It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Relatively modern UFO documentaries... Anyone have any?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Afternoon all. From nothing more than a curious standpoint, I'd be interested in watching a few recently produced UFO documentaries from recent years gone by.

Firstly because I've no doubt yet to see many of the newer releases, and secondly because as good as some of the older documentaries are in regards to evidence, narration and testimonials, i find the production and direction to be cheesy and somewhat irritating.

So, anyone seen any documentaries released in the last few years that they'd like to share. Through links or simply through name?

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
If you haven't seen it yet check out Out of the Blue by James Fox. It's serious and somewhat recent.

On that same note, Jame's new documentary called I Know What I Saw is set to be released in October.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by converge

Thanks, though Out of The Blue I happen to know of; It's my favourite documentary on this subject, actually

I don't know, maybe I'm looking for something that doesn't exist. It just seems to me alot of UFO documentaries, however great that are, tend to be somewhat low budget and tacky.

Just to prelude my original question, I'm looking for some modern and well presented documentaries to show my brother. He's from the generation of stupid, where amateur and non-hollywood like production is deemed boring.(He's still young).

I'm just looking for something visually appearing and edited well to be honest. He doesn't seem to care much for the more informative older productions. Not enough cgi reconstruction, eery footage and dramatic backing music for his liking.

I started a thread in my earlier years on ATS by the way, it was sticked for years. Was a thread for everyone to share documentaries. So I have seen my fair share.

If it's pre-2007 I've probably seen it.

Thanks for the help though, It's appreciated

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
NASA playing dumb is a fun video that shows just how much they can be trusted.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
This has been a very bad year for new documentaries. I think the real problem is that good solid UFO sightings are much , much rarer than most people realize.

Ive been working on producing some CGI scenes for my own UFO documentary for a couple of years now. Most of the time has been spent creating my own 3d models and writing my own video software. One of the main problems in putting something like this together is getting out to all different sighting spots to get original footage and interviews. I dont really have a budget to go jetting all round the world

[edit on 27-9-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Thanks for the titles given. I haven't really heard of any modern ones. I would really be interested in seeing some newer documentaries as well. I'll be sure to check out those videos and maybe I'll give a review on them.

Many thanks.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
'UFO's: 50 Years Of Denial' is a pretty good one.

Kind of old looking in some aspects but it does have somewhat new footage of the aircraft currently at Area 51.

The 'Dan Aykroyd: Unplugged on UFOs' is pretty good as well.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The one I'd really like to see is UFO from 1956.

new topics

top topics

join