It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Video is Fake - Or is it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
For the past week now (even a little bit before the G-20 started), I've noticed in the video comments on YouTube with popular videos having to do with the police that there have been hundreds of people saying the video is "fake." I usually don't pay any mind since YouTube comments are one of the lowest forms of feedback you can get, but the amount of people saying the videos are "fake" seems to have drastically increased. Is there a massive trolling effort going on being perpetrated by a forum or random individuals for their own entertainment, or are there operatives in place deliberately posting these in an effort to steer the public's attention away from this? Of course, there's always the possibility that this many people are just ignorant, but for it to increase at this specific time is a bit suspicious.

Personally, I think that both are occurring, but I'm not sure which side is doing most of it.

[edit on 9/26/2009 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Every time I try to make an argument against the apparent ignorance of people, my ignorance is proven.
I think people are just that gullible, or at bare minimum under informed and over confident.
Then again, it wouldn't take much effort from TPTB to infiltrate a blatant media hypocrisy such as You Tube

[edit on 9/26/2009 by reticledc]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

IMHO I think people are scared to admit that this could be real.

If they were to admit it was real then they would be forced to wake up and take action.

It's easier to cry 'fake' and stay asleep in their warm bubble watching dancing with the stars and munching Cheetos.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by lucentenigma]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by reticledc
Every time I try to make an argument against the apparent ignorance of people, my ignorance is proven.

That statement confused me. Are you saying that when you point out ignorance, your claims of people being ignorant are proven, or your own ignorance is shown by calling others ignorant?

Originally posted by reticledc
I think people are just that gullible, or at bare minimum under informed and over confident.

I think a lot of them also like to follow the crowd. If there's hundreds of trolls or agents yelling "fake," they may not even watch the video and post a "fake" comment themselves.

reply to post by lucentenigma

Who could blame them? Cheetos are delicious.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

As long as they're the crunchy kind. I prefer chili-cheese fritos myself.

[sarcasm] Gotta run, dancing with the stars is about to come on. [/sarcasm]

Back on topic, I think that it's one of the main problems we have in the world, the 'herd' mentality. It's easier to go with the flow the against it.

In times of change, the Patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot - Mark Twain.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by lucentenigma]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Ok, sorry for the confusion.

I would like to think that people are not hopelessly ignorant or "Blind to the world".
Evey time I make a case defending the idea that if given the chance, people can wake up and smell the coffee, I am proven wrong by some egregious stupidity or blatant ignorance.
Only when the SHTF do people wake up.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Thank you for expressing something I've been feeling for a while.

It's just another rhetorical tactic in the web wars.
I personally immediately dismiss comments like that unless they can point out something in the video itself that would support their position - like some of the excellent members that post in the UFO forum and who have technical expertise.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Just like when....

Pittsburgh Police Take a Photo With Arrested Student

this video was brought up on a different forum saying it was staged...

fake? /staged? I don't think so because of the office spitting out orders to pose a certain way.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by TrainDispatcher]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TrainDispatcher

Why? What's the purpose of them posing with somebody they have just arrested? What makes this arrest more special than the countless arrests they've done before? Did they all want a picture to remember the G-20 and all the fun they had?

new topics

top topics

join