It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Jacob Discover a Star Gate?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
In his dream, Jacob describes a ladder bridging heaven and earth. He sees perhaps an ARCH-like staircase case where angels both ascend and descend.

Did he veil this experience as a dream because he knew no one would believe him if he told it as a reality?

Did he really stumble onto a star gate, or could he have been describing an abduction?

He also described an encounter with an angel (alien) in which the angel "struck his thigh". This supposedly left an actual physical manifestation as it is said he walked with a limp after this contact.

What do you make of this story he told?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Jacob? A little more specific would help?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Lee_K

The bibilcal Jacob...

Jacob (Hebrew: יַעֲקֹב‎, Standard Yaʿaqov; Septuagint Greek: Ἰακώβ; "heel" or "leg-puller"), also known as Israel (Hebrew: יִשְׂרָאֵל‎, Standard Yisraʾel, Isrāʾīl; Septuagint Greek: Ἰσραήλ; "struggler with God"; pronounced /ˈdʒeɪkəb/[1]), was the third Biblical patriarch and ancestor of the twelve tribes of Israel, named after ten of his twelve sons, as well as the two sons of his son Joseph.

The Bible says he was the son of Isaac and Rebecca, the grandson of Abraham and Sarah and of Bethuel, and the twin brother of Esau. He had twelve sons and one daughter by his two wives, Leah and Rachel, and their maidservants, Bilhah and Zilpah. The children were Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Judah, Dan, Naphtali, Gad, Asher, Issachar, Zebulun, daughter Dinah, Joseph, and Benjamin.[2] Before the birth of Benjamin, Jacob is renamed "Israel" by an angel, the name after which the modern nation of Israel is named.

As a result of a severe famine in Canaan, Jacob resettled his whole family in Egypt, in the Land of Goshen, at the time when his son Joseph was viceroy. Jacob died there 17 years later, and Joseph carried Jacob's remains to the land of Canaan, where he gave them stately burial in the same Cave of Machpelah as were buried Abraham, Sarah, Isaac, Rebecca and Jacob's wife Leah (Genesis 49:29-50:14).

en.wikipedia.org...

Jacob's Ladder is a ladder to heaven, described in the Book of Genesis, which the biblical patriarch Jacob envisions during his flight from his brother Esau.

The description of Jacob's ladder appears in the Book of Genesis (28:11–19):

Jacob left Beersheba, and went toward Haran. He came to the place and stayed there that night, because the sun had set. Taking one of the stones of the place, he put it under his head and lay down in that place to sleep. And he dreamed that there was a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven; and behold, the angels of God were ascending and descending on it! And behold, the Lord stood above it [or "beside him"] and said, "I am the Lord, the God of Abraham your father and the God of Isaac; the land on which you lie I will give to you and to your descendants; and your descendants shall be like the dust of the earth, and you shall spread abroad to the west and to the east and to the north and to the south; and by you and your descendants shall all the families of the earth bless themselves. Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land; for I will not leave you until I have done that of which I have spoken to you." Then Jacob awoke from his sleep and said, "Surely the Lord is in this place; and I did not know it." And he was afraid, and said, "This is none other than the house of God, and this is the gate of heaven."

Afterwards, Jacob names the place, "Bethel" (literally, "House of God").

Jacob's Ladder

Interesting theory OP, I too think there might be something worth investigation (in relation to UEs) in some biblical stories...Thanks for sharing..

[edit on 9/26/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
oh maybe he was describing a stargate, in the only words he knew

how else did one climb higher in those days except by use of a ladder

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
A Stargate, or perhaps beam of light used in abductions.

Definitely a topic worth pursuing.

This is a reason why I say the Bible and science have more in common than most people care to admit.

If Biblical accounts are taken apart verse by verse and not taken so literal, the science connection can then be made and the entire truth will be revealed and understood.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Or perhaps it is what it is on face value, not an abduction scenario, not a Stargate, but an allegory for the ascension and descending of souls to and from Heaven. After all...

Originally posted by hisshadow

And by the by...does am I alone in thinking Stargate was one of the worst things to ever happen to serious UFO research?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
The ARCH-angels are those who bridge the gap between heaven and earth. These are the ones who have interactions with humans. These are the "evil ones" who were kicked out of the heavens and came to earth.

