It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is is it just me or is Everything all upside down in this world?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I was watching the new Star Trek movie recently, and I saw how Kirk and so many other cadets spoke of warp speed, spacial physics and a whole other bunch of stuff and knew it so well like their left hand.

And I thought to myself, we will never achieve that stage, we will never evolve to that level of intelligence. I mean how can we when everything is so dumbed down, education sucks, nobody wants to learn and even if they did their education would still suck. So how can we, if we continue this way, ever be star trek-esque?

Then I thought of everything, like how the police are supposed to protect us but instead many, not all, but more and more just oppress us, just look at the G20 protests. The FTC is supposed to protect consumers instead they help maintain monopolies and i'm sure are involved in price fixing, the govt. is supposed to run the country well instead it robs us and uses that money for horrific acts, the pharmaceutical industry is supposed to find cures instead they find different ways to harm us for the almighty dollar, doctors are supposed to heal us instead they prescribe pills known to have more side effects than curing effects.

The media is supposed to inform us, instead they disinform us and makes us hate people who think different or looks different.

Everything is all upside down.

How can our society evolve in this manner?
And the worst part is that it's just getting worse and worse and worse.

Imagine if an alien race were to invade us, we would be the biggest and easiest prey for them because we are all oppressed, dumb, stupid and are all already slaves. The human race would be god's gift to predators of an alien race.

Seriously, they hijacked what we could have become.

Think outside the box for a second and think if what I mentioned wasn't the case and we were all healthy, had zero carcinogens in our bodies and were all well educated in a free market economics world.

Where do you think we would be today, wouldn't we be so far that what we are today?

Haven't they hijacked evolution?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

but then the elite wouldn't get to be at the top of the chain; living in their lavish homes, wearing expensive clothes and accoutrement's...being better than everyone else

[edit on 26-9-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
¡ǝɹǝɥ uʍop ǝpısdn sʞool ƃuıɥʇou 'ʇɐɥʇ uɐɥʇ ɹǝɥʇo

˙sǝıɹnɾ ɔılıɔǝqɯı puɐ sɹǝʎʍɐl ɔıuoɹoɯ 'sǝƃpnɾ ʇoıpı oʇ ǝnp ɹǝɥʇɹnɟ ɥɔnɯ ǝɔuɐʌpɐ ʇ,uoʍ ǝʍ

˙pǝʌɹǝsǝp ʎǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ ʇoƃ sɹǝʇsǝʇoɹd 02ƃ ǝɥʇ

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by wookiee
¡ǝɹǝɥ uʍop ǝpısdn sʞool ƃuıɥʇou 'ʇɐɥʇ uɐɥʇ ɹǝɥʇo

˙sǝıɹnɾ ɔılıɔǝqɯı puɐ sɹǝʎʍɐl ɔıuoɹoɯ 'sǝƃpnɾ ʇoıpı oʇ ǝnp ɹǝɥʇɹnɟ ɥɔnɯ ǝɔuɐʌpɐ ʇ,uoʍ ǝʍ

˙pǝʌɹǝsǝp ʎǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ ʇoƃ sɹǝʇsǝʇoɹd 02ƃ ǝɥʇ

I'd like to think that aliens have come and gone to this little backwater planet we call earth for centuries. Presumably these outsiders are still meddling with society in order to keep us useful until they see fit. Then replace us with genetic hybrids who won't fight back or disobey with there interpretation of the law.

But the protesters at the G20 who want real change aren't going to get it with demonstrations there pulling off. These individual world leaders could careless about the little guy. I'm not saying give up by all means if you want to make the world a better place make a difference in your day to day conversations with people.

Plant the seeds of doubt in people then give it time to grow inside there mind.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Great post!

Indeed I have thought about such stuff many-a-times.

Where should we begin? It seems we are a failed species the world over.

From the povetry of africa, to the overbreeding in asia, to the spanish slavery of south america, to the american police state and the imperialism of past europe.

Two world wars, millions upon millions killed, yet some are planning for a third world war. Do some people never learn or is the wealth, and power associated with the wealth, too great to resist?

America and russia fighting a cold war just for supremacy of political ideology. They went to the moon and mars, again and again, but found nothing but sand dunes. What a waste of tax payer money!

Secret societies colluding with governments to keep people dumb and oppressed, for what? Why else would they be so adamant about secrecy?

Indeed we live in messed up world where the strong survive and the weak purish, much like the animal kingdom. Indeed we are not much different than animals although we like to think we are. So much potential, yet so few positive results.

A world of "could have been", "should have been", but "never was to be"

top topics

join