It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are telepathic dreams possible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Like dreams where you meet with people and talk to them, and they know they did once they wake up? Has anyone heard of something like this, or had experience with something like this happening?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Oh, misread your question. Never heard of telepathic dreaming, only precog.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by Petchy29]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I have these dreams. Not where the other person knows about it -
(if that is what you meant) but dreams that are definitely prophetic.

I can dream the exact look and energy of someone in a dream who I will meet a week later - or a circumstance that happens the next day. I have even dreamed names of people that I will encounter once awake. It's a weird thing. I don't pretend to know how or why it happens - I only know that it does and it is kind of fun and kind of scary.

Makes you question what is real. Makes it clear that there is more potential
than what we rely on or what are senses are telling us - or what we have been told.
Unable to control it -at least for now.
But I adore the idea of understanding this and possibly using it for good at some point.

What about you?
Why do you ask?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Oops - I guess I misunderstood as well.
Telepathic is different for sure.
I can't do that - damn!
Sounds like fun though.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I think it's possible, but for me the problem is distinguishing that communication from all the other communication in the dream and then remembering it. Both people would probably need to plan it, have good dream recall, and be dreaming at the same time.

I have had amazing success with telepathically communicating with someone dreaming while I was awake though.

The dreamer was sleeping quietly in the living room for a while when I got the idea. Immediately they began mumbling really loud and moving around before I even used words. Then after a few words I was like, "Dude, you are asleep and I'm not, and we're talking!"

After a while I was like, "Well, I'm gonna go eat now." and he only stopped mumbling when I imagined I put a barrier between my thoughts and him.

Though, it could be some funny coincidence because I haven't had a good chance to try again.

EDIT: Oh, and the person had no recall of any of his dreams except the one he was having when he woke up, which was many hours later, even though we talked for about 5 minutes.

He barely even believed me when I explained it. P:

[edit on 26-9-2009 by borrowedname]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I had a dream in which my girlfriend at the time came to me and told me something I needed to know. Funny thing was when I told her about the dream she got pale and told me she had the same dream but from her perspective. No scenery, only a light behind her and a black void everywhere else.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

It has happened to me, recently in fact with my girlfriend. The dream was rather disturbing so I don't really want to repeat it. But, while the dream contents were different, the same thing expressed in my dream as direct images were expressed in hers with words from another entity.

Actually, going farther back, I kind of met her that way before I met her.

I guess we're sort of strange in that neither goes white or considers it terribly odd. We just talk about it like we'd talk about a movie and work out how it allegorically relates to the waking world.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
wouldn't it be lovely that those conversations made in dreams were, in fact, telepathic connections?...
I have those very often, sadly a lot of people don't remember what they dream...

top topics

join