It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the warriors? We have no chance!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
reply to post by Alxandro

This feminization only pertains to liberal males, however, hence their love for soccer.

Back the truck up, Alxandro. I happen to like soccer.

And beer.
And scotch.
And ninja movies.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Whoa, double post. sorry

BTW,
mikerussellus I'm not slamming soccer, I'm just making a point.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by Alxandro]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

It started with all children playing sports getting trophies. When I was a kid- even in PopWarner, we had to earn a trophy, and a small one, at that. Now kids in last place are getting trophies bigger than my All-American trophy.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

It's cool.

Just had to respond.

And you can spot a liberal male at a sports stadium. He's going to be the one asking for a lite beer.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Hey, what happened to my double post?

I guess it's deja vu all over again, so here I go again:

Regarding soccer:

Ever notice how the closer this country gets to becoming a "Third World Country", the more this country begins to excel in soccer.

People want this country to be just like Europe, well be careful what you ask for because they need to be reminded that the "warrior gene" in Europe died off years ago.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
That Bonnie Tyler song pisses me off... makes women out to be unable to take care of themselves... must wait for that "white knight" fairy tale b.s and (such a pet peeve!) not to mention the fact that I now have it stuck in my head!

And for sh.ts and giggles: If the "doers" want to buff up, here you go...

www.crossfit.com...

[edit on 26-9-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
That Bonnie Tyler song pisses me off... makes women out to be unable to take care of themselves... must wait for that "white knight" fairy tale b.s and (such a pet peeve!) not to mention the fact that I now have it stuck in my head!

Now calm down lil' missy. Don't want you to swoon. . .

-kidding, I'm kidding-

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Now calm down lil' missy. Don't want you to swoon. . .

-kidding, I'm kidding-

bawhahaha! o.k. I'm good ... deep breath ... a little John Wayne goes a long way.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The "Warriors" Happen to be evolving and developing real strategies.

I consider myself amongst the "Warriors"

We have many different routes to take and decisions to make, regarding the safety of our families and the preservation of freedom.

Some...
Have decided to take the intellectual route and go to war with the real people in charge. (HR 1207, Gathering Delegates, knocking on doors, or conversing with the avg. Joe on the street)

Some...
Have decided to take it to the streets and are realizing the only other people out on the streets with them, are un-informed simple minded anarchist.

Some...
Have decided to lay low and prepare for the long haul. (Gathering goods and networking with others who will be in this and survive to see ACTUAL CHANGE)

Once again...
Real freedom comes with great responsibility and sacrifice.

This is not a game, but this is also some of the most exciting times we live in.

This is the most important time in world history and we are all here to see it.

Be grateful and fortunate you are here to bear witness.

Thank You ATS for everything you make possible!

Peace

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

I know what you mean.
That's due to political correctness, another liberal idealogy that has evolved and has now killed this country, and it's still not over.
This stems from the idea that "praise" develops a stronger, more confident child, but in fact it has back fired and has created cocky kids with chips on their shoulders.

Sure little Johnny has failing grades but that's ok, let's teach him the test and pass him anyway because we certainly don't want to hurt his feelings.
Let's also give them a giant trophy for their "goose egg" effort.

All while the rest of the world continues to out perform these same kids in academics and all while our enemies continue to get stronger.

Maybe that's been the plan all along???

Which leads us back to the topic at hand. WHERE ARE THE WARRIORS?
Probably padding themselves on the back for breaking a high score somewhere.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Yes, an episode of King of the Hill comes to mind when Bobby joins the soccer team.
There is a bright side. Should something catastrophic happen, I won't need to horde food and supplies- I'll just find out where the defenseless pacifist gunless liberals are, and take theirs.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Silver Shadow

Yeah sure like the rest of the world is so peaceful. Gimme a break! Go to China, Africa, SouthEast Asia. Without precisely applied violence and anarchy nothing will change. Ghandi and MLK have changed nothing in America. Tyranny is worse than it's ever been in the US. MLK was assassinated just like JFK. You think these people care what we "say". They sure will care when they fear to step foot outside their door or out in the public. That's the kind of fear that will really change. You think the American Revolutionaries would have changed anything with peace signs and flowers? How about the French? They'd still be living under a dictatorial monarch if it wasn't for the guillotine!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
Should something catastrophic happen, I won't need to horde food and supplies- I'll just find out where the defenseless pacifist gunless liberals are, and take theirs.

