It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Famous Doctored Photos in the World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Here are the 10 most famous doctored photos in the world with captions telling all about them.

oddee.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Nice page but at least the 2nd one doesn't look doctored to me. Just different focal lenghts used which causes the effect piling things together or apart.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Nice page but at least the 2nd one doesn't look doctored to me. Just different focal lenghts used which causes the effect piling things together or apart.

I searched around on that site and found something that sayes it wasn't doctored.

not doctored

Even though i don't really understand what doctored means. Like in posed?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Kind of OT but the link on that site to the invisible man photos was pretty cool:

www.odditycentral.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by colloredbrothers

Doctored / Staged. This was claimed to have been staged. Other photos are obviously doctored in photoshop.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
The doctoring of the Bush photo is pretty dang good! And for the Bush haters, this would surely have convinced them that he was a bumbling fool, way too mentally challenged to be POTUS. But that discussion is for other threads, past, present and future.

As for a caption for the Bush photo, perhaps it could be "Mr President, if you hold the book THIS way, it says, 'The goat went to the store.', not mxilpulxly."

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Not even close to a good photoshop job.

What appears to be a blackbird on the back cover is against the outer edge of the book in the girls hand and against the spine in Bush's. Also, the black at the top of the spine on the girl's is at what would've been the bottom of the spine on W's.
Lacks attention to detail.

The second one is clearly a perspective issue, not a doctoring, as was previously mentioned, although the people could've been staged to pose in emotional states, but who knows.
I think the staged Georgian ones in Reuters is telling of the bias evident there.

Hmmm, this one seemed to have been missed. I thought it was a pretty famous one.
www.boingboing.net...

[edit on 26-9-2009 by digger2381]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   

You are 100% correct. The author fails to notice the curb in which the body rests upon, if they moved the body did they also move the curb? Note also where the old man is standing, you will find that the old man is standing in the same position as he was in the previous photo. I almost acted in writing but apparently several already did but the picture was never removed.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Robert Capa was famous for saying "If your picture isn't good enough, you're not close enough." Ironic, then, that he died stepping on a landmine. Perhaps backing off would have been better, given the circumstances...

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

reply to post by colloredbrothers

Doctored / Staged. This was claimed to have been staged. Other photos are obviously doctored in photoshop.

If thats the case then id say this is easily the most famous staged photo in the world taken by Joe Rosenthal / The Associated Press

This is the real flag raising at IWO Jima taken by Staff Sergeant Louis R. Lowery.

Wiki

This is my own award winning photoshopped version

[edit on 27-9-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by VitalOverdose

I like your photo shopped version of putting up that tower. that is really good VitalOverdose. You should be doing that sort of stuff for a living by putting an add in Ebay that you will photo shop peoples pictures for a price.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Thats not a bad idea. Ill look into that, thanks.

Evil Bush senior

[edit on 28-9-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
A national publication to which I subscribe included the infamous Reuters photos of the town of Gori victims in its coverage of the Georgian situation. I e-mailed the magazine's photo editor with my concerns about the evidence brought to light that it could be staged and challenged him to defend their publication in two separate editions. This is a copy/paste of his e-mail reply (I've X'ed out the name of the publication in the event that are legal issues in doing so):
"Thanks for your email regarding the the photo from Georgia that we published in our Year in Pictures Issue. I was aware of the controversy surrounding the photos, that they were staged. I have seen contact sheets from the shoot which detail the circumstances. I don't believe the photo was staged.
I can assure you that XXXXXX would never knowingly publish a staged news photo and we take pride in the veracity of our journalism. Also, Reuters News Agency stand by the authenticity of the photo in question."

They still looked staged to me.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Staged how? I don't see it.

top topics

join