vibrance, Red Lightning, Cod Liver Oil, Flax Oil, Vitamins C&D, L-Glutamine, a constant barrage of raw fruits and vegetables, and regular exercise.

Now I know what you're saying, "but didn't you just get sick?" Well, it's been over two years since I've been sick PLUS this really is my fault because I've been over-training at the gym and I'd run my immune system into the dirt.

Now, when you get sick you're going to want...

Oregano Oil, L-Lysine, and Zycam (careful, this could destroy your sense of smell, but it works.). I'm sure there's more but this is what I use.

Id love to but am disabled in the knees. I would love to. Cant.

Enough of this defeatist talk, there is plenty you can do that doesn't involve your knees.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by BaronVonGodzilla

I do not think it is a disease for most, although there are obviously exceptions, like the person with the child with Cushing's. I think calling obesity a disease is a cop-out. Have you ever watched "The Biggest Loser?" Those are obese poeple and they all lose weight. Losing weight is very hard, if you have more than a few pounds to lose. No question about it. We all need to eat, and cutting the diet to all healthy low calorie for months on end and adding exercise to your lifestyle everyday can be excrutiating, so people give up. It is a painful cycle (dieting) that ends up making people fatter, but I do not think it is a disease. I know someone is going to give me crap for this statement, but I've been overweight in my life, by 60 pounds and I just was not willing to stay that way and set my mind to losing it and changing my lifestyle, it has been 15 years and i never go up more than a few pounds before I realize I need to move my butt and get back to my healthy level.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kj6754

I am one of those fat semi vegitarians who grows and eats her own non gmo stuff. when the kids eat meat is generally home grown and organic.

I do suppliment however with cheap food from a major warehouse here in Missori called aldis. They have food from Associated wholesale grocers which is the same as what you get in the more expensive brand foods, same outlet, different labels, same growers, and that my friend is a conspiracy in itself.

FACE THE FACTS:
WE have been fattened up for the slaughter! GMOs are geared toward creating the fat people we are today!

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

They have to choose people who are fat because of lack of exercise and just plain nervous over eating, it would be a liability to choose otherwise.

Anyone can loose weight, but the body has a store mode that will kick in once they get back to a normal way of life.

I would rather DIE than go through life without the delights I crave to eat. Not all of them are fattening to you maybe, but to me I simply look and gain weight, I cannot eat a cracker and be satified!

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Sunsetspawn

OMFG!~ If you were to follow me for one week you would not only loose weight but probably end up in the hospital from fricking exhaustion!

Read what I say before you judge, and if thats you in the picture you are fat, you dont have to be skin and bones to be fat.

Everyone here on ATs as a regular has an ATSButt! At least those above age 35-40!

If you are refering to a post I made several days ago, I was SICK from my sensitivity to world events, and it was only relieved after the G20 summit validated my feelings and senses.

I am sick for the ignorance of this world, not from lack of ANY of the vitamins, minerals and suppliments you suggested above.

Good grief, my Mom owned a health products business when you were still ordering happy meals!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join