It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winter blizzard in NYC!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 04:47 PM
link   
What a blast...

Picture of the Supreme Skeptic Overlord's 'hood...

The view out our window... that's the east river.

Looking west 94th.

Looking south down 2nd Ave, near 93rd.

Looking south down 1st Ave, near 95th.

Something you only see in NYC in the winter.

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 05:11 PM
link   
it is really bad in NJ also.

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Blimley never seen it that bad in England,the weather here is not to bad.My kids would love it!

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 08:00 PM
link   
WILLIAM I LIVE IN NYC AND IT IS HORRIBLE
WHEN I STEPED OUT THIS MORNING THE SNOW CAME UP TO MY THIGHS.
THE CARS WERE UP TO THE ROOF WITH SNOW AND THE PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION BUSES WERE GETTING CAUGHT IN THE SNOW BY THE MINUTE

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 08:17 PM
link   
jesus. there is a 90% chance for snow and blizzard warnings for today and tommorow in *alabama* erm. this is too strange.

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 08:21 PM
link   
William, not just bad there, it bad here to in Toledo. Not that bad yet, but it still snowing. Well, hopefully Owens will close tommorow.

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 09:21 PM
link   
WOW!
Great pictures William. T'was a little cold here, in the Desert today. It only got up to 61 degrees. I had to crank up the furnace. Partly cloudy with a slight breeze.
Boy you sure have a wonderful view.

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Thanks.... we like the view a lot!

Here it is on a better day:

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 09:46 PM
link   
LoL you said you only see that in NYC???

Welcome to Nevada's every year winters, too bad these past few years it's been a bit dryer, and granted it's much nicer in the valleys but hell for the mountain dwellers

Oh upon closer inspection William it was referring directly to the motorbike, but that's not an uncommon site here either, point stands

Sincerely,
no signature

[Edited on 18-2-2003 by FreeMason]

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 10:03 PM
link   
WTF MountainStar? 61 degrees and you turn on the furnace? Their's about 8 inches of snow (give or take a few inches) and its is currently 31.5 degrees, yet we don't have the furnace on!

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Yeah same here inspectah, except we never turn on the furnace (too broke) even when it's below zero

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Just as bad here in Western PA. We got about 2.5 feet and it's still snowing as of tonight :-( . very cold also!

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Well at least it stopped here.

What a day... things like this bring out the best in this great city. We helped a few people dig out their cars, and there were roving "gangs" of people doing the same... and in most cases, asking nothing for it.

My West Side friend was even reporting that the legendary Soup Nazi was handing out free cups of soup to anyone who needed it. Amazing.

We came back from a walk this evening, 21 inches of snow officially in Central Park, very beautiful.

Oh... and I don't have a car anymore so I can look at the snow and say "beautiful".

top topics

join