It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student Shot In The Face

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
University student got shot in the face (rubber bullet) during the G-20 Summit.

Video

A Pittsburgh police officer shot a freshmen University of Pittsburgh student in the face with some sort of non-lethal projectile, and I was caught in the situation after police teargassed me while I was trying to help the student. Tear gas was deployed on the dormitory patios, blocking one of the only entrances police hadn't physically blocked.

The kid was just a student. Most of them were.

[edit on 27-9-2009 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
i would like to see the video of right before the guy got shot with the rubber bullet. it's a little strange to me that they didnt show it. the motive for shooting him with a rubber bullet seems a bit necessary to me. without that, it seems a bit unfair to have much of a stance on this.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Those police seem to be the ones causing the most civil unrest.

• Tear gas the air
  • Ear splitting sound cannons
  • Beating people with clubs
  • Shoving young women on bikes
  • Shooting bullets made of hard "rubber" in people's faces
  • Tackling people to the ground
  • Trapping people in stairwells and causing panic

Seems to me we are living in a prison and the warden has lost his #@$ing mind.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I'm not a skeptic that says everything is fake....BUT.......This seems to look pretty fake to me.

All you see is him on the ground and you barely get a quick second shot of his face and the dude does not even sound like he was in pain from the tone of his voice. Does not look right to me.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Does anybody else find it troublesome that we do not get to see these videos in context? It always starts off with a law enforcement official doing something wrong or acting as the aggressor. There are always so many cameras around, but you only get to see things from when the officer reacts. I am not defending brutal police tactics or disproportionate responses, but you need put these things into context.

This is the basic formula: show a video of a law enforcement agent using force, garner sympathy from average citizens, show other protesters coming to the aid of the victims. Assume that the victim was just a bystander who did nothing to warrant any attention from the officers and claim it is all about police thinking they are above the law and targeting people they do not like. Hook, line and sinker for so many people here.

It is strange to see so many people EMBRACE ignorance when the site motto is clearly to DENY ignorance.

[edit on 27/9/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
...with all due respect to any humans who were actually harmed during this event: This looks like an audition tape for I want to be a field reporter

"they tear gassed me" ...looks more like you ran into a tear gas cloud

Personaly, I think he passed the audition, as most news is fabricated

Congratulations and welcome to the machine !

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I spoke to a friend today about the riots at both G20 summits in the UK and US and he said that back in the 70s when there were political riots in Seattle it was proven that the police placed officers amongst the rioters to stir up confrontation. I thought this was shocking to believe but then the best way for riot police to learn and educate themselves about crowd control and riot control is to instigate a riot and practice different techniques.

Just a thought.

Regards,
E.T

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
What seems the saddest to me is that there's all these people and
police around and only 1 person stops to help this kid who is in
obvious pain. Friggin cop saw him and just kept walking. Are we
in a society where they would prefer to film people getting hurt
rather then helping them? We know the answer to that and it's
a very sad statement on our current state.

I think the PTB are saying that the gloves are off. They won't even
tolerate free speech that disagrees with them. WE'RE GOING TO DO
WHATEVER WANT AND WE DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK!!!!!

Back at ya PTB. When WE THE PEOPLE decide to take the gloves
and blinders off you better stick you heads between your legs and
kiss you priveleged butts goodbye. I'm not really going for this
taste of crap in my mouth and I'm sure I'm not alone on this.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by eclectic.thoughts

There were no "riots" at the G20 this year. the only violence and
crimes were committed by the Police. care to bet even the windows
that were broken were done by agents provacateur.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
It's insane to me that people keep demanding "context" for these videos. They're taken by people too numerous to name, all showing the same sorts of images of police aggression against students and peaceful protesters.

In fact we have several different views of the same scene at the dorm, all showing the police to be the cause of the chaos.

If the police have video of something more, let them release it and justify their storm-trooper tactics.

[edit on 27/9/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
What I find most disturbing is the amount of relatively new members coming out all over the place to say all these G-20 videos are fake... Never before have I heard so many crys of foul... And us older members KNOW that if anything where hoax the ATS team would be all over it.

So what is with the amount of people crying fake to these videos and siding with the police brutality? Since when is it acceptable to use LRAD weapons and tear gas to suppress a meager protest. It is not like this protest had the same numbers as the 9/12 rallies or the protests of previous G-8 or other G-20 meetings... This was a smaller protest than normal..

But like normal folks got beat and hurt over police thugery and more and more I see folks saying that we need their side of the story or that the protestors deserved it or worst of all That video is Fake!

I see no hoax tag.... I doubt its fake.

[edit on 27-9-2009 by titorite]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Looks like he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Look behind him when he first falls to the ground starting at about the 20 second mark running through the 37 second mark. There's a cop on his knees in the street directly behind him; from the looks of it, he has someone on the ground arresting them. Two more cops also walk up, looking down at the first one. Clearly, something is happening in the street behind them.

My guess? Someone out there DID deserve a rubber bullet, but this particular guy happened to be on the wrong end of a stray shot from the police or some other projectile possibly thrown or otherwise launched from another protester.

That doesn't hurt any less, mind you, but I don't think the cops were actually targeting him.

[edit on 27-9-2009 by vor78]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
You can claim this is fake all you want. Those who were there know what they saw and experienced. Those two nights were not fun for a lot of kids.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

It is strange to see so many people EMBRACE ignorance when the site motto is clearly to DENY ignorance.

Dark Ghost, are you rocking the boat with rational thought. Don't rock the boat, Dark Ghost.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
What I find most disturbing is the amount of relatively new members coming out all over the place to say all these G-20 videos are fake... Never before have I heard so many crys of foul... And us older members KNOW that if anything where hoax the ATS team would be all over it.

So what is with the amount of people crying fake to these videos and siding with the police brutality? Since when is it acceptable to use LRAD weapons and tear gas to suppress a meager protest. It is not like this protest had the same numbers as the 9/12 rallies or the protests of previous G-8 or other G-20 meetings... This was a smaller protest than normal..

But like normal folks got beat and hurt over police thugery and more and more I see folks saying that we need their side of the story or that the protestors deserved it or worst of all That video is Fake!

I see no hoax tag.... I doubt its fake.

[edit on 27-9-2009 by titorite]

Personally, the only video I thought was a hoax was the first one I saw of the kid being pushed into a car by guys wearing army fatigues. All the dudes had different uniforms on and they didn't look real. After I read Naomi Wolf's article on the incident (Oh, Naomi, I love you) explaining how they were from special police task force (members of which often wear fatigues) it made sense to me.
Other than that, I've believed everything I've seen is real. On a macro level, i think it is frightening how basic first amendment rights (free speech) has been curtailed and eroded to the point where mostly peaceful protestors (I don't know for sure but I'm guessing the Anarchists weren't all peaceful) are not allowed to protest. What kind of First Amendment Free Speech rights do we have anymore?
On the other hand. On a micro level, not all cops are bad guys. In fact, I'm sure a lot of them are great guys. I definitely would rather see a clip in context to discern for myself whether what happens was done on purpose or by mistake or maliciously, etc, etc.

top topics

join