It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We want war! We want war!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
reply to post by Jazzyguy

Am I willing to pay for it?

We've already paid for it. All those nice, shiny, expensive missiles and very expensive payloads are all bought and paid for.

And there is no way in hell you have to resort to conventional warfare. No way.

A handful of high-impact weapons, a couple nuclear EMP's, then you roll the bombers in for a couple of weeks, and go home.

Tell them - and others - this proliferation will not be tolerated.

End of story.

It's this type of talking that really makes me want to vomit. this attitude to war. it's wrong. you forget about the women and children who will perish having bombers for "a couple of weeks". Bombers raining down bombs on a city and a country that hasn't invaded another country in 300 years.

If I cant appeal to you heart then maybe to your head.. what type of aftermath for the rest of the world can we expect from bombing Iran. The economy, oil prices, global terrorism. ALL will become much much worse

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Lug

reply to post by woodwardjnr

I hope they don't use the collateral damage excuse again. War is hell, we know, but we try to minimize the collateral damage, yada, yada, yada, bla, bla,bla.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   

A quote from Herman Goring seems appropriate

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."

--Goering at the Nuremberg Trials

Borrowed from Rense.com.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
"A handful of high-impact weapons, a couple nuclear EMP's, then you roll the bombers in for a couple of weeks, and go home."

And we go home? Yeah, just like what is happening in Afghanistan and Iraq. Eight long years, thousands of young Americans dead and bucket loads of money later, the USA still has their heads up their arse in the Middle East.

From what I see happening in the United States, Iran obtaining nukes is the least of the Americans' problems. Par for the course, Iran is just one big distraction so Americans cannot see the real enemy, which, when it comes down to it, is themselves.

Iran furthering their nuclear weapon program is obviously someone else's problem. It looks like the Americans once again are getting suckered into fighting someone else's battles. All this, at the expense of more lives of Young Americans, the country slipping into deeper poverty/economic chaos and another blow to their international reputation. Not that most Americans really give a damn as to how they are perceived by the rest of the world.

Of course, one can always use the cop out argument that it is the Government which is doing this, not the people. Well guess what? Like it or not, you are your Government, and you've failed your country miserably by letting it run roughshod over you and the rest of the world.

And, of course, not to mention that another war with more guys who hate our FreeDumbs (yeah, did you see all that wonderful FreeDumb in Pittsburgh the past couple of days?) will endanger more innocent American lives as the USA becomes even more of a terrorist target.

Wake up already! The fanboys for yet another war are the ones who stand to make a killing, not be killed.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by endarkenedone

I heard that quote before, I know it's true that people tend to respond to fear easily, it's human nature. At that state it's harder to appeal to their sensibility. But I learn there's one thing in this modern world than can even overcome that, tax increase. None of them in this thread answer directly that they're willing to pay for tax increase if it's necessary for the war efforts.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Nobody answers because regardless we all pay it anyway.I don't support any of the Governing agencies agenda yet have to pay the taxes. SO the answer is yes that everyone will pay taxes willingly regardless of if they want a war or don't want a war.

If nobody wants to pay taxes then they need to wage a different war against a different enemy. That's a whole other thread.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Iran, Isarel, America...It's all just names of team-players.
It's a game, it's always been a game.

I love George Green's take on this. They want to start a war in the Middle-East to further promote their agendas.

The people at some point would have to step up and say "we had enough of this #".
Nobody wants war, not the people of Israel, and surly not the people of Iran.
It's government, and the people behind them, those who make the rules of the game, the higher power. Those who doesn't care about the American constitution.

We just have to say NO to this game.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Revealation

Okay, this is for the record.
So you agree with the tax increase if necessary.

Check your signature, rather ironic actually, almost zenny.
Stop supporting TERRORISM !!!! Stop paying your Taxes!!!! ha ha

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Professional Troll hard at work i see "kill everything , natural selection still exists through violence, i liek school shootings ------- insert "controversial statement here" also im an israeli apologist but attempt to mask it poorly" i am sick of this guy israel = ok but zionism = cancer infact all religion = cancer so shove that dooper.... oh but i respect your opinion if you KNOW WHAT I MEAN *wink wink*

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeTan
I don't want war with Iran. They might even be our allies in a revolution. I've read posts and articles about true Iran and I think they are a very nice people, not the monsters who are portrayed in the media.

I would love peace with Iran and I personally feel that the real people of the united states would be better off with being peaceful with Iran. Just how I feel on the matter.

Its Iran's GOVT who are the worlds enemy. They tell the world they want to wipe Israel off the map. THAT is what makes RATIONAL people in this world VERY nervous.
How can this world ever have peace with governments like Iran and North Korea? Do we sit back and wait until they push the button, or wait until their nukes get in the hands of terrorists? Iran is the biggest supporter of terrorism in the world.
So what should those of us who want world peace do? Wait for WW3 or take the threats out before they destroy the whole planet and everything in it?

