It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can love save us all?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I fear I should probably make this thread before it escapes my mind, albeit probably be deleted before then.

If you believe that 'love' 'harmony' can save us all, why not look at what it has brought us!

The love of one, has brought the loathe of another.

And both can be of the same magnitude.

I personally believe, that solely, love, peace, harmony, will never be, or could be, or enacted upon, to be the answer, to any problem we face.

Love is not the answer to anything, at all!

It's a sad, but humbling truth.

And I'm sure who ever shall post that it will should get stars, I know that, And I expect no stars or flags.

But to expect love, or sanctimonious words, or acts, that occur, will have no affect.

Love and hope are useless.

They do no good, but for a little while, in all they effect noone's lives.

Ask the current youth, what they know of lovers of the human race, ( no not the white or black or chinese races) what they know of the leaders of their race is, and they will all say, a different person, and I need not tell you who each will say!

Love, peace, harmony, serenity, are all nice things, but, for most!

You all accept that today's are not the days for it!

But live like it is!

Todays are for blood, disaster, broken bones, and severed bodies.

I can't believe possibly, in all honesty, that love, will 'save us all'. Or even 'some of us'.

Hate, Greed, and Lust, will rule us all, and for those that are lovers, and peacers, and such, shall, pervert the teachings of this! That's all that can be done! At most!

All in all what I mean to say is.

No one, is here to save us.

No aliens.

No Gods.

No supervising NWO's.

No ONE!

We're none for all, and all for one.

And that is what will destroy us all!

And nothing, I exclaim that nothing, will stop this, or at the very least halt this.

And no one is to blame, because those cast blame upon, are long gone, and that itself is futile.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I agree with you in many respects. love brings the absolutely hatred out in people. I totally avoid it and will till i die.

The hatred you people feel and do because of that word is beyond belief.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Only if every one one earth only felt the emotion of love and happiness. Since we feel a wide range of emotions, no, you are absolutely correct in that it cannot save us. It can however help us make it through. With out hope we might as well all go and hang our selves. Hope is necessary, whether in good times or bad.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

So hope, in that case... is worthless?

Is that what i'm seeing?

Correct me please if i'm wrong!

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Hope and love are different aren't they.

No one should ever commit suicide, and although people are 99% trash, you can still live and avoid most of them.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
I agree with you in many respects. love brings the absolutely hatred out in people. I totally avoid it and will till i die.

The hatred you people feel and do because of that word is beyond belief.

To sum up, hopefully poetically is.

The things we do for love, is the most disgusting/devastating things we can do!

?

[edit on 27-9-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Hope and love are different aren't they.

No one should ever commit suicide, and although people are 99% trash, you can still live and avoid most of them.

As pessimistic as I am I wouldn't even say 99% are trash!

lol

Although eugenics is another matter!

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

The things we do for love, is the most disgusting/devastating things we can do!

?

Yep how many people in this world really are adults?

Your one sentence says it all.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

It's all what you said mate.

I can't take credit for it, I just simplified it.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Is that what i'm seeing?

That is what the OP said not I. I say it is necessary. With out hope there is no point in living. Existence is futile.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm

Is that what i'm seeing?

That is what the OP said not I. I say it is necessary. With out hope there is no point in living. Existence is futile.

Long quote I know, but I did so cause it's useful, in understanding.

So take the piece of hope out of the puzzle.

What do we have then?

The same, the same chess pieces are moving, the same bishops are crossing over our rooks left unguarded.

We can't hope that away.

I believe, as I am the OP, that existence, is useless, but that we make the best we can. And that is the most hope can acquire in us.

No need for afterlife, make the best of here and now!

Hope for me, is useless.

I've had the worst of days turned to the best.

And the worst of days to the best.

All without hope for either.

Not sure who said it but it rings true.

LIFE HAPPENS!

Richard Dawkins-" But we're the lucky ones, out of all of those who didn't make it!

Out of all of those, who didn't have the chance to become human!"

What if though, (since i'm deeply reading into your post) there is no point to life? Would it change whatever you are doing.

Would it make the slightest implication?

I suppose not, because hope is still there, it cannot be taken away, you would still hope there is!

I know my hope is nothing more, then allahs, hell , or yahwehs, or the others hells i've damned of.

My hope is to one day help humans.

Which brings me to hope.

It is strictly a human thought. A good one at that!

Evolutionized.

I hope to be the next great physicist, in my learning, it's all I can do, but be a stupid spec amongst a trillion other stupid specs, but be a contributing stupid spec!

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Love inspires a person to go through hell and high water and a world of suffering in the hope that love will see us through to the end.

Love wills us on to hope that one day it will find us living in a time where the ones we love can live a good life. A good life in the future with a happy heart and a hope that the future will be worth living, loving and hoping for.

Love is not the twin of hate unless you decide that it should be.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeJaguar67
Love inspires a person to go through hell and high water and a world of suffering in the hope that love will see us through to the end.

Love wills us on to hope that one day it will find us living in a time where the ones we love can live a good life. A good life in the future with a happy heart and a hope that the future will be worth living, loving and hoping for.

Love is not the twin of hate unless you decide that it should be.

Your love is the opposite of someone else's and you know who they are!

Love inspires someone to blow up a building or cafe.

Love inspires a marquee on a baseball stadium.

Love inspires a suicide.

Love is a precursor, to many evil things too!

Not just good, love can intrude on everything.

And vice versa!

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
What got me thinking on this for awhile.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Good thread, thanks for posting.

You may be on to something there. In theory, love is great because it is an emotion that elicits positive images.

In practise, love can have the opposite effect. War, greed, control, corruption.