The ROYAL ARCH is the secret society which protects and enforces the covenant agreements. In exchange for their cooperation, they have their rewards in this lifetime. There is no eternal life for them.

The agenda has always been about GENETICS.

When Jacob wrestled with the arch angel, "wrestle" is actually the term for "negotiated". His "thigh was struck"; this is a eupheumism for reproductive organs. In exchange for his co-operation, he was given a certain amount of knowledge in husbandry and used it to breed his herd. Jacob's story is the first historical account of using genetic modification on earth.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Definitely a topic worth pursuing.

How?

The story is thousands of years old and is more-or-less self-contained. All you have left is speculation, forcing your own beliefs and prejudices.

Originally posted by Alxandro
If Biblical accounts are taken apart verse by verse and not taken so literal, the science connection can then be made ...

You run into the same problem as above; when you already convinced there are certain truths to be found, when you start to seek to confirm you prejudices instead of looking for the truth.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
Or perhaps it is what it is on face value, not an abduction scenario, not a Stargate, but an allegory for the ascension and descending of souls to and from Heaven. After all...

Originally posted by hisshadow

And by the by...does am I alone in thinking Stargate was one of the worst things to ever happen to serious UFO research?

It's amazing what these believers will come up with next.

The worst thing to ever happen to serious UFO research has to be all of these "popular" authors, specifically bsmeister Stanton Friedman. There is less than a handful of serious UFO researchers, with Jacques Vallee out in front. If he had decided to write a book about Roswell, it would not have turned out like the pile of crap that is available. The exceptions being 2 books, "The Roswell UFO Crash: What They Don't Want You to Know" by Kal K. Korff, and "Roswell: Inconvenient Facts and the Will to Believe" by Karl T. Pflock, and maybe one or two more by serious, truthful researchers. Believers villify Phil Klass but if there would have been more like him, a lot of the popular authors might have been "shot" down and their published garbage never seen the light of day. Their awful books' content fell on impressionable minds and questioning went out the window.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
In exchange for his co-operation, he was given a certain amount of knowledge in husbandry and used it to breed his herd. Jacob's story is the first historical account of using genetic modification on earth.

That is a rather dubious interpretation. Let's ignore the fact you seem to pull the above out of nowhere and let's look at history. Animal husbandry has existed for as long as humans have domesticated animals, for over 10,000 years. In Jacob's story, it says he fled from Beersheba which has been populated since the 4th Millennium. Simple math tells us domestication and husbandry existed long before this story took place.

Plus, it is rather hard to say that "thigh" is a euphemism for anything when the story is very specific on where the angel touched Jacob, in the "sinew of the hip," that is, a tendon.

What about it says this is about genetic modification?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Doesn't sound like a stargate to me. I think it sounds like a space elevator.

If a space elevator is possible, and I'm not convinced it is, then this sounds exactly like a ladder into the heavens.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Skeptical Ed

I'm not sure what is more amazing, what "these believers will come up with next", or the fact that some guy by the name of "skeptical ed" is rifling all up and down the first page of a conspiracy forum attempting to debunk every thread on it. For somebody who is so hell bent on debunking and dismissing all of the subject matter and condescending towards others who hold different viewpoints than your own, you sure are spending an AWEFUL lot of time on this forum. And this appears to be a trait I see prevelent in a HANDFULL of members here.

LOL

As for the OP, it is something interesting to ponder IMHO. Many events of high strangeness occured in ancient days, and the lack of modernized terms linguistically available leaves one wondering what some of these people may have really saw or experienced.

S & F for an interesting thread.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

How about we discuss the topic instead of other members?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Good theory. I think it is entirely possible that he came onto a stargate in operating mode, it all fits, doesn't it? There is also a school of thought that thinks this stargate may still exist, and lie in Iraq, the ancient land of Sumer and Babylon.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   

In exchange for his co-operation, he was given a certain amount of knowledge in husbandry and used it to breed his herd. Jacob's story is the first historical account of using genetic modification on earth.

