It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Origin of Species - A new look

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Deny Arrogance
reply to post by davesidious

Nobody on that page even claims to have created a protocell.

How to create a proto cell at home? Fill a glass with water. Mix in any phospholipids. You're done - hydrophobic effect takes care of the rest. You now have proto cells (double lipid membrane enclosed vesicles).
edit on 14-10-2013 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Phage
Kirk Cameron (Remember him?) is hawking the give away of free copies of Origin of Species on it's 150th anniversary. Strange? Not really, it's a "special publication", a 50 page preface has been added to it. What's in the preface?

[edit on 9/26/2009 by Phage]

The woman in that YouTube is about the most offensive turd I've ever seen. I stopped watching when she tried to say that Kirk Cameron (who is also a moron) was a lying snake for saying that children in our schools can't pray and can't open the Bible. Which is for the most part 100% Correct.

This woman is dumb, offensive, why would you post such filth.

People who wear ancient religious symbols because they are "spiritual" also offend me, she wears the ankh because it's trendy, but she doesn't sacrifice the Apis Bull because she's an idiot.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

rhinoceros

Deny Arrogance
reply to post by davesidious

Nobody on that page even claims to have created a protocell.

How to create a proto cell at home? Fill a glass with water. Mix in any phospholipids. You're done - hydrophobic effect takes care of the rest. You now have proto cells (double lipid membrane enclosed vesicles).
edit on 14-10-2013 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

This is ...guh...

There is no proven method of taking naturally occurring organic compounds and transforming them into even the most simple replicating cell.

NONE AT ALL.

All the experiments that have shown early life forming from soups of amino acids contained just that, amino acids and already deconstructed building blocks of actual cells.

You can't take any other naturally occurring organic compound and do it.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeMason

You should have kept watching . . . you would have been educated, as nothing she said was untrue.

Even the part that got your goat and made you "switch the channel" . . . Students can pray and open bibles at school whenever they wish . . . as long as it doesn't interfere with the teacher's lesson. What can't be done in public schools is prayer or bible study led by the school (teacher), as it is a government funded entity and not every student wishes to hear or believes in Christian mythology. However, almost every school in America as some sort of student led group that meets for prayer or study before or after school . . . at least every Jr High or HS I attended, taught in, or my son attended.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I would like one of those "free" copies!!

Nothings free....

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

She's amazing.

2nd line.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

solomons path

You should have kept watching . . . you would have been educated, as nothing she said was untrue.

Even the part that got your goat and made you "switch the channel" . . . Students can pray and open bibles at school whenever they wish . . . as long as it doesn't interfere with the teacher's lesson. What can't be done in public schools is prayer or bible study led by the school (teacher), as it is a government funded entity and not every student wishes to hear or believes in Christian mythology. However, almost every school in America as some sort of student led group that meets for prayer or study before or after school . . . at least every Jr High or HS I attended, taught in, or my son attended.

If she didn't disgust me so much I would have kept watching.

What disgusts me is her "contempt", she is not intellectual but hateful, I can sense it strong in her. You know, like the force.

"Hate is strong in this one".

Students cannot pray or have Bibles or whatever to believe other wise is to ignore the mounting evidence that such events are being shut-down by schools across the nation.

www.valuesvoternews.com...

Example after example after example. Your one or two experiences has no bearing on the matter.
www.aclu-tn.org...
edit on 14-10-2013 by FreeMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
And what really bothers me about her is her use of pagan symbols when all she is is a new-age poser. She doesn't sacrifice to the old gods, all she does is wear pagan symbols because it's "hip". Her beliefs are as flimsy as her arguments.

But she has the gall to go around and preach her ignorance.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I'm not sure your links prove what you think they do...

The ACLU link clearly states that students can meet as long as it doesn't interfere with school curriculum or activities and other like groups are afforded the same opportunity. What is not allowed is particating in class, school led or sponsored programs, or programs led by non school (outside) entities.

Which is exactly what I said...

The problem is that Christians think they should be able to proselytize in public schools and when they can't, they cry about persecution and conspiracy.

The solution is simple for Christians... Pay for your kids to go to a religious based private school.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
...."in the top 50 universities in the US, in the fields of psychology and biology, 61% of Professors describe themselves as either atheist or agnostic"............

I can see where religious belief across the board in the US would be higher (as it seems to have the largest religious/fundamentalist population outside of the less educated developing nations/third world nations) but thought atheist/agnostic would be much higher than that. If the remaining believe in the Cameron/Comfort type of magical sky fairy it would be very surprising.

The cognitive dissonance must be immense.

edit on 14-10-2013 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: for the heck of it

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Chemistry shows us the molecules of inorganic bodies uniting to produce crystals of regular forms that are invariable for each species, as soon as those molecules find themselves in the conditions necessary to their combination. The slightest disturbance of those conditions suffices to prevent the union of the material elements, or, at least, to prevent the regular arrangement of the latter which constitutes the crystal.

Why should not the same action take place among the organic elements? we preserve for years the seeds of plants and of animals, which are only vivified at a certain temperature and under certain conditions: grains of wheat have been seen to germinate after the lapse of centuries. There is, then, in seeds a latent principle of vitality, which only awaits the concourse of favorable circumstances to develop itself.

May not that which takes place under our eyes every day have also taken place at the origin of the globe? Does this view of the formation of living beings brought forth out of chaos by the action of the forces of nature itself detract in any way from the glory of God? So far from doing this, the view of creation thus presented to us is more consonant than any other with our sense of the vastness of His power exerting its sway over all the worlds of infinity through the action of universal laws.

This theory, it is true, does not solve the problem of the origin of the vital elements, but nature has mysteries which it is as yet impossible for us to explain.
_allan Kardec

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join