Another point worth making is that in a war between Love and Hate, the side that chooses to Love will get slaughtered...sad but true.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Your love is the opposite of someone else's and you know who they are!

Indeed and I agree with your point but many subvert many things, not just love. Sadly many things are subverted in the name of love and still mistakenly recognised as love when it is not.

Love inspires someone to blow up a building or cafe.

To me that is not love, its is instead a purposeful perversion of love in the literal meaning of the word. Love in the guise of control and manipulation, its true face rather, hatred fed by fear!

Love inspires a marquee on a baseball stadium.

Love is nothing to do with sport as sport in my opinion is just a coming together of minds being intoxicated by base emotions from a time when sport was revelling in watching one person take the life of another. Love has nothing to do with it.

I Hope I understood you correctly as I took marquee to mean a large tent

Love inspires a suicide.

Good point but from my perspective a love that inspires a suicide is a love infected with a sense of extreme anxiety. Another case of love subverted, perverted and thus to my mind is a definition of love ruined by a powerful emotional impulse from serious illness or the dread of a loss of that love. Love replaced or infected by fear?

Love is a precursor, to many evil things too!

Love is a precursor to bad choices perhaps and choices made on impulse but I disagree to your point that it is a precursor to evil things only because I do not believe in the concept of evil (in the biblical sense), just a series of bad choices in the absolute sense. Understandably we slot those choices into boxes labelled good or evil because it is convenient to do so.

Not just good, love can intrude on everything.

When the truest definition of love intrudes into everything there is nothing finer and it's intrusion is a most welcome state of grace.

And vice versa!

Your vice is my versa and what I mean by that is anyone's definition of love is subjective to their perception of life and you pretty much nailed it in that context because you or I or anyone else cannot say what the truest definition of love is, we can only express our interpretation of it.

Nice post thanks, starred!

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Wow, as a pessimist life must look very dreary and hopeless for you.

Fortunately, not every in the world shares your view. It is true that mankind is living at one of it's lowest points in history right now. We are in the midst of one of the worst economic crises in history and there are still many people in the world who plot another great war, another war to end all wars. And if another war like WWI or WWII does begin then, well yea, it will be the last war for sure because it will also be the last of all life on Earth.

But we are, as an optimist I believe, also at the precipice of a brave new world. There is a way our of this mess and the answer is the same answer we give our children in the school yards everyday: we simply have to share what we have with others. With sharing comes justice and with justice comes trust and peace. There is no other way. The alterative is unthinkable.

You're view on life is unfortunately shared by millions in the world today. But there is still a chance that we can pull ourselves out of this mess. The glass is also half full. Love is not just an emotion, it's a fundamental force in life that binds and unites.

[edit on 27-9-2009 by Neo__]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
"Love inspires suicide"

I don't agree with that, in fact it is the opposite I think, that it is the lack of love or the loss of hope of love that inspires such a tragic act.

A previous neighbour's daughter (age 13, only 8 months older than my own daughter) committed suicide by hanging. The subsequent examination revealed she was pregnant (only about 6 weeks) and her mother (who was a single parent) was recovering from mouth cancer. It also transpired that her boyfriend had dumped her and her best friend had fallen out with her (in fact the so-called friend had head butted her and called her a slag because she had confided her fears about the pregnancy to her) and obviously she felt she had no one to turn to, and although her mother would have been shocked at first, I know that she would have supported her daughter through all that, heck if she'd come and told me, I would have... and that tragedy could have been prevented.

There was a story in the press recently about a couple who jumped from Beachy Head in the UK, a notorious suicide spot, with the body of their dead son. As the story unfolded, it transpired that their son was a quadriplegic, as a result of a car accident when he was one year old, but the couple did everything for him and whilst it can't have been easy for them, the pictures that I have seen of the couple and their son, showed how happy they all were. Sadly though their son died of meningitis aged 5 and it was obviously at that point that they lost all hope and the focus of their love had been taken from them, and to be honest, I can understand why they made the decision to take their own lives, they had no hope of regaining the love in their lives that kept them going.

Things are quite tough for me this now, but I have hope that things ARE going to improve and I am lucky to have an awesome daughter who I love very much and that is what gives me strength to carry on... Love, it certainly saves me.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Can love save us all?

No. Because some are incapable of loving. Some are incapable of being loved.

Love can not be forced, nor is it something we can choose. Those I love, I did not choose to love - it just is something unexplainable that happens inside of me. I believe many confuse love with other emotions, feelings and actions.

When one receives love and gives love, it is wonderful and nothing can compare to it. Sadly, not all get to experience it. So sadly, love can not save us all.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Can love save us all?

No. Because some are incapable of loving. Some are incapable of being loved.

Love can not be forced, nor is it something we can choose. Those I love, I did not choose to love - it just is something unexplainable that happens inside of me. I believe many confuse love with other emotions, feelings and actions.

When one receives love and gives love, it is wonderful and nothing can compare to it. Sadly, not all get to experience it. So sadly, love can not save us all.

So are you saying it's impossible for love to make its appearance on a global level? Unforeseen and miraculous events do occur in history. And love can sometimes hit you when you least expect it.

Things are going to work out. I believe there are enough people in this world that care about their brothers and sisters living on the street to make a difference. All we have to do is care and love like you would your own immediate family. We are all related. Somehow, somewhere, sometime. It's just a matter of increasing what you define as your immediate family. You may have to go with a little less, but no one said it was going to be free.

Money is like a dung heap, a great Indian teacher once said, sitting in a pile it rots and smells, spread over the land it grows food.

[edit on 27-9-2009 by Neo__]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join