It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sky news caught twisting information on Iran?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Saw this Report this morning on sky news about Iran fireing short range missles in "war games"..

upon reading the article I noticed somthing that could only be explaind by a typing mistake
or
a blatent attemt to make uneducated readers think its a fact that Iran is working on Nuclear weapons.

From Source
"The tests came just a hours after Hilary Clinton welcomed Iran's decision to allow international inspectors into its new "nuclear weapons facility" --sky news"

mistake or deliberate mishandling of information from the msm?

rather a bold statement, as I'm only aware they have a longrange missile facility & 2 nuclear enrichment plants.

[edit on 27-9-2009 by TrentReznor]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Hardly surprising, and I saw that report myself this morning and my thoughts were similar.

It's all about turning the public against Iran, and subtly introducing the fear words....

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Good find.

This is ridiculous they are just playing the same tricks they did with the Iraq War and everyone is falling for it again.

[edit on 27/9/09 by Kram09]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TrentReznor

not suprising in the slightest way,.

this is sky news .. aka fox news uk .. they say what they want basicly! no matter how much of a lie it is!

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
No need for a lot of tricks, some already too eager to punish Iran.
Do you all think this war will happen too?

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

oh its going to happen alright! the stage has been set.

and with the msm/government bluring the truth here and there for the casual readers & general public,

like before the Iraq war, the same thing happend with chemical weapons.

I wonder if the US knew all along about the second enritchment facillity and Iran never "conceald" it? just chose to ignore it untill now and make Iran look like they were hiding it?

they have no evidence of a nuclear weapons program appart from the fact Iran has chosen to go about the whole thing the wrong way.

so they have to manipulate & twist things until enough of the population are on there side and then they can do whatever they want.

Bully's!!!! my beloved United Kingdom included

I know I'm stating the obvious really, but it happening now under our noses and its the right time to do somthing about it, whereas with Iraq it was a liitle too late.

although how to stop it, I don't know how. People need to be educated.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
people dont want to be educated on this. To most of the youth today it's a load of boring silly hippies imagining things and protesting to a government they believe is doing badly and will be all fixed when the Tories get back into power.

For them, it's just back to their x-boxes, nintendo wii's, ps3's and what have you. Read a paper, yeah for celebrity gossip.

It's going to happen but I think it will be when Iraq and Afghanistan are both sorted out. You have two countries there that are either side of Iran, Russia will come from the black sea and the rest from the ocean. Iran will be theoretically surrounded. When Iraq and Afghanistan are both sorted out and occupied and then when the dust settles that's when all hell will break loose.

Now you show that to anybody and make them remember about going into Afghanistan then Iraq and the hoo har about the illegal war in Iraq and now there saying Iran will be creating nuclear weapons.There defending themselves and they know what's coming so why shouldn't they? Never once has Sky mentioned Iraq and Afghanistan are either side of Iran. People's geographical knowledge is terrible these days why bother to give them a huge clue as to what's going on.

It's about Oil and profits and if the people dont care and their lives are not effected then they dont mind and they will support the war if they believe their lovely world is under threat. There will be plenty more of these reports in the very near future.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Adono86

I am sad to say but you are right.

Most people just don't care. However if this issue somehow disrupted the viewing of the X-Factor, then they'd be in uproar.

But then again think of the millions who protested the Iraq War and the governments didn't give a rats arse about them. Just ignored them and went to war anyway.

The west is just bullying Iran. What rules, exactly have Iran broken?

They've signed the NPT, yet Israel, Pakistan, India and North Korea have not, yet Israel (who actually has nuclear weapons) is calling for punishments against Iran. The USA and the EU are all nodding their heads in agreement.

top topics

join