It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meditation for the First Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
What happened was, I imagined the farthests distance of nothing that I could with my eyes closed, then I focused on my breathing, and the hum of some electronics near by. After a while, my vision went to white light with my eyes closed, and I felt like I was just a pair of eyes. I almost felt like I could see with my eyes closed, but at the same time, not actually seeing.

Is that what meditation feels like? Can you give me more information about this?

[edit on 26-9-2009 by Phlynx]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
It sounds like you are on the right track there. Just keep practicing

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
What happened was, I imagined the farthests distance of nothing that I could with my eyes closed, then I focused on my breathing, and the hum of some electronics near by. After a while, my vision went to white light with my eyes closed, and I felt like I was just a pair of eyes. I almost felt like I could see with my eyes closed, but at the same time, not actually seeing.

Is that what meditation feels like? Can you give me more information about this?

[edit on 26-9-2009 by Phlynx]

The part about seeing with your eyes closed, that is what happens to me when I start to lucid dream, very cool. Good luck and keep trying!

new topics

join