It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We want war! We want war!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Okay, okay, I get it, some of you in America are itching to have a fight with Iran. You find the UN and other nations are utterly useless and consider diplomacy simply wouldn't work. Fine I get that. But are you willing to pay for it? Supposed the president is McCain and not Barack, and he needs some money to pay for this. Will you let McCain raise your taxes?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

Personally I would prefer not to have to go to war w/Iran. But considering how well diplomacy has worked what do you think the solution is more negotiations?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Bombing Iran wouldn't cost more than a couple $billion. That could come out of what has not been spent in the 'stimulus' bill. Or, we could cut foreign aid to Pakistan.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by stevegmu]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
We do not want a war with Iran. We as in the people who would be out there fighting and dying and back home paying for it. The rich white guy Mafia certainly wants it because they covet their oil and want to spend more tax money on the military industrial complex.

Our main export seems to be ordinance now days and that would be the kind with live fuses dropping from aircraft or being launched from submarines or surface fleet craft.

The diplomacy of the United States over the last decade has been concentrated on smart bombing and more recently smart bombs launched from robot drones.

We can only hope things will change because we can not seem to vote in a peace candidate.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

Then you can bomb Israel for having illegal nuclear weapons and breaking many international laws.I mean,your keen to bomb Iran for maybe trying to obtain illegal nuclear weapons and breaking international laws.Seems Israel is actually top priority! Don't worry i already know what the reply will be,cherry picking is a good past time.I don't know what american public opinion is but i don't think it would be high when it comes to a war right now for some reason....

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Oh that means India and Pakistan too? Russia and China have huge monetary investments in Iran so of course diplomacy won't work. Yea can't forget France and Germany too

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I don't want war with Iran. They might even be our allies in a revolution. I've read posts and articles about true Iran and I think they are a very nice people, not the monsters who are portrayed in the media.

I would love peace with Iran and I personally feel that the real people of the united states would be better off with being peaceful with Iran. Just how I feel on the matter.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Doesn't America pay for just about everything. Always donotaing, supplying and helping everyone who hates the US. Everyone always turns to us to lead the pack because we get stuck footin the bill.

The IRONY.Help those who hate you.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
yeah you know, first thing I think when i get up everyday is: "who should we bomb today"

Come on lol

Almost no one wants a war, even the biggest trash talkers out there if asked seriously do you "want" to go to war most would say no.

But what WE want and what the Pentagon wants are 2 totally different things.

There is no nation on Earth that hasn't suffered this problem, you put people in charge of "defense" and if they do a good enough job at it and there is nothing to defend against having the rights and power they do at that time it becomes "offense" and then your nation is screwed up until the point someone elses defense works better than your offense.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Diplomacy should likewise have a deadline.

Give them a choice, give them a finite deadline, and once the deadline passes, you take out the back of their head.

It's a very simple concept that has been effective, 100% of the time, over the millennia.

Cost/benefit.

Life or death.

Survival or eradication.

It's amazing what can be done when it's all out there on the line.

Credibility. It's so painfully slow to acquire, and so easy to lose.

Credibility is not acquired by hand-wringing, wondering if the opponent is going to be able to successfully stall until your own opportunity is missed.

Delay only benefits your foe.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
First let me restate my question. Are you willing to pay for it?

Secondly, Iran is trying to have nukes because Israel already has nukes. At this rate Iran WILL have nukes. It's too late to reverse it. So you can only stop it right.. with conventional war... that's your idea, okay. Seriously I get that.

But... do you have it all figure out, because you all say that you don't want war, that's what you said, but somehow that's not what happened with the Iraq war. You go to war, and it's for the wrong reason, with the wrong intel, the wrong plan, wrong everything. Do you go to war because you already think things through or you just always need an enemy to play heroes for yourself.

Thirdly, if you think the UN doesn't help, maybe you should have one of those tea parties to stop the US government donating to the UN, it'll be a lot of savings I guess, it'll cut the deficit, even if it's just by a little. I just hope there'll be no consequences that comes out afterward.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Am I willing to pay for it?

We've already paid for it. All those nice, shiny, expensive missiles and very expensive payloads are all bought and paid for.

And there is no way in hell you have to resort to conventional warfare. No way.

A handful of high-impact weapons, a couple nuclear EMP's, then you roll the bombers in for a couple of weeks, and go home.

Tell them - and others - this proliferation will not be tolerated.