You can't do that because you might hurt their feelings.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
They'd probably only have hummus and tofu anyway.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Alright guys. I'm reporting you to sensitivity seminars.

You might offend some guy who thinks he's a warrior because he changed the oil in his car, once, fifteen years ago.

These new-age warriors can scratch and bite too. So get your tetnus shots.

What would define a modern day warrior? Seriously.
Not one of these tofu eating nancies either. I mean a real warrior.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
The new bred of urban warriors hangs out in the WI-FI coffee and sandwich houses, chugging down double shot chocolate and caramel lattes, while eating their Arugula Strawberry salads and Asiago Cheese bagels...as they play with their computers, and gawking at some hottie across the way!

Or they are at the in door Skate Board arenas, practicing their sweet moves!

Why do you think that the Army has to continually lower its recruiting standards on both fitness and education. They have said; the nation is in trouble.

When I got my C&C permit, most of the guys there, and two women were in their late thirties and early forties. None of them were very good shots. If fact, they sucked. I was shocked. Even with the friendly 9mm, they had difficulty hitting the target dead center. There was one older fella who brought a 44 magnum revolver, and shot two holes through the roof. It really pissed off the owner. They made him quit!

I nailed my targets with tight Three Inch clusters, dead center, with my 45. S&W.

Of course I have had many years of shooting many types of firearms,
including pistols. I am a retired old fart, who wouldn't stand a chance with today's sharp shooters and snipers. I am old school, and out of the game.

I was told that today's common infantry soldier in the field, is not that good of a shot. They compensate with full auto firepower, pouring as much lead into the red dot as they can. Most rely on scoped rifles. Very few are proficient with just iron sights.

Seems that most of our guys ( warriors ) who are discharged and come home, make themselves scarce afterwards. Who could blame them?

Anyway, I got a veggie cream cheese on sour dough bagel with a cup of green tea waiting to be eaten...later!

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Confused and Dazed!

Sounds like you're another aged old fart like me. Vet, that is.

These pups would panic if they had to go without tweeter, Wi-Fi, or electricity for a day!

When was the last time they used a knife to whittle? Other than carve a chunk of brie, that is.

-short story-

My oldest son once botched a report for school. He used spell-check on his computer and did it badly. Gramatically incorrect.

So, to correct that, I bought him a typewriter, and a dictionary.

He has since graduated (a year early) and can write a job application without errors.

These puppies need to grow up.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by mikerussellus]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Confused and Dazed!

You are correct. Today's Army can't shoot for ****.

They were never taught.

I'll get flamed, but to me one of the greatest responsibilities of parents are to prepare their children for what they may run into out in the world.

One of the first things that would do that, aside from an education (our education system sucks too) is to teach all your children to shoot. Not just which end is which, but familiarity that comes with great skill and instinct - which takes much practice.

One of your children or grandchildren ends up in the military - you sure as hell better not leave the learning how to shoot up to the Army. It's a little late then.

A very high percentage of the casualties I saw in combat were those who lacked shooting/hunting skills. Instead of being so very familiar with firearms, and having ingested those skills until it was part of their nature, some would have to pause to think about what they were doing.

And those little pauses in combat cost lives.

You cannot predict your own future.

You cannot predict your children's future.

But you can prepare them for what comes. Marksmanship in the US is rapidly becoming as rare as perfect SAT scores.

And our casualties in our conflict reflect that very fact.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Some of them are teaching some of us "kids" a few things. As for the others I think they are gathering intel. When shtf we need a plan and some organization. Why would the real warriors expose themselves now? The time ain't right but when it is me thinks we will all be surprised

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

I do no think preparing Warriors would communicate on the net, by cell,

landline or any means of electronic communications. ^Y^

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join