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Yes my apologies I was responding to someone else my bad

As for Irans oil, I thought the question was about going to war over the Nuclear research. Don't go adding a new layer when you get a answer you don't want to hear

What about Pakistan? Israel and India should not be allowed to have them and we can't leave out Pakistan now can we? No unlike Iran the previous countries have not made statements about wanting to remove another country from the map.

Well now too the UN. Well if they won't follow up on a binding treaty they should be told to pee up a rope. When you sign a treaty and don't follow through you show what you are made of. N korea does anything warlike even Russia and China are required by the treaty to get involved. But i gotta admit if the Un did nothing in this hypothetical what could honestly be done. I am not a big fan of the UN, like any group it suffers from human nature. The Iraq oil deals that where made by the former Un heads son when there were sanctions is just one of many. See N.Korea is a UN problem and they may have to one day actually step up and do something, but it is a big if that they would.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by rationaluser

You really are overly emotional, and those emotions are precisely why we have all these problems we do today.

The most miserable of human conditions is one of uncertainty.

I'm just a rational, task-oriented person. Given a task, I weigh the options, attach a cost to each option, and then choose the option that will solve the problem with the least amount of blood and money to MY SIDE.

I don't give a damn about the casualties on the OTHER side. They are the ones who brought themselves to the moment - let them worry about it.

There is a way to end this quickly, efficiently, and in a most cost-efficient manner.

To do anything less is beyond stupid, it prolongs everyone's suffering, and will result in a hundred-fold deaths of innocents.

Solve the problem.

It then frees you up to address the next problem.

And the next.

There's always another enemy on the horizon. Always.

The longer you dick around with the one at hand, the greater the threats of the other enemies, and the greater the number.

You people must love seeing misery and destruction continue unabated.

That is what's sick.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
reply to post by rationaluser

You really are overly emotional, and those emotions are precisely why we have all these problems we do today.

The most miserable of human conditions is one of uncertainty.

I'm just a rational, task-oriented person. Given a task, I weigh the options, attach a cost to each option, and then choose the option that will solve the problem with the least amount of blood and money to MY SIDE.

I don't give a damn about the casualties on the OTHER side. They are the ones who brought themselves to the moment - let them worry about it.

There is a way to end this quickly, efficiently, and in a most cost-efficient manner.

To do anything less is beyond stupid, it prolongs everyone's suffering, and will result in a hundred-fold deaths of innocents.

Solve the problem.

It then frees you up to address the next problem.

And the next.

There's always another enemy on the horizon. Always.

The longer you dick around with the one at hand, the greater the threats of the other enemies, and the greater the number.

You people must love seeing misery and destruction continue unabated.

That is what's sick.

Makes you sound like an emotionless robot more than a human being, but if thats how you choose to live your task orientated life, with an enemy on every horizon you'll be the one living in misery.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Speaker4truth - You do not seem to look too hard for truth!

It is just a dangerous myth that Ahmadinejad said he wanted to "wipe Israel off the map".

What he said (which was actually a quote itself!) was "The Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time."

What he was referring to was the wish to remove the Regime governing Israel - nothing else. Please see this link What Ahmadinejad actually said...

Also it should remembered that Israel already have a full ILLEGAL nuclear arsenal no doubt aimed squarely at Iran. If you were in that position wouldn't you think you had the right to develop nukes?

I'm not taking sides - just trying to put the record straight.

Th Rat

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Whatever.

When it comes to me and mine OR them and theirs, I guarantee you, I'll make it them and theirs every single time.

Since you find this offensive, then you appear to be willing to sacrifice you and yours, just for the sake of showing emotion.

I just know with this attitude, your family and friends are really counting on you.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Ratman

By stating the goal of removing the regime of Israel, he's saying Israel. That's the nation itself.

What if he said your government in your capitol should be forcibly removed?

It means your country.

It means you.

No, this guy Ahmajhackoff meant exactly that. He wants Israel wiped off the map, forcibly destroyed, exterminated, or whatever phraseology you prefer.

The meaning is all the same.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

The regime is the government not the nation.

As I said, I'm not about to take sides. In this case both sides are wrong and need to take a step back from the edge before they obliterate each others countries.

The Rat

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
If it meant that my family was safer from nutjobs in the Middle East, then nuke the hell out of them. Black-top the place, put a big mall in the middle, and send teenagers there to hang out and shop.

Israel? Nukes? Fine. They don't threaten me or mine. They want to live in peace.

As far as I'm concerned, lets do all the fighting over there.

It just means less fighting here.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
WHAT IS IT GOING TO TAKE FOR YOU TO STOP KILLING?

Donkypeople! STOP!

presstv.com...
IRAN DUMPS THE DOLLAR

[edit on 27-9-2009 by gusan]

[edit on 27-9-2009 by gusan]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by gusan

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. ~John Stewart Mill

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join