It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Capitol Hill Switchboard Illegally Being Used to Push Obamacare?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I just read tat the capital hill switchboard is being used to push Obamare. I'm not a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure that is illegal. This isn't the DNC switchboard, its for getting in touch with your Representative.

Call it for yourself and see:
1-800-828-0498.

This is what you'll hear:

Thank you for calling your Representative and your Senators.

Please urge them to vote yes on health insurance reform. Because the American people can no longer wait for more choices, lower costs, and coverage we can count on.

If you stay on, you'll get an operator. Ask the operator why the line is being used to push Democrat policy? My other question would be is the MSM going to cover this. If I had to bet, I'd say no.

EDIT: Whoever got this story together didnt have all their facts straight.

The entry previously posted at this address incorrectly asserted that the Capitol Hill switchboard was being used to promote liberal health insurance legislation. It is not being used for that purpose.

The telephone number referenced in this post originally is owned by a liberal lobbying organization, not the U.S. Capitol switchboard. We regret the error.

Sorry for the confusion.

[edit on 27-9-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Here's the message being played.

www.publiusforum.com...

Wonder how the Congressional representatives and Senators against this bill feel about this selling of the bill?

[edit on 9/27/09 by Ferris.Bueller.II]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

The first question that comes to my mind is whether civil service restrictions on political endorsements apply to the people running the service.

Is it privatized? Publicly funded (like the insurance plan)?

Sad. Nefarious. Desperation? Or scary?

jw

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Apparently there is no wrong doing going on.

The entry previously posted at this address incorrectly asserted that the Capitol Hill switchboard was being used to promote liberal health insurance legislation. It is not being used for that purpose.

The telephone number referenced in this post originally is owned by a liberal lobbying organization, not the U.S. Capitol switchboard. We regret the error.

So, for now its a non-story.

top topics

join