It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jewish Women Dating Arabs Given Psychiatric Intervention

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
Inter-religious, not interracial.
This sort of thing happens in just about all religions, not just with Jews.
I take it you are outraged Sunnis don't date Shiites?

By modern governments, this is a surprise after the millinium. In the past you statement was the norm, not currently. Why would they be trying to shove people with all of the science, and buried science back to the dark ages? Well here is the big question! Why havnet the people said NO, and lined up at their offices enmasse yet?

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Jews are to not be unequally yoked. If you are a Jew you cannot marry a non-Jew. Just as a Christian is to not marry a non-Christian. If the husband or wife is an unbeliever, God will bless the marriage for the sake of the believer.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
So what?

This is no different than religious fanatics here in America who are trying to "rescue" gays.

I'm not a fan of Israel but let's not tear the whole country apart just because of this...let's look at our own nation first before we make any judgment.

That would be nice, but it's not that easy, sadly:

Hostility to intimate relationships developing across Israel's ethnic divide is shared by many Israeli Jews, who regard such behaviour as a threat to the state's Jewishness. One of the few polls on the subject, in 2007, found that more than half of Israeli Jews believed intermarriage should be equated with "national treason."

[edit on 27-9-2009 by Wachstum]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Unfortunately this sort of thing is nothing new.

Its funny but usually in these situations the other side of the coin is mostly ignored.
By that I mean the perceived threat of Israeli men dating or having sexual relationships with Arab women probably wouldn't be as much of a priority as preserving the "virtue" of the Israeli women that in situations like this are mostly seen simply as property.

Keep your hands off our women; by the way is your daughter free tonight?

Reminds me of those staunch segregationist males in the south that fervently railed against intermixing with blacks...especially black males...but secretly fathered numerous children with black women.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury.

Well...this is life.

- Lee

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Well...this is life.

- Lee

And that's why I hate it

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthSeeker8300
Jews are to not be unequally yoked.

They said the same thing about Humpty Dumpty .

And we all know how that finished up .

-------------------------------------------------------------

We are not beasts of burden . Cast off your yoke.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
To be a citizen of Israel, you must be born of a Jewish mother. That would likely be the reason why there are more restrictions on Jewish women.

def. of Semite: a member of any of various ancient and modern peoples originating in SW Asia, among whom are the Hebrews and Arabs. A Jew. A member of any of the peoples supposedly descended from Shem.

Ironic, isn't it? Jews being anti-Semitic.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
If the couples involved are mature i.e, above 18 yrs old then the idiot officials need to be admitted into psychiatric hospital and anyone who supports them. If the couple involved are not mature then the parents should decide in the child's best future. Simple !

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
Ironic, isn't it? Jews being anti-Semitic.

Just as much as Muslims being anti-Semitic, isn't it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join