It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church can reject gays, single mums for employment

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
This are the passages that are in the New Testament dealing with homosexuality and other sexual sin/behaviors.

1 Corinthians 6:9

9Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

1 Timothy 1:10

10For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

Romans 1:18-32

18For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Source

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

There are passages in the bible that advocate executing homosexuals, does that mean we should allow churches to execute homosexuals?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

Perhaps I did misunderstand - for that I do apologize.

My beef is why all of these agendas are attempting to barge
in, citing discrimination, for the sole purpose of defiling a
church.

It's obvious that this world is indeed ruled by satan, for now.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I couldn't answer that one - I'm still torn on capital
punishment. I know the Bible takes the 'eye for an
eye' stance but...... all I know is that I don't think
I could be the one who pulled the switch, per say.

I think the stoning days were strictly for the people
under the old laws - I think. But I know stoning goes
on in other countries - ........ so I don't know if it's
condoned or condemned.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Sure, the Church, and particularly the Catholic church are involved in all types of investment and business. Some of it may be rather morally questionable as well.

But the issue here is employment WITHIN direct church activities such as schools and places of worship.

Should a girls school be forced by law to employ a confirmed self confessed paedophile or lesbian teacher ?

Thhat may be an every day occurrence in California these days, but it would cause absolute ouproar in conservative Australia.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Perhaps the churches are defiling themselves more than any gay, devil worshiping temp with a nose ring could defile them by engaging in numerous secular activities. It seems that many churches are tax shelters rather than religious organizations.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I agree wholeheartedly with that - it is very difficult to even find a good Bible teaching, Bible believing, non money making church these days.

The Bible covers the 'prosperity preachers' in His Scriptures.

Hinn, Murdoch, TBN, Dollar....... just to mention a few. Why these
orgs are not shut down I don't know. All they do is give the true Christian preachers, and Christians, a bad rap.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
The Bible even says that not all that cry "Lord, Lord......" will enter the gates of Heaven.

I would assume He was referring to a lot of professed Christians and preachers.

I've even emailed a few of the "prosperity preachers" to tell them the dangers of what they are doing. Of course I never heard back from them.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by nomorecruelty]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Silver Shadow

First, we have to distinguish pedophiles from gay people. Pedophiles harm children. Pedophilia is wrong and illegal.

Gay people on the other hand engage in consensual sex acts with other gay people, just like heterosexuals engage in consensual sex acts with other straight people. It is not fair, nor logical to compare a lesbian to a pedophile.

Second, we have to make a distinction between the secular parts of the school curriculum and the religious parts. I am assuming every religious school has both secular and religious components. I think it is fair to only allow qualified people to teach the religious component, and the church should use any criteria they want to determine who is qualified to teach the religious component.

On the other hand, the school should not be allowed to discriminate with regards to the secular component. This is a secular activity that the church happens to be engaged in. Once the church starts getting involved in secular activities, it should be governed by the same laws that govern all of us in our secular activities.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Aw never mind..........

I'm going to bed. Tired of talking pollytics.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by nomorecruelty]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

First, Anti-discrimination laws are designed to protect certain groups of people, like certain racial groups, that are or can be subject to unjust job discrimination. Certain classes of people, like those who like to employ the services of prostitutes, those who use illegal drugs, Pedophiles or those who like to come into work late because they like to sleep in are not subject unjust job discrimination. Thus, these people are not in the protected group.

Second, while it is true some pedophiles are "gay" because they molest children of the same sex, some pedophiles are "straight" because they molest children of the opposite sex. Either way, pedophilia has nothing to do with whether a person is straight or gay, but whether or not they are a piece of garbage.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

So shall I just hire muscled ex football stars because my company is also private, why should the secular laws protect peoples rights ?

Since when is having a particular position with a particular company a right?

Please explain to me the law I can use to walk in anywhere I wish to work and force them to hire me without regard to any qualifications. Please, I'm begging you, as I know several jobs I would love to have but they keep telling me I'm not qualified.

That is the lamest arguement i have seen on ats to date....congratulations

Hmmmm, you must not have been around very long...

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I don't know about discriminatory, but it is hypocritical. According to the Gospels, Jesus did not only accept 'sinners' that came to him, he surrounded himself with them. Now the Church that claims a Papal liniage going back to Jesus himself does the exact opposite...

Originally posted by dbates
Being gay is not a right until someone can prove it's something you're born with.

While the jury is still out on what causes it, the real question is whether an individual can control it. Ask yourself a serious question. Do you have any real control over who you are attracted to or who you fall in love with? Could you just decide tomorrow to change your sexual preference and expect to automatically be attracted to the opposite 'type' just because you consciously decided to? No you could not, and neither can gay people. If we could, trust me, we would. Life would be so much easier!

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Along those lines, religion is not something you are born with. Jewish babies do not pop out of the womb keeping kosher. Muslim babies do not pop out of the womb and start praying five times a day. Catholic babies do not pop out of the womb with a set of rosary beads. People, through some mixture of upbringing and free will, arrive to their choice in religion.

If religion is something you are not born with, it follows we should be allowed to discriminate on the basis of religion. The law and western civilization's well accepted values of religious tolerance clearly prohibit religious discrimination. Therefore, we should not discriminate against people over some quality just because they are not born with it.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

You make very valid points Hotpin.

But parents send their children along to CHURCH schools in the belief that they are going to receive a good correct moral religious (not necessarily Christian) education.

They can always send their children to a state run school, where morals and religion dogma are not such important issues.

There is a common thread that runs through all the world's major religions that teaches right from wrong, reverence for God, and a strict moral code of one type or another.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

I'm not trying to be facitious, but I have absolutely no idea what that has to do with anything I posted???

I said hypocritical, not discriminatory...

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty

My beef is why all of these agendas are attempting to barge
in, citing discrimination, for the sole purpose of defiling a
church.

It's obvious that this world is indeed ruled by satan, for now.

And what agenda might that be?

Im assuming you mean atheism. Not all us atheists want to defile the church, just like not all Christians want to ban homosexuals from their church. In fact I couldnt give two hoots about what you want to believe in. But really to insinuate that we are tools of satan for simply having an alternative belief, seems like a pathetic attempt to discredit atheism subtlely.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Job interviews themselves discriminatary, as speaking as a brit who as just won a major contract for myself in melbourne, which means me leaving the UK (what a shame)
I will be employing the best person for the job (marketing) but at the same time will be interviewing Australians only through my discrimninatary look at CV's.
This is not a slight at oustsiders but a genuine attempt at taking away a few natural unemployed Auzzies off the street, training them, and giving them an opportunity to be good for their country.
In my experience, outsiders work hard but at the expense of the local jobless, and at the same time, the outsiders also do not spend their wages in the local economy but send it back home. Im not saying that is a bad thing but i think in this economic climate we should be looking after our own.
Positive dicrimination the right way, positive.

But church schools are another divisive, elitist thing that in the end of the day educates your child, but so does the public system, especially in Oz coz its way superiour than anywhere else in the world. Fact.
Im english btw and know through personal experience that your public schools are well above anything in britain and america.

[edit on 123030p://f14Sunday by Selahobed]

[edit on 123030p://f20Sunday by Selahobed]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Well its alright for men to not be allowed to work in Womens lingerie stores, I think its fine for a church to not hire people who live outside of their organizations ethical guidelines.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by gYvMessanger
Well its alright for men to not be allowed to work in Womens lingerie stores, I think its fine for a church to not hire people who live outside of their organizations ethical guidelines.

Men are allowed to work in lingerie stores, they just generally do not because its not a typical job for a man to really have.

How do I know....I asked a friend that worked in one

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join