That is a rather dubious interpretation. Let's ignore the fact you seem to pull the above out of nowhere and let's look at history.

This is not "pulled out of nowhere". You have simply not done your homework before challenging. The first record of genetic experimentation is discussed in Genesis 30:25-43.

Plus, it is rather hard to say that "thigh" is a euphemism for anything when the story is very specific on where the angel touched Jacob, in the "sinew of the hip," that is, a tendon.

What about it says this is about genetic modification?

"Thigh" IS a eupheumism for sexual organs and reproduction.

For example, "All the souls that came out of Jacob's thigh..." Exodus 1:5

If you want to grasp at straws over the phrases "sinew of the hip" or "hollow of the hip" I suggest you confer with the Jewish Encyclopedia as well as the Septuagint for more accurate translations. You will eventually find it all means the same thing.

Jacob allowed alien experimentation on his progeny. That is why he is called the Father of the Twelve Tribes. These 12 Tribes carry different genetics that make up distinct races of people.

In exchange for his co-operation in these experiments he was given a bit of knowledge as to how genetic modification works and he used this "secret knowledge" in controlled breeding experiments in his herds and flocks.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

This is not "pulled out of nowhere".

What you are doing is reading with a pre-established conclusion and looking for anything that will support its conclusion. You are speculating then confusing the speculation as fact.

The first record of genetic experimentation is discussed in Genesis 30:25-43.

Or it is a record of the divine hand of whatever, helping Jacob out.

Or it's a record of livestock doing what livestock does and a superstitious man 6000 years ago thinking the divine had something to do with it.

"Thigh" IS a eupheumism for sexual organs and reproduction.

It can be, but it doesn't mean that it is. We know they were not using a euphemism when describing the encounter because they are specific he touched a part of his leg, unlike in the example of Exodus 1:5 you cited. They are specific he carried the injury for the rest of his days, but managed to father a child after.

Where as you see genetic experimentation, others see it as the angel demonstrating his power to Jacob, to show he wrestled with no mortal.

In exchange for his co-operation in these experiments he was given a bit of knowledge as to how genetic modification works and he used this "secret knowledge" in controlled breeding experiments in his herds and flocks.

Really now? Then how is it Jacob had this knowledge (Genesis 30:25) before he wrestled the angel (Genesis 32)?

Or why would these aliens have to negotiate or even want to?

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
The scriptures actually refer to many kinds of gates.

Would a reference to a "gate of heaven" not be translated in our time as a "star gate"?

Genesis 28:

16And Jacob awaked out of his sleep, and he said, Surely the LORD is in this place; and I knew it not.

17And he was afraid, and said, How dreadful is this place! this is none other but the house of God, and this is the gate of heaven.

Notice that Jacob describes the place and the House of God as "dreadful".

Does this surprise you?

An interesting transition here below, and a play on words, where "pillow" becomes "pillar". Totally different meanings.

18And Jacob rose up early in the morning, and took the stone that he had put for his pillows, and set it up for a pillar, and poured oil upon the top of it.

It is interesting to note that one of the two free-standing pillars in the Masonic Halls have the word Jachin, which was the name of a grandson of Jacob.

Does anyone have any thoughts or contributions on the subject matter of the co-relation of these pillars?

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Would a reference to a "gate of heaven" not be translated in our time as a "star gate"?

It depends.

It could also be a "gate to Heaven" or it could just be allegory or it could be just a story

Notice that Jacob describes the place and the House of God as "dreadful".

Does this surprise you?

It does not, considering what Jacob says after he wrestles the angel. "I have seen face to face with God and lived." Seems to be a theme running through his encounters with the divine.

Moses had to veil his face after he spoke with God because his face shined.

An interesting transition here below, and a play on words, where "pillow" becomes "pillar". Totally different meanings.

Not entirely sure what you are getting at here.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Maybe it all happened as it says above and people can argue over various meanings.

Or maybe Jacob just had a dream!

I wonder if our civilisation perishes and in 3000 years the next "civilized" group of humans come exploring and find our scripture they take everything as fact.

Maybe this holds no more truth than harry potter or lord of the rings!

new topics

top topics

join