End of story.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Well Iraq was finishing the mess that was started in 92. You know the one where the troops were pulled out before they could finish what was started. By the way the UN was who gave Israel to the Jews and with China and Russia dragging their heels is it no wonder diplomacy did not work. Since it appears their attempt to force our hand has worked yea we should do something. And I say it comes out of the money we send to countries in need. Since those very same countries hate us so much let them deal with their own messes.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by dooper

Am I willing to pay for it?

We've already paid for it. All those nice, shiny, expensive missiles and very expensive payloads are all bought and paid for.

And there is no way in hell you have to resort to conventional warfare. No way.

A handful of high-impact weapons, a couple nuclear EMP's, then you roll the bombers in for a couple of weeks, and go home.

Tell them - and others - this proliferation will not be tolerated.

End of story.

Just go home? What about Iran's oil?

Proliferation will not be tolerated? Okay. What about Israel illegal nuclear weapons. What about North Korea? Do you want to pull the same stunt with North Korea?

You don't think this thing through, do you? And seriously, EMPs? Like Electromagnetic pulse?

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Seems that you assume that the oil is the only thing about Iran we have issue with in the US. If tree hugging was not such a popular pastime in our country we would start using our own oil. But no it's better to get it elsewhere. Any country that has a "supreme leader" picking the winner of a election has government problems
The Iranian people I hold no grudge against, some of them dislike their leaders as much as we dislike ours. The leaders of the countries well that is a different story.

It seems you are just so happy about Israel having nukes, well have they used them? Will they, only if they get ganged up on. Again you seemed to dodge my statement about India and Pakistan. They have had nukes for a few years and they are at a stalemate. Should we go after them also, since you are of the view we Americans want to blow everything up!

Oh yea quite a few counties in Asia would love us to do something about N. Korea. We don't cuz of the treaty ending the Korean war would require the UN to go to war if they get a little to rammy.

[edit on 27-9-2009 by hangedman13]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Am I willing to pay for it? Like I really have a choice either way? The day we get to choose whether or what for our taxes are paid is the day....

Well, that day just ain't coming. Until the day that NO ONE pays taxes anymore, and that will be a dark, dark day.

I vehemently oppose any military conflict outside the ones in which we are already engaged, and I also oppose the way in which the current engagements have been and are being conducted. We cannot afford them and never could.

As far as who's presiding over governance either realistically or alternatively...

We are all going to pay more taxes. All of us.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13

Seems that you assume that the oil is the only thing about Iran we have issue with in the US.

Oh no, you don't get it. Iran is the fifth largest oil supplier in the world. If you just go home after you bomb it, what will happen to it, that's what I was saying to dooper. You also don't think about this too, do you?

It seems you are just so happy about Israel having nukes, well have they used them? Will they, only if they get ganged up on. Again you seemed to dodge my statement about India and Pakistan.

I'm not dodging your statement, you were talking to Solomons, I'm not Solomons. And if you intend to wage a war, make sure it's the right one.

They have had nukes for a few years and they are at a stalemate. Should we go after them also,

It's a double standard if you let Israel and India have it but not the others. You should pursue anti proliferation for them all or do something else, don't resort to double standard.

since you are of the view we Americans want to blow everything up!

I said some americans, not all.

Oh yea quite a few counties in Asia would love us to do something about N. Korea. We don't cuz of the treaty ending the Korean war would require the UN to go to war if they get a little to rammy.

But the UN won't do anything about it remember? What will you do about it then?

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Yeah war is peace now that the democrats are in . Honestly who knows if Iran has a nuke programs after all Sodom Husein had a nuke program..er no wait !! It could be true or are we just being lied too once again .

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpusMarkII
Yeah war is peace now that the democrats are in . Honestly who knows if Iran has a nuke programs after all Sodom Husein had a nuke program..er no wait !! It could be true or are we just being lied too once again .

Unlike Saddam Hussein who denied it, Iran has stated that they are building a 2nd plant.

LA times

Iran test fires missiles

Lug

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by dooper

As usual, the people who would wind up paying with their lives in this potential war are the very peope who were out on the street trying to put an end to the presidency of A-man and his cronies. Their wives and husbands and their children will be the victims.

The mullahs and the sham government of Iran will survive this in their bunkers, I'm sure. The ordinary people that will die as the nukes start mushrooming will be the lucky ones. The unlucky ones would die over the next few weeks from radiation poisoning.

There's a word... NIMBY. Everything is fine as long as it doesn't happen where you live, right? In a world full of nuclear weapons, how long can we expect not to suffer the same consequence if we continue to propose the indscriminate use of them on both the guilty and the innocent.

End of story.

Now that is a real possibility.

[edit on 27-9-2009 by Lug]

[edit on 27-9-2009 by Lug]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join