It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seen a UFO? Tell Your Story!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
When I was a teen, I saw a UFO; I was maybe 15, 16 at the time. My family owns this cabin, we call it "the shack," in upstate New York that's practically in the middle of no where. No electricity for a little while, no running water, quite but pleasant. in that kind of environment there are no lights obstructing your view of the sky.

So one night I was star gazing, and I saw a bright light in the sky that was just bigger than a star. I figured it was an airplane, but it was moving strangely. It would fly quickly along the night sky and would suddenly halt, then dart, then stop; nothing earthly can do that unless it were going a couple of thousands of miles an hour and was able to stop instantly. Then, it just vanished from sight.

That's my UFO story and I've believed without a doubt since. But what about you guys? How many of you out there have seen a UFO, and if not, do you believe in them?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I was vacationing out in Nevada, and there was this one aircraft...

I could not identify it.

It indeed was flying.

And lastly, it was an object.

I have seen so many of these UFO's...and yet there are still no aliens.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ineverknew

I have seen a few things that I can't explain. For starters, there are those flashy things I see all the time when I'm satellite watching. Here's my very crude animation:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9ff8182b9086.gif[/atsimg]

Just a few nights ago, I was driving home with my sis and saw something weird in the sky. It was basically just a bright light that wasn't moving at first. Then it started moving in and out of the clouds. The cloud cover was thick and low so it couldn't have been at a very hight altitude. We pulled over and watched it for about a minute and then it disappeared. When we got home, my other sister was outside and had it seen it too. I'm not sure what it was... it could have been some very mundane object, but it definitely had our attention for a while.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

Swamp gas

I saw an extremely bright yellow and blueish pulsating object above the hills in my home city of Perth. Its hovered for about 45 minutes and then simply vanished. There were also fighter jets present in close proximity to the object just before it dissapeared.

Was a good night, just sitting there with a few stubbies watching it

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
-Jedi mind wave-

You see nothing. It was a weather balloon.

Go back to watching Ameican Idol. It's really good this time.

-Jedi mind wave-

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I've had recalls of seeing a few and being on a few. I would probably have to go under hypnosis. I believe a couple were a golden color and a couple of small white ones or shuttle craft. One shaped like an egg the size of a panel truck and another like an arrow, but closer in size to a small SUV or car. This last one I recall supposedly went to the moon and at least one underwater base.

One memory was in the same area as this one posted, but back in or around the early 70's

www.ufowisconsin.com...

20-30 flying objects with lights of different colors all traveling to same spot, slowing down and disappearing in same place.

It started off with a huge flash we now know was an Iridium flash (east of our place). Then my friend saw a beam of light in the sky (which I didn't see). The first "craft" appeared right where the iridium flash disappeared. It looked like a disc with flashing lights of blue, violet, red, green white. All of these light colors were on each of these ships. There looked like one light of each color on each of these, but they mostly flashed two at a time.

I had for some reason been forced to sleep in the car for punishment and woke up to a strange hum like a huge generator and my hair on my arms was standing up. I saw the lights flashing and thought it was an ambulance.

There's more and I've posted it here before with little to no attention over it. sigh*

[edit on 27-9-2009 by aleon1018]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I didn't see one but I helped others see it.
In 1976 I was middawn announcer at the then lone Cairns radio station (4CA) in Queensland, Australia. I got this call about 12.30am Saturday morning from an police sergeant having a party at his home at Edmonton, then a small town outside Cairns. He said his guests were amazed by a very bright cluster of red,orange and white lights hanging 300 feet above and away from his home which backed onto a sports reserve. I got an earful when I suggested he'd been on the booze. He said partygoers would go onto the reserve and the lights would drift away but then come back again when the guests came back. He wanted me to put the story out so he could get as many witnesses as possible. I did so but despite my requests never got a call back from anyone. I did tell the breakie newsjournalist who interviewed the sergeant and the Edmonton mayor who was at the gathering. he got statewide coverage that morning. Sadly I never kept a copy of the Cairns Post story as evidence.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Seeing what we believe to be some alien spacecrafts, doesn't mean most or any of these are what we'd hoped they were. So when someone mentions it, statistically, they're not very promising. There's almost always some type of mundane earthly explantions from someone.

Even seeing UFOs isn't as interesting anymore. It doesn't really tell us anything special about it. Many now speculate it's part of the secret governments technologies, which can really make many of us angry.
' Thanks for sharing '

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I grew up in a small mining town in northern Chile. My father was working for Andaconda Mining Co. at the time. Chuquicamata is a small town bordered by another small town Calama located high up in the Atacama desert. Back in those days , a DC3 was the only plane used to ferry people in and out of the area. Late one night as my grandfather was taking us home ( my brother and a friend ) from the movie house. We spotted this huge object hoovering over the town's hospital located at the top of a hill. I remember it was silent just sitting there. All the lights were all out in the hospital including the streetlights leading up the hill to the hospital. This object then rotated on its axis to a verticle position. It was at that point we could hear a rumlble , it then shot over the horizon leaving a golden or brass like trail behind it that dissapated slowly. Now 40 years later, my brother and I still talk about that night.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Hi.

In my lifetime,i have seen two ufo's,around 25 years apart.
The first looked nothing like this one,but the second one was almost exactly the classic triangle ufo.

The triangle incident happened around 8 years ago,and was seen by myself and another person.

It was early morning,around about 6am and the pair of us had just started driving to work.The drive was through almost 15 miles of open countryside in the North east of Scotland.I can't remember what time of year it was ,but it must have been winter as it was still dark and the stars could be clearly seen.

Anyway,we had noticed this object almost as soon as we had set off and was in the distance,and probably been around 200 feet in the air(really difficult to tell accurately).

As we drove, we both speculated as to what it might be,coming to the conclusion that it must have been a helicopter perhaps heading for the north sea oil rigs.However after continually watching it during the drive.it was becoming more and more apparent that this object was'nt moving at all.It was just sitting there and the road we were driving on was taking us almost right underneath it!

We both decided that if we ended up beneath it ,we would stop the car,get out and have a look,so that is exactly what we did.

When we got out of the car,we both looked up.We could see the triangle shape with what appeared to be a light at each corner.The triangle was completely black and totally motionless,but the really wierd thing was the sound,no sound at all,absolute silence!

This was when we both started to panic and thought ,"Let's get the **** outta here"!We got in the car and drove away at fairly high speed,all the time looking back and seeing this object,still there still ,unmoving.We watched it until we lost sight of it behind trees.

Part of me now wishes i had stayed a bit longer and i also wish i had a camera with me but this was a time before digital cameras were widely available.

Also interesting to note that a few miles from our sighting lies,"Mormond Hill",which at that time was a NATO listening post with massive sat dishes on the hilltop.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I saw a 'UFO'. It was basically flying extremely fast, and caught my eye, as I thought it was flying quite fast and low for a standard aircraft... It then stopped, literally stopped, and started going backwards, from the direction it just came.

No idea what it was, but it was definately an air craft, and was flying in a way that we can't technologically achieve. Atleast not publically, anyway.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I've had a couple of sightings.

I wrote about my latest one here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If possible leave a comment for me!

top topics

join