It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The secret of real Italian pastas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The dried stuff in the green cans is NOT Parmesan cheese.

That stuff is to real Parmigiano-Reggiano as a fast food hamburger is to prime sirloin steak.

If you have never tried the real thing, you really need to, once you do you may become addicted to its goodness and extraordinary nutrition - it has more protein per gram than any other cheese and most of those protiens are already pre-digested - making it an extraordinary fully natural health food.

See the nutritional features of the real thing HERE

It is 33% protein!

The protein in Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese has two particular characteristics; it is rich in essential amino acids that in turn are easy to digest. Because of the activity of protein enzymes coming from milk and natural whey starter, the casein is broken down into smaller fragments, as it will happen in stomach, so that aged Parmigiano-Reggiano created by this ‘pre digestive’ activity is more easily digested and absorbed by the body.

Beside this the combination of these amino acids with those contained in wheat supply the full gamut required by the body. The degradation of casein during cheese ageing, also reduces a part of it to specific bio active peptides that activate very specific functions either on the gut or secondary organs.

Bio active peptides potentially control various bodily processes by:

* stimulation of the immune system;
* antibacterial activity;
* enhancing of calcium absorption;
* control of blood pressure.

Fat content of Parmigiano-Reggiano is lower than that found in many other cheeses being this cheese done made using partially skimmed milk. Carbohydrates are absent in Parmigiano-Reggiano. Lactose is transformed into lactic acid at the very beginning of the maturation process as part of the process of lowering the acidity level of the cheese as a whole, this being an essentially part of the production process.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Thank you for the helpful information. But are you talking about the powdered stuff or the grated stuff?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
neither!

another comparison is to say any pre-grated, or canned parmesan's are like that pre-sliced cheese with a rubbery texture and each slice wrapped in plastic.

go buy yourself a BLOCK of parmesan and grate it yourself.
i like to use a vegie peeler and very lightly hit the block from different angles with short strokes so you get lots of small, thin slithers or flakes of parmesan for a full bodied flavour.
stir in the pasta while its hot and the flakes melt within.
mmm yum!

if you want quality cheese, you buy it as a block. not as a pre wrapped individual slice, not in a jar or in a tin or in a sprinkle packet.

its that simple.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
i think the stuff in cans is actually hard skin grated from peoples feet.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I thought I was pretty clear in the posting....

I am referring to the real Parmesan cheese, the originator of the name, called Parmigiano-Reggiano

The stuff in the cans is awful, and IMO should not bear the name. The domestic versions in block form are better, but not much, try a piece of Parmigiano-Reggiano and all will be revealed...

top